[PC] My friend is missing some content from the game for more than 1 week

Hello,

I’m writting this topic since my friend doesn’t have been replied by the Microsoft support yet, sorry in advance if the question was answered before It’s my first time on this forum

Here is the situation: as written in the title one of my friend who recently purshased the game through Microsoft Store doesn’t have access to some contents of the game

This include: The current seasonal/christmas update rewards and events (the Mercedes-AMG E63 and the Maserati 8CTF are remplaced by regular wheelspins on his side), the ability of downloading tunes/vynils from other players, playing rivals and also he cannot access to his in game mailbox. The tabs are completely greyed out which prevent him to access some options from the game
He can still play in some online based modes such as the eliminator or even horizon open races, which is even weirder… I also cannot gift to him a car from the Forzathon shop since his name straight up doesn’t appear in the list of a potential receiver.

After asking to some people in the community, some players told to him to check if there was an update of the game available because there may be a chance that he was missing an update, but nothing showed up in the Microsoft Store/Xbox app about an update of the game. Not to mention that he already unistalled the game completely in case but again, problems weren’t solved for him.

I also don’t know if it’s really worth to mention it but my friend was originaly playing the game through the Game Pass before buying the game

It’s been since last week that he his missing some content from the game and it starts to be a bit annoying espacially when we’re used to clear the seasonal content together… Also some people talked about a potential ban but I don’t really think that my friend used any kind of exploits, or uploaded fancy car vinyls on the game

Thanks in advance if someone can give us more informations about this problem and If there is a way that we can solve it…
(Also sorry for gramatical mistakes)

The game uses 2 types of connections.

1. To ForzaHorizon5 Servers (all the stuff you listed he can’t do)
  2. XboxLive for Multiplayer (all the stuff you listed he is able todo)

Lots of unknown variables
VPN? blocking per hosts, blocking per av/firewall, dns, ban, server offline, …

he can check for ban here
https://forzamotorsport.net/en-US/tool/banHistory

he can use tools like netlimiter or networktrafficview to see if game connects and gets data from fh5 servers

and
https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Hello,

Thanks for your answer! As you said on your message my friend does have an issue with the servers of Forza Horizon 5. The lastest update that got released tomorrow give to him a message who confirm that this is where the problem lies: “The Forza Horizon 5 server is not currently available. The Festival playlist is now using the Fallback series. Please try again later.”

We were hoping that the latest update would maybe solve something for him but apprently that’s not the case, at least I’m glad to know that the issue comes from the servers and not something else haha. There is something that my friend can do to fix his issue?
He already tried multiple things such as forcing the game to reconnect him on his x box profile on the game’s menu, reseting his firewall and his network, and he also repaired an issue on the x box network tab in the Windows 10 settings but none of them really worked

The message says “The Forza Horizon 5 server is not currently available.” not who’s fault it is.
If your friends pc is unable to connect to the server it shows same message. I can unplug my networkcable and it shows same messge but it’s 100% not the server than.

Back to the old questions
VPN? blocking per hosts, blocking per av/firewall, dns, ban?

and
he can use tools like netlimiter or networktrafficview to see if game connects and gets data from fh5 servers

Same here “The Forza Horizon 5 server is not currently available. The Festival playlist is now using the Fallback series. Please try again later.” No auction house either… can’t do Rivals or customs … everything was working until the patch 2 weeks ago. :frowning: