[PC] Forza Motorsport 7 Launch Issues [Fix]

Forza Racers

Since the release of Forza Motorsport 7 on the PC I have encountered numerous problems with the game not starting in Windows 10.
I am talking about the Forza 7 Splash screen appearing then disappearing
I have read bits of pieces of this forum and thought I would put together a quick guide to help you out.

Event Viewer

First of all, check your event viewer by typing in the start menu search box

Eventvwr.msc
Or
Event Viewer

In Event Viewer you need to do the following:

1. Expand Windows Logs
  2. Expand System Logs

You should see an Error entry as a DistributedCom and in the log you should have the report of:

Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.ApolloBaseGame_1.114.3624.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!forzamotorsport7 as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:
“317”
Happened while starting this command:
“C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ApolloBaseGame_1.114.3624.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaMotorsport7.exe” -ServerName:forzamotorsport7.AppXhg3ar1rc79h5svsr7cnv3r2f5jf1vzfk.mca

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Check Windows Store For Updates
  2. Check for Window Updates
  3. Check for Graphic Driver Updates
  4. Uninstall Forza 7 Hoonigan Pack [If Purchased]
    Search: Apps & Features in Start Menu
    Find Forza 7 and click advanced settings
    Uninstall Hoonigan Pack add on
  5. Whilst at the position in step 3 also reset Forza 7 Data
    This will cause a new sync with the Turn 10 Servers when you start the game again
  6. Reset Windows Store Cache
    Type: WSRESET in start menu
  7. Start to install a free app from the Windows Store and run Forza 7
    This is a bizarre step but it worked for me, you can uninstall the app later

Additional Steps: (Feedback from Others)
TBC

I hope this helps you out to get the game running again without the need to uninstall and reinstall an 100GB game download

REMEMBER TO REINSTALL YOUR HOONIGAN PACK IF APPLICABLE

Bump

There are so many bugs it would take an age to list all the fixes, but good luck if you try!
The problem with the game is more inherent in windows. There is a permissions problem which rears it’s head every time there’s an update of the game or windows, or both. Then the game doesn’t run and you have to redownload things to get it working again. It’s been like this since win 10 was in preview and despite reporting it repeatedly, they never addressed it. The windows store was built for closing things off, not for game dowloads, which only adds to the headache!
For now all we can do is keep threads like this going in the vain hope Microsoft will do something about it, and it might help someone!
Nice GT by the way!

Thanks Mitchy!

Just had to look up my old post here to get Forza working again after a few weeks off.
This is a joke, the last step got me working again