TLDR: Uninstalled Update KB4457142 and allowed computer to reboot. I got online ingame instantly. I think I had to repair connection after reboot but it was just to acquire an IP.
I tried EVERYTHING.
Starting / Stopping services
Fixing Xbox connection via control panel game settings
stopping starting firewall
The list goes on but nothing worked… then I came across a post by Biftytime saying he found something about uninstalling this update working for him.
I was skeptical, but it worked.
- Hit Windows Key
- Type “Windows Update”
- Click on “Check for Updates”
- Click on “View installed update history”
- toward top, Click on “Uninstall updates”
- Look for Update KB4457142.
- Right-Click and uninstall
- It takes a while, be patient.
- Windows should request to reboot
- After reboot if ! on internet connection just rightclick and troubleshoot to renew IP.
- Log into Forza Horizon 4 and instead of panel saying “connect online” the window said “invite friends” so I knew I was online already.
- saw other real players driving around and could join races.
I hope this helps others who had given up