[RACE] INDYCAR Dave's Race Paints - NASCAR, INDY, etc

Awesome paint! Ever thought about placing some older indy paints on our grand prix cars?

Sure. Did the 65 lotus (above) and am thinking about Foyt’s 1964 winner or Parnelli’s 98 Ol’Calhoun from 1963. Thinking about using the 52 Ferrari roadster as the base. Let me know if you have any suggestions/requests. Thanks!

If you’re up to requests, here’s an obscure one for you…

Johnny Rutherford in the 68 Indy 500. I think this would be a fun livery on the Eagle-Weslake. Now, if I could only find more photos of the actual car…

Yes. Love that one. A little hard to find good info on it but that is a great looking car. Thanks for the note!

Graham Hill 1967 Indy

Another tribute to an all-time great. Graham Hill’s 1966 Indy 500 Winner - the American Red Ball Special. The British Invasion changed the Brickyard forever. I used the Brabham again. Seems to look the closest to the original.

1 Like

Yeeesss! Nice work indeed. I’ll try to find a worthy request for your Indy skills

^That one is looking very nice indeed mate. Good work on that one!

JR 1974 Indy

Johnny Rutherford’s 1974 Indy 500 Winner. (Used the James Hunt McLaren as the base).

2 Likes

Looking nice mate, the orange and blue is rather nice.

1996 Indy Winner

My latest effort - Buddy Lazier’s 1996 Indy 500 Winner. Difficult to adapt to the DW12 Chassis but still one very nice color scheme and a tribute to one of the toughest racers to ever run at the Brickyard.

Jr. Cammo

Dale Earnhardt Jr. Throwback paint scheme. Still love the number 8.

dale sr bps

Die hard NASCAR fans may recall this one. My take on the Bass Pro Shops gold car of Dale Earnhardt Sr.

Donohue 1972 Indy Winner

Mark Donohue’s Team Penske McLaren 1972 Indy 500 Winner.

1 Like

Looking very nice indeed mate, Donohue is a legend and the Sunoco livery is always very clean indeed.

Thanks Ace. That one is pretty minimalist but, as you said, Donohue is a legend and it was an obvious project. Thanks for the kind words.

Some quality logo and number work!

Thanks for the kind words! I appreciate the encouragement!!

An original. Love the MGD logo so just did this one for fun. Hope you guys like it.
Dave

This is a Dale Jr tribute using the 88 Monte Carlo as the base. Another throwback scheme.

Miller Mustang is looking nice mate but the Dale Jr. Monte Carlo is really a winner. Love the Budweiser logo! Keep up the great work.