[Question] Should people who can't beat the Bounty Hunter Rivals be allowed to vote on the car?

I mean, if they aren’t able to beat them. They can vote for a car that not many people would want, such as the BMW in this current one.

I personally feel it’s perhaps an unfair thing to do as people may vote for the ‘worst’ car as they know they wont beat the times, it also allows for non-players of the game to vote.
Adding to that, some of the these people who vote get overly excited at the chance to gain the fastest/most expensive cars which might not necessarily be the most wanted car by the majority of people who do actually beat the times.

There’s many flaws to the voting being public, perhaps pulling the times from the Leaderboards database and allowing in-game voting or voting on here (Once the Bounty has set their final time) for those that beat the time may be a better implementation of the idea.

2 Likes

Turn 10 have already decided, and their answer is yes.

1 Like

Of course they should be able to vote for it! As much as I see your logic, I feel that although some people may see a time and struggle to beat it, if they are able to vote for a car they want it will give them more incentive to try and beat the time.

In This month’s bounty hunter event the time should be achievable for a lot of people. Plus I would have thought that the majority of people voting will be people who want a car rather than those who want to annoy other people.

1 Like

Ultimately, it doesn’t really matter. The idea of the challenge is to generate interest, get people playing (regardless of ability to beat the time), and throw in a freebie for taking part. Everyone’s a winner. T10 report higher traffic in game and the gamer gets a free car. Having a vote for the car is just a nicety. The could have taken the choice from you.

1 Like

counter question, should people with a forza score of less than 1055 be allowed to start threads or have any opinion at all ?

9 Likes

Counter counter question…

Should the glitch in the forum where it shows users’ incorrect loyalty tier as 4 and incorrect score of 1050 be fixed? ;0)

2 Likes

Touche, but the question still stands as should his (or anyones) ability to have an opinion on anything be based on some predetermined cut off point ?

2 Likes

no I don’t think so, especially if it comes down to personal ability.

That’s a bit “elitist” don’t you think ?

Not particularly, I asked an open question to see what other people think of it (More to get a general consensus of if people approve of how they’ve gone about doing it), stating how it’s flawed in ways. I gave my opinion that it may be unfair as it’s not exactly good for those who are hopeful to get something then get disappointed when they aren’t able to achieve getting it. As well as those (Which there may be few, but they do exist) who will vote on which car with ‘the wrong intentions’ and may not actually play the game.

I don’t really think he being an elitist. Theres a difference between what a Non-forza players, casual player that can’t make the time and veteran player. The RS 1800 in forza is very useful and competitive car but who would want it over a supercar? Only forza veteran would. Because the supercar will probably average at best and shelved after one or two uses. But the little tier one RS would come handy in the lower class. So why would you want someone who doesn’t play a lot or not at all to make a decision that doesn’t effect them?

Good grief, it’s just a game! Do we have to find fault with everything?

2 Likes

It seems like it. I am all for constructive criticism but some of the issues turning up on here are over the top.

2 Likes

Yes ;0)

1 Like

I don’t know. If you’ve been here longer than 10 minutes you’d know that is what people do on this forum. There’s less flaws with a public (so everyone can see the votes) on social media (which many people use) as opposed to in game (more coding that could go wrong) or on this forum (which like a tiny fraction of players actually use and read). Is the OP really just worried that a car they don’t want will win the poll?

-k

1 Like

Surely that would provide more of a challenge than a car you like though? Or am I missing the point? It’s still a level playing field, and there will be those that will be better than others regardless of what car it is, so I don’t really see the problem. Setting a good time in the “worst” car would be more rewarding than setting a decent time in the “best” car wouldn’t it? Put a good driver in a bad car, they’re still a good driver and should be able to extract the most from it, put a bad driver in a good car though, and they’re still not going to be able to keep up with the good drivers in a good car… The car you eventually end up with should have no effect on your ability to drive it.

1 Like

Yup I think you’re missing the point. What I mean is the method of polling is sound and that the OP probably has his own preference for the prize car that they want to see chosen. They’re afraid that “slow” drivers will vote for a “bad” car that they don’t want as the prize car to sabotage the poll. Most likely many of these players don’t know the poll exists.

-k

1 Like

oh prize car, see there was me thinking that they were choosing the car for the next challenge lol, now I get it. Who would intentionally pick a rubbish car as a prize? That’s like “you can choose between 1k, 10 k and 100k.” Yeah I’ll have 1k thanks.

I’ll go back to my corner and continue sucking my thumb. As you were ;0)

While the internet is full of people who’d sooner throw someone in a fire than say hi to them, I have a hard time believing people who can’t beat Dan would intentionally vote for a bad car en masse. In the sense of “well if I can’t beat him at least I won’t lose something good”, I can see that, but we don’t know when the three losing cars would come up again. Throwing in the Auction House now being live, where some winners could just auction off their car, it wouldn’t be too advantageous for people to do a mass voting of an inferior car.

The voting-based-on-winning has a flaw as well, in that we don’t know what Dan’s final time will be. I’m currently 0.8xx seconds ahead of him, which by your metric would allow me to vote. If he ends up going two seconds faster and I don’t improve my time, I’m no longer a winner, but I already voted. Would my vote no longer count? How could it, when it’s a public poll? If you lock the poll until his final time is set, it may or may not give many winners time to vote. Couple that with there being less voters overall, and you’re actually statistically more likely to see a bad car do well in the poll. Right now it’s supposedly between the 612 Scaglietti and the Lykan. Not my favorite two cars either, but I’d sooner take them than the BMW.

Ah but at present you can’t sell cars you win/get for nothing