Possible easy workaround for G920 brake pedal issue; someone want to try it out?

I looked, it definitely isn’t in there. Wonder where this information came from.

I changed the deadzone to something of a lower tolerance. Has worked wonders, but still isnt as easy to press as the clutch and gas but it works as intended (thank god for that carpet gripper on the bottom of the pedals).

1 Like

Setting the deadzones all the way down isn’t a new workaround for the brake pedal. I already do this in every game that I run. With Forza, running the deadzones all the way down results in a brake pressure somewhere around 75% when pushed to where the real pressure begins and helps to avoid locking the brakes with ABS off. For me I have carpeted floors so not having a wheel stand is not the biggest issue. These pedal sets assume that you have a fixed seat that you can push against like the guy above. These seats allow you to exert a lot more pressure on the pedals without chair movement. I just have an office chair with wheels and when I run Project Cars 2 I have to put things behind the casters because even with the deadzones all the way down, PC2 requires more braking force than Forza 7. The console and TV setup is in a bedroom and we have cats that like to get into and/or chew everything so keeping a wheel and chair setup in the same place at all times is not an option. Also, I have space to wheel and store the wood frame that my wheel is mounted on but not a race seat.

Therefore, at the moment at least, setting deadzones to minimum is the easiest way for me to be able to enjoy the game.

-k

One thing I forgot to mention in my last post, no matter if you have the settings you want, or need help finding the right settings that work, make sure you have the latest firmware for your wheel. There was an update in October, maybe another one since, not sure. It fixes the dashboard calibration issue, where it would reset the calibration every time you touched the Xbox button. Plus some other fixes I can’t remember.

1 Like

I have the regular Thrustmaster pedals and WISH I had the rubber mod in it,way to easy to go overboard with the brake!!!

1 Like

Lies. I have no stops behind my brake pedal. You need more practice, sir.

1 Like

If only I had half of your skills!!

1 Like

Something in between would be ideal.

-k

I’m on a g27, but as its written to me it seems like with abs off the distance to apply enough pressure of the brakes is more than it was for forza 6… Personally I like the difficulty and the freedom as I’m learning heal toe with having that kind of sensitive braking. Is any body else having UI problems, with PC?, I’ve attempted to change the steering analog stick where it had seemed that there wasn’t any dead zone only to find out that there was a huge dead zone already set.

I took the rubber piece out. Never looked back. The pedal is a bit soft, but it’s more comfortable to play now. I have zero problems heel-toeing. Never lock wheels even without ABS.

1 Like

Since the start Ive had the dead zones down all the way on the G920 and it works the best on Forza than all other games but some like PC2 require a good deal of braking even set all the way down. Ive heard you can also trim down the brake rubber piece instead of removing it entirely to decrease the resistance. I don’t have a racing chair nor do I have the space for one so I’m forced to use an office chair with wheels. That’s where the brake resistance really does me wrong and I have to lower it all the way. Any time you press the xbox home button you have to go back into the wheel advanced settings and re accept them to make sure the brake dead zone adjustment works properly.

-k