To those who have Comodo Firewall and don’t want to uninstall it completely to play this game.
EDIT: Every time the computer restarts it creates a new virtual link to the executable so I have changed this info to fix this problem.
To fix the crash at startup during the black warning screen do the following:
- Right click on the Comodo Firewall icon in the tray near the clock and Go to Firewall → Settings
- In the new window go to Advanced Protection → Miscellaneous and under Don’t detect shellcode injections (which should be ticked) click on “these applications” hyperlink.
- Press Add->Folder and choose any folder you want doesn’t matter. Then click the tick box left of your new entry and click Edit.
- In the new window change whatever path it is to your folder to “\Device\HarddiskVolume*\ForzaHorizon5.exe” without the quotes.
- If successful the entry will change to “\Device\HarddiskVolume*\ForzaHorizon5.exe”.
- Click Ok twice on the buttons and it will successfully start now.
Alternatively uninstall Comodo Firewall completely cause there is no option to stop it from detecting shell code injections and butting in. Apparently some windows apps don’t define their memory buffers and just write to memory past their allocations which causes Comodo to go apeshit and stop the process.