Please teach me to drift

Please forza friends can somebody please teach me to drift i can race and i love to play and i won’t troll that’s messed up i just want to learn to drift i play alot but mostly after 9th e.s.t. gamer tag is nakedrunner83 if you want a drift prodigy get at me and show me the ropes I’m not stupid and I learn fast also have very large selection of cars to tune and mod so I can keep up with the right training thanks forza friends

1 Like

Well there’s a few aspects. If you can’t build/tune then you need to download other drivers cars. Then with those cars find out which ones you like. Or have someone who you know, and feels that they are good builders/tuners make a set up for you and you can then give them feedback and they will make adjustments.

It all starts with how you drive, what you like in terms of a chassis, the horsepower range you want. Once you have a better understanding of those then you can get better at making your own.

Everyone has there own style and touch so downloading a tune/build means you’re driving their car setup for how they want it to work which might not coincide with how you drive, and what you expect.

Beginner HP 300-500
Average HP 501-750
Above Average HP 751-800
“Master Level” HP 801-1100

Those ranges are based on the assumption of similar build objectives like balanced tire sizes, full roll cage, street tires for 500 and below, sport tires 600 and up.

Absolutely true. Same as Jsi said too. It’s all about YOUR style. Mine are very touchy, very powerful, with minimum tire upgrade, and don’t add or subtract tire pressure. Example of my S15 on FM4 and similar to an RX7 I tuned here.

Tires=street upgrade both Front and Back one width.

Gearing is up to you, and if using a clutch or not. I do mine for optimal power and torque and usually go between 3-5 gears depending on the turn.

Camber though on here I’m working some bugs out;
Front -5
Back -.8 or so

Toe, mirror as above

Springs vary, I usually went down to about 1/4 of bar on both

Rebound and bump 7.5 or so on front, maxed on back

Down force isn’t necessarily needed. It’s preference though.

Braking is a preference too, I tend to go 70-75% front with 100-115 power.

Different 100% and 0%.

That’s my typical, but again, I’m working some bugs out too. These also have between 800-900 hp or more and I usually initiate by clutch kicking. Depends on the turn.

This was all taught to me from a forza vet, TandemSideways, who in the past was top 5 on all tracks. Different physics now, so some changes to style, lines, etc. and even tunes are necessary. Hope it helps some though.

Currently building S15, and Supra, my RX7 is shared not as much power, but did 70k on rio even though I messed a few turns up.

Tried a new approach thanks to PTG Curtis. Keep acceleration and deceleration close i.e 100/90

Also rebound 8-11 front and 6 and below back. Seems to affect it more than I thought.

hahahaha “Master Level” that cracked me up.

Overall though good advice to help you out though. Like he said its all about figuring out what you like and what works for you. Ive been around since Fm2 and have drifted a different car, with different HP and setups every single forza. I think it took me 7 different drift builds so far in fm6 (partially because i just like making different cars) to really find a car ive gotten to really like. However, my advice is to stick with one car until you learn the basics of drifting and get the hang of it. And really it just comes down to practice, just keep at it, even though it can be frustrating. Youll only get better.

If you wanna add me and we can drift sometime im more than happy to help you out the best I can. Good luck with it and enjoy bud!

if you can tune u dont need anymore then 500 to 600 hp unless ur a points drifter

Here you go!

Very new to the Forza world. Looking to get some advice and maybe talk to someone that knows what they are doing. Im having lots of trouble trying to practice. I tried some youtube videos but it didnt help me very much

Add me if you want to man. I consider myself experienced at tuning so I can help you with that and I can slide but not great at tandems.

what could be a car I could use to learn how to drift? What parts should I put on the car and what is the tune setup I should have. Ive been trying to drift but haven’t been successful

lucky =P, anyway he is right. for instance my tunes alot of people think they are extremly grippy but thats what i like. i try to drift someone elses tune, cant hold angle or i spin. it’s good to get a base tune you like and then tune it the way you like it.

1 Like

What would be a good beginners car to use? (in terms of learning how to build, tune, drift, etc.)

I posted the following in this thread: http://forums.forza.net/turn10_postmessage.aspx?m=437939

Here’s a beginner tune I made for those that need help learning to drift:

The settings on this are tamer then what I typically use, but that’s cause it to help those who are struggling with controlling the drift car.

After you get used to the way this feels then you can start to adjust the settings. I set my cars up like real world drift where possible. Here are some basic settings that I use and that work for me, others that have tried my tunes find them easy to drift.

