Race Regulations system and revised Track Limits in FM7

Track limits coming first… Everyone has to learn the new track boundaries. Race Regulations will come shortly behind, that will handle penalties and what not. More info coming in the future.

14 Likes

As long as this is optional for single player, it’s ok. I dont want to see esports changing the way single player is handled.

5 Likes

I would hope that track boundaries apply to single player as well

5 Likes

I very much agree.

I am totally not a fan of esports. If these changes are mandatory in single player, well then thats it for me. I will then just stick with the Horizon series, unless they mess that up too.

4 Likes

I’m sorry; am I missing something, here? How would SP be negatively affected?

4 Likes

Would definitely affect the people who want to cut the track and ram the AI out of the way to get their wins in the career.

4 Likes

You mean horizon players :wink:

1 Like

but that’s not negative, that would stop the negative driving of some people though

1 Like

Which affects no one else while within single player. Which is why this feature should not be involved with it. If you want it, activate it. But it should be a toggle option.

I can see the use for online play, but single player, it should not be a thing.

2 Likes

If can post to boards, then will be a thing.

1 Like

Then have it if disabled, it is an automatic dirty lap

Then yet again. It won’t matter. Career mode leaderbords aren’t that important anyway

2 Likes

Big call. Exhibition boards were heavily run in FM2. Entire cars were built and tuned just to run those events. It was great to see them back in 7.

1 Like

Didn’t say it was negative, just that that’s the only reason I can see to be disappointed by it.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I thought it sounded like. I haven’t watched the video yet; do the tighter tracks seem to be leading to more quicksand? If not, then placing a wheel wrong won’t be so bad, just resulting in a “dirty” lap, which hardly matters in SP.

To wit:

What happens if your tire touches the strips, from what you can tell from the vid?

The blue boundry line is along the edge of the pavement and NOT on the outer edge of the strip or in areas where cars are given some wiggle room in real life. Very unrealistic. It seems violating this line would cause a penalty which should not be the case. Watch the actual video.

3 Likes

From the video you can see that it still requires all four tires to be outside the boundary for it to count as a dirty lap or give you a penalty.
In the first image you can see that he has 2 wheels of the track boundary with no dirty lap icon or penalty time.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvZ6YFfTF14mkMJkbXw3cnjbsfbGag

In this image he has all 4 wheels of the track boundary and the penalty system starts and the dirty lap icon shows.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvZ6YFfTF14mkMJlr2bE_m7PVeMyHA

7 Likes

It’s not unrealistic at all.

In physical racing the rules state the track is denoted by marked white and/or yellow lines on either side of the track and does not include ripple strips or curbs. → EDITED - ORIGINAL → Place two or more wheels outside of the marked track and you get a penalty or dirty lap, which is a fair call on a motorsport game. ← EDITED - ORIGINAL ←

→ EDIT - NEW → Keep two or more wheels inside of the marked track and you will not get a penalty or dirty lap, which is a fair call on a motorsport game. ← EDIT - NEW ←

2 Likes

In real racing the rumble stripes are used on a regular basis.

30 second mark being the worst

These guys are on the rumble stripes every turn and are even air born a few times

Every car in this video is on the rumble strip

3 Likes

Yeah - what may be your point? The cars also very clearly have at least 2 wheels on the track.

Your original post said if 2 or more wheels were on the rumble strip a penalty or dirty lap should apply. Now you are saying as long as you have 2 wheels within the boundary you are good. Most race cars only have 4 wheels, so what statement are you trying to make? 2 wheels on a rumble strip is clean or dirty?