Race for the Record Rivals Event

Let me first say how excited I am about this event! A funny note however is that, as a whole, the European players are more dominant at the top of the global leaderboard. Us Americans are being beat in our home car on a home track! While I don’t see hope in myself getting into that top 12 rockin a controller, I feel a lack of fire from my fellow 'Mericans. We must not allow Europe to take our Mustang!

may be just me, but this Mustang is the hardest car in its class to drive… I run wheel and no assist on almost any car except F1’s and this sucker goes into a quick slide/understeer in every turn. I can really on do a decent time with STM…!

1 Like

I was actually surprised just how good the car handled.

hehe Agreed!!! for me it’s so hard to feel comfortable in this car. I tried a VIP rival event with this car(stock only)… had to drive like 30 laps to even get to rank: 200+(assists off, probably easier with assist on)… such a bad but good lookin car!

I plan on giving this one my best shot after work. <—Merican

It maybe be because Europeans know how to take corners seeing most roads have them :laughing:

1 Like

Hmm, set a time with my usual settings then figured I’d never get near the top unless I went hardcore so dropped all assists and in 3 laps was within .2 seconds of my assisted time. Hardcore seemed like it’d be too crazy before but I guess I was ready. Still 5 seconds off the top time though but at least I learned something.

Edit: 5 hours later beat my assist time by .4 lol.

1 Like

I like the inclusion of the Hardcore leaderboards; I drive with all assists off anyway but now I’m rewarded for it.

It also shows just how few people race without assists in the game. On some leaderboards it’s only 0.1% of players, particularly in the higher classes (X-Class Brands Hatch only has 25 Hardcore times, out of 25,000 total). People like their Driving Line and TCS too much :wink:

Pointless for me to try as the event is void where I live :frowning:

Last I checked, my controller time was 24 NA, 138 global, 22 hardcore. That tells me of top 138, only 24 are from NA and only 22 ditched the assists. Of the top 12, only 1 player is from NA leaderboard, DTM Lightning. I also learned I’m still 1.4s slower with the G920 than controller…

I would like to see the top 12 from the hardcore leaderboard be selected as they are racing in the truest fashion.

Anyone heard anything about the results or where they get officially posted?

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/html/pbpage.Forza_Registration_Page

WINNER NOTIFICATION

Potential Finalists, will be notified by sending a message to the e-mail address or phone number (if any) associated with their gamertag profile within 72 hours following the close of the Preliminary Round. You must claim your Finalist Prize within 48 hours of being notified, or you may forfeit the prize and it the next highest scoring Entrant will be named a potential Finalist, time allowing. Your Xbox Live gamertag profile information, including e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number, must be complete, correct and current in order to be eligible for a prize. You can verify/update your profile information via your account profile by following the instructions on Xbox.com or through the Xbox Live Dashboard from your Xbox 360 console. If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential Finalist to be the authorized account holder of gamertag used to enter the Contest. If you are a potential Finalist we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form or W-8 BEN tax form. If you are a potential Finalist and you are 18 or older, but are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select a runner-up.
If you are confirmed as a Finalist or Champion in this Contest:

You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we may award it to a runner up; and
You are solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize; and
If you are otherwise eligible for this Contest, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, we may award the prize to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf; and
Unless otherwise noted, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer’s warranty and / or terms and conditions.
Limit one Finalist and one Champion (prize per person.

HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHO WON?

We will post the names of winners online at www.forzamotorsport.net. This list will remain posted until December 31, 2015.

I finished 8th and still am yet to hear anything, no emails, messages, phone calls and such?

Squeaky bum time haha.

Box and Asix dont have any messages too?

Noboday was informed until now. :wink:

I don’t receive email of confirmation :confused:

What a big Joke from Turn 10…It´s a bit like the BMW M5 Cup in Germany when they told the first 16 are qualified and in the end it was just the place 1 to 4… haha

Based on what Mechberg and Raceboy said in last night’s Forza Friday stream, the Finale is taking place today in Los Angeles.

Xbox Wire has a video and list of pro drivers who were paired with the gamers:
http://news.xbox.com/2015/12/28/forza-motorsport-6-petersen-automotive-museum