Problem with FH2 day one disc

My friend gave me his copy of FH2 day one edition.
When I inserted the disc nothing happened and a message popped on the screen: “the disc is dirty or damaged” but when get it out it seems fine so I insert it back again.
Now the disc is showing but with no image and all of my games in the library are green squares, yet nothing is happening, no install no nothing.
So I get it out and then another message pop up: “Forza horizon 2, installation started” followed by “Forza horizon 2, installation stopped”.

And that’s only one case, I tried to hard reset my xbox one which seemed to solve the problem until it got to 50% that’s when the game launched on his own.
When the loading screen poped a message appeared saying there’s a 4.8GB update so i press update. After that it goes back to the installation tab where it shows the game and the update downloads which started to download for about 10min and then stopped, nothing happend for the past 3 hours.

What can I do?! I checked the xbox support and tried everything except inserting a different game cause I don’t have another.
The disc seems fine no scratches now damage.

Your console’s internal HDD may be failing. Is this the case with other games? If the disc is clean, then your optical drive may be failing as well. But begs the question: other game discs giving you similar issues?

Sorry for necroing this old post. But it seems to involve the same problem I’m currently having with the game. I also have a FH2 Day one edition (sealed), I saw the same visual glitch with the squares and the game also stops at 50%. So I would like to know if ItsTyrex managed to fix this problem.

For now, I’ve discovered that its possible to force the installer to installa some hundreds of mb until it stops again and needs to be forced again.

I am also having this problem. I uninstalled fh2 to make space for another game but now since i have space, i wanna reinstall it.

I am having the exact same problem aswell with this games and have actually tried two separate discs but both encountering the same problem, one time the game started then when went to select race just sat there spinning, had anyone solved this issue yet thanks

I have the excact same problem on Xbox One S. I bought this game 3 times now. Every copy does the same. Stops at 50% and giving me a warning, that the disc is dirty. It wont get further, no matter what i do. Ive tried everything now.

You should be able to search the ms store* for horizon 2 and download it to console. It used to be in the Xbox app but not lately.

The disk is used to just verify the license to play then.

*Iirc. I saw a comment on Reddit and I think it’s the store you search, might need to be on a desktop/laptop instead of the Xbox store on console

The game is not on available on the store anymore.

Anyway. I managed to get a full install. First i let it install without the internet cable plugged in. It stopped at 50 as usual. Then i plugged in the cable again and tried to launch the game. A message appeared with the update. I updated and the installation stopped again. Now at 65% due to the update. I took out the cable, resumed the installation and launched the game. Now i managed to get to 80%. Plugged in the cable again, and “minimized” the game. The installer now began to install very slowly and then stopped again. I was stuck at 97%, but now i could start the game and play. It didnt install for 15-20 mins. I paused the installation, rebooted the console and tried again. Nothing happend. Just stuck. I then started and played the game, still at 97%. Played a good 15 mins again and “minimized” the game. Now the installation resumed from disk and installed the last 3%. So i can be forced somehow, but starting, pausing, resuming, playing the game etc.

“I just went to my Fh2 achievements and clicked on one, allowed me to find it in the store. Because if you just search Forza Horizon 2, only 5 & 4 show up.”

"Had almost the same situation some time ago. If I remember correctly, you should do the following: 0. Delete all previous FH2 leftovers,

1. Cancel auto installation after inserting the disc,
  2. While the disc is in console, go to MS Store,
  3. Initiate installation from the store,
  4. Eject disc when downloading starts,
  5. Wait the completion.

Thus, as the license holder, you can have FH2 fully from the net. Fortunately, you have the license info on some healthy part of disc — this is the reason it all works and you need this ‘area’ everytime to run the game itself, obviously."