Ranked points

The ranking points system is completely weird and (perhaps) wrong. Does anyone know how the points are awarded at the finish ? What are the rules, etc ?

Here’s some cases that make absolutely no sense:

• My team loses, 3-2, I am ALWAYS the 1st in my team and in 1-4th place every race. I get -29 points
    My team wins, I always get 1st-3rd place in the race, 3-2 for us … I get 4 points.

• I win a championship, at least 2 wins in 1st place - I get 2 points
    OR… and this is the best one:

• I win a championship, at least 2 wins in 1st place - I get MINUS 1 point.

[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

It’s absolutely impossible to advance from level 14 in Team Adventure (no matter how good you are, 50% of the time at least, you’ll lose). Most of the time I just pray that the internet fails for at least half of the team…
Also, advancing from level 12 in Free-for-all, with this +2, +2, +2, -1, etc … will take until 2022.

If you are disconnected from the adventure i.e. dumped back into horizon solo or abandon a ranked adventure you will lose points. They are not deducted straight away but after the next adventure you do thus scores in the minus for winning an adventure. The level of the players you are racing also counts towards your final score. Beat players higher levels than you and you will profit more. Lose to lower levels and you will probably lose points depending on your final position in the leaderboard (FFA). That’s about as much as I can grasp from the system.

With regards to those disconnects they are a real pain. I can spend hours playing adventures and 2 disconnects can wipe out everything I’ve earned. I know it’s not my end because nothing else is disconnected. No flashing lights on router. Still connected to xbox live.

Here is a copy and paste from another thread https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst154543_I-like-this-game--It-s-a-very-polished-racing-game.aspx I responded to regarding how points work:

The point system is working perfectly in that scenario, the only thing broken with ranked MP is that the matchmaking does not create even matches (because there aren’t enough ranked players to pull from at any given time to make a fair match). The OP screenshots are a typical lopsided match and will provide no meaningful information to the TrueSkill ranking system and should result in 0 points awarded (or even -1).

You manage League 20 - 0 Points by leaving games, disconnecting, and losing a lot. See the line below from the FM7 Scoring details “as a further deterrent to players dropping from races early, players who leave a race early will receive a last place (read: negative) points payout.” This is why rage quitting will kill your ranked score. And FH4 will only show 0 as the lowest displayed score, but a player can go infinitely negative and those people may never get above League 20 and 0 points because they have dug themselves such a big hole, they can never get their way out. You are better off starting a new account. People will often see +0 when they are at League 20 and 0 points because whatever point amount they won was not enough to bring them back to a positive score so the end score screen shows 0+0 for the win (and it will show +0 for a loss although a loss actually subtracted points and you are at an even further negative score, it will only start showing positive or negative numbers after they dig themselves out of the unknown negative hole they have and get back to positive point range).

This is how Forza Ranked FFA Scoring (<–HYPERLINK)works:

Forza Rank Scoring

Team ranked scoring is based solely on achieving the objective and individual performance has zero bearing on the points you earn (it does not matter if you place first or last you will get/lose the same number of points regardless of your individual performance on the team, all that matters is playing the objective (PTO): whether your TEAM wins or loses). FH4 and FM7 use the CLASSIC TrueSkill ranking system which “only uses the final standings of all teams in a match in order to update the skill estimates (ranks) of all players in the match.” Only games that utilize the newer TrueSkill 2 ranking system factor in individual performance such as Gears of War 4 and Halo 5 “The TrueSkill 2 ranking system also uses the individual scores of players in order to weight the contribution of each player to each team. As a result, TrueSkill 2 is much faster at figuring out the skill of a new player.” FH4 uses the classic system, so individual performance does not get accounted for in team modes.

TrueSkill Ranking System (<–HYPERLINK)

TrueSkill

Here is another post I had that might help some additional questions you had: https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm1098156_It-s-been-8-months-and-Ranked-mode-is-still-trash.aspx#post_1098156

5 Likes

Stop quoting this like it means something, because it doesn’t.

1 Like

And why exactly is that? Because it doesn’t work out for you the way you want it to at your convenience or do you have something a little more tangible to back that up with?

1 Like

You see a lot of ranked players (even high ranks) quitting when are about to lose, so the amount of points you lose for quitting can’t be that bad!?
So you probably lose less points by quitting than by losing the adventure. Odd.

//edit: I tested it and you actually lose more points for losing than for quitting, no surprise everybody’s doing it.