RAMMERS - In Race penalty idea

It’s not the most up to date list out there, but I’m sure some of the names featured will have something competitive :+1:

1 Like

I get rammed because I had the audacity to be faster than other people.

You’ve been insanely lucky Aqua. People are horrible in this game. I’d estimate about a quarter of the population I run into online are egregious rammers. About 5% would rather mess up your day than win.

I’ve seen drivers miss checkpoints just so they can ram people.

It’s true some of the contact is unintentional. The combination of close racing and the fact that the servers are terrible and don’t always show the same thing for everyone (something I’ve confirmed in convoys) creates a lot of very destructive but unintentional contact. As such I’ve only included egregiously obvious cases in my numbers, where no intent to slow down was ever shown and the driver took a poor line through the corner specifically to hit another, or when on a straightaway and the only reason to sideswipe you is to prevent you from passing. Situations that hood view can’t explain away (I play a lot with people in hood view, I’ve had a lot of experience getting sideswiped by accident because they just plain didn’t know I was there).

I make a point to drive cleanly. This is not reaping what I sow, and discounting it as such is both false and unhelpful.

3 Likes

Were talking about Trials, not Open Racing. There is no way I am lucky for 4 years, it’s impossible. People get rammed in trials if they block you from getting to a red car, and being rammed for blocking is actually good for the team. People who brake too soon will also get rammed as the team will lose. Being as I don’t do much wrong I don’t get rammed in Trails. I get rammed on every bend in Open Racing however. Open racing is every person for themselves.

I was talking about the trials. There is no situation where ramming is a good thing there. And no, I’m not actively blocking people either.

It’s not like these rammers are preventing me from winning the trial. Most of the time they’re an annoyance. But I don’t want them in my game and I especially don’t want them to benefit from my work.

Last trial I did was excellent. People were racing each other still. There was still the odd jostle or jockeying for positioning. But no ramming, no purposefully trying to shove out of checkpoints. It’s definitely possible to have a clean trial. There are just a lot of people out there that want to see the world burn, or actually believe that ramming is the best way to race.

1 Like

It seems to be certain people who get rammed who also have the attitude that the race should be cosy. Their cosy racing is the cause for them slowing the team down. So yes there is a situation for ramming in team events if the team will lose. It’s not your race to lose for everyone else. The cars slide on bends, and you have to take the bends fast, there is no cosy FH5 version.

The game system dont know who is the attacker.

What if someone steer to you and then he bounce off to the wall? or brake check other then crashed himself?
It happen in GT sport people trigger penalty to other players by intentionally brake check someone then run off track.
In forza often when I overtake from inside people still steer into my door and he is outside so he got bounce away.

and for slower player/weaker car user their record are going to dirty because they stuck in more traffic.

The better option would be everyone heavier and cant easily push away. (like a NPC car)
For a casual arcade title I dont want to see lots of penalty.
Instead it should show clean racing score in result. Like any FPS game we have some teamplay score to make people doing team action

It’s a team race, you don’t want the rammers to be penalised in a team race. It’s the same as saying “Give the red team more advantages.”

I would prefer at least one simple method:

if someone missing a checkpoint while there is contact to an other driver both should be placed back

imho this would reduce intentionally “pushing someone out of checkpoint” behaviour

Bring back the weight like this

And I suggest the game should stop respawn player after missing checkpoint
I think it should be slow down penalty

1 Like

The people wanting penalties show that they are not team players. they want the players in their team penalised. Therefore is also shows that their reasons for complaining about being rammed are not sound judgments either.

Those gentle taps are to slow you down not ram you off as in the commentary. My mind would not indicate to me that they were ramming me. That is quite gentle racing compared to Open Racing. They even let you go.

Grip racing is much faster than drift racing in this game, especially on tarmac. You should not be sliding on corners.

Sure corner entry will be faster, but getting through the corner and exit speeds will be much slower. You very definitely should not be ramming people trying to grip race.

1 Like

I don’t know if you noticed but the Ai have grip we don’t. I take bends better than most people in Open Racing, I tend to win most of my races overtaking on the bends.

I’ve also noticed they take terrible lines. It is very possible to beat unbeatable without resorting to all power no grip, bounce off walls builds.

1 Like

Let me fix that for you…

1 Like

That’s not fixed… that’s just wanting to lose the race. I only want to do the Trial once each week, if someone wants to lead the race… great!

Thank you, I will give it a try!

Maybe I interpreted it wrong but I read it as “rammers are creating the ramming problem” which is a no brainer lol and followed on with my point that players are easily influenced. If one person rams then everyone starts ramming.

1 Like

Yep, totally agree there.

No problem on mis-interpreting the reply as it seems to me you have. I think their comment on you pointing out the fact that there are a lot of comments on ramming was that the people commenting/complaining on the problem were the rammers. It’s our fault if we get rammed. Riiight :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Save yourself and everyone else a lot of grief and take your own advice. Don’t do the trial, do something else, where you don’t have to ram TEAM mates because “reasons” :roll_eyes:

1 Like