Potential new car/track playable at the Petersen Automotive Museum

{Update}

There we go, “case closed”.

The initial wording referring to a car “not being out” looks to have meant a car not for sale to the public just yet (the Ford GT) and not a new car that’s included within the game.

{Original Post}

http://theroadlessdriven.kinja.com/heres-your-preview-of-the-all-new-petersen-automotive-m-1746233141

1 Like

Tricky language. It could be the '66 Silvia, which would explain why there was no announcement - waiting for the public to see it at the Petersen first. But it could also be a track.

Fingers crossed for a track - the track selection is already top notch, but there can never be too many tracks!

I think that it’s supposed to mean what cars and tracks could be playable in this demo of sorts. In one of the pictures seen in the WiR, you can see Daytona, CotA, Laguna Seca, and the Top Gear test track above each of the setups.

Assuming it’s an exhibition build of the game (which would explain the different splash screen) and those are the 4 tracks you can race on, that would mean that the new content is a car.

Given how we haven’t seen any announcement about the Silvia yet, one could make a reasonable guess that that car is the “unreleased content” that the writer is alluding to.

Considering how every Forza Motorsport game had tracks added after release (except 1 and 4) I have no doubt that there will eventually be a new track in Forza 6. However, I’m not sure if this is it.

https://ar12gaming.com/articles/microsofts-partnership-with-peterson-museum-isnt-teasing-additional-content-for-forza-motorsport-6

“[There’s a] bit of confusion here, let me clarify,” author Maness told me. "I’m saying the car itself is not available for sale, which is the Ford GT. The tracks and cars are all standard for Forza 6 I believe, nothing special that I know of,” he explained. "

There we go, “case closed”.

The initial wording referring to a car “not being out” looks to have meant a car not for sale to the public just yet (the Ford GT) and not a car that’s included within the game.