Tire Pressure
A lot people use weird settings here. For fronts anywhere from 28.0 PSI to 34.0 PSI is plenty and for the rear typically a lot lower, 20.0 PSI to 24.0 PSI.

[ub]Gearing**
I keep gearing short, I prefer less gear changes so I can focus on controlling the car with less effort. I typically set my gear so that I run the car in 4th gear most of the time with it topping out at about 110mph to 120mph (In 4th gear)

Camber
Typically you will want anywhere from -3.0 to -4.0 camber in the front and between -1.0 and 0.0 in the rear. Rear tires are almost vertical.

Toe
For toe you want Toe Out at the front and Toe In, in the rear. Adjust anywhere from 0.0 to -0.8 or 0.0 to +0.8 where applicable.

Caster
Caster on some real world drift cars run caster as high at 9 degrees but anywhere from 5.0 to 7.0 can do.

Anti- Roll Bars
I set Anti-roll bars between 20 and 35 with more bias to be stiffer in the front. Too much body roll and the back end drags around too much

Springs
I usually soften the springs by about 100lbs to 200lbs from their stock settings depending on the car weight. When you watch pro drift cars take off you can usually see the gear changes in the slight body roll from front to back as they smash through the gears before hitting their first corner. Drift cars also squat a lot.
I also adjust the ratio of front to rear to match the weight distribution of the car e.e 51% to the front (After car build as weight balance differs from stock obviously).

Ride Height
Drift cars are typically raked towards the front being higher. I use a difference of about 1.o inch, front higher then the back.

Damping
Adjust to your liking, front stiffer then the rear for both Rebound and Bump. I set Bump low between 2.0 and 4.0 depending on the car weight.

Aero
A lot of people don’t use the aero. Rear aero actually helps wuite a bit in giving the car grip while cornering so it’s great for drifting, more grip while cornering means the car can drift faster. I have a 450HP 240sx with rear forza aero that can keep up with 800HP while drifting. Yes it’s slower to accelerate but it slides at the same speed as the bigger faster cars. Running front aero can help to of course.

Brakes
This can vary a lot person to person. I personally set them biased towards the front. Usually anywhere between 65% and 80%. Using the brakes while still on throttle (Left foot braking in a real car) allows you to slow and control that front end direction more. Brake pressure I set around 140%-160%

Diff
I use the standard drift settings most of the time. You can do the Locked diff 100% accel and 100% decel as a lot og low HP cars use wielded diffs in real life. I use 100% all the time on the accel but use between 92% and 98% for decel

Good job on describing the 600+ horsepower range as the “master level”. I’ve been drifting with 625+ horsepower cars since Forza 3 and actually prefer the absolute most horsepower with the stock tire compound. You’re right about everything being specific to each own’s style though, for sure. I’ve known people that can drift decent in FWD hatchbacks but optimal drift setup basis should be your own personal preference. For most that’s RWD but I can drift pretty good in AWD cars, too. When you’re switching from RWD to AWD or AWD to RWD and you’re running 600+ horsepower in virtually any car, there’s gonna be a big difference in how the car handles in the initial pull back and wheelslip, how it follows through with the drift, and how fast and far it swings back into the turn when you realign the front wheels to end the drift or follow through into another. I’d suggest running RWD from the start but when you start getting into the nitty gritty of tuning that’s where it gets real, well, not REAL serious but more serious than you would if you just upgraded parts and drifted rather than upgrade AND tune the parts you installed. Again, like everyone else is saying: it’s pure preference. Everyone has a sort of similar hand position on the controller (I say controller since I assume you aren’t using a wheel and pedals), but different people have different methods of turning/accelerating. I have actually made it (sort of) to the slower inclined turn of the left stick rather than my old but still usual “pulsing” turning. I think I actually might be the only person I know that races in Forza that way. Oh well.

If I were in your shoes I’d go with what everyone else is saying: apply a tune that’s been created by someone else then tune that based on what you feel needs to be changed (if anything). Good luck.

Oh, and also: if you haven’t learned already: switch to manual with clutch. Automatic isn’t optimal for drifting, clutchless manual is alright, but with full manual (with clutch) you can rev the engine whenever needed, apply the e-brake, and adjust the drift you’re currently in or just pull into another one.

I got you…I have several AWD drift car tunes…hit me up on live HITMIXHYEPOCK71