Opting Out From Gifts

Yeah, if I could opt out I would, but I don’t have all the cars yet so if I gotta delete a couple common dupes it’s no problem. Too bad gifting to New players seems to be broken, I select new players and the car never leaves my garage. At a certain point, only New players will gain anything from this. Kudos hunters will be seriously disappointed the longer this goes on and more people just start ignoring them. I deleted thousands of cars in FH5, FH5 won’t be no different
Personally, I’d be happy deleting cars if they would just get the headlights to work properly, but I digress, I’m probably asking too much of them.

1 Like

I would have recognised this problem as soon as someone thought of it in the PG team, the same with the bright tunnels. These ideas that aren’t caught at the beginning of their existence makes them more annoying. Yes we know the cars disappear if we don’t collect them… so what? We don’t want the gift, we don’t want the cars either.

1 Like

It would be nice to have the option to auction/gift/sell/delete the car straight after the thankyou message menu.

I’ve got every car, so don’t need any of these gifts, every now and again i sweep my garage of duplicates from gifts and online wheelspins.

1 Like

What if you didn’t even have to do this? What if you could only be gifted cars that weren’t already in your garage? What if the gift really seemed like a gift and not a chore?

4 Likes

I’d definitely support this. There are way too many menus to go through in this game, just as there were with FH4. Like having to go out of a property to look up what might be needed for a specific race, or accolade. Condensing down the UI to something that is a steaming pile of useless garbage should definitely be something to start working on. The Horizon games have always had some of the worst UI designs of any game I’ve ever played.

2 Likes

One thing that would be awesome, is gifts are playing by the same rules as wheelspins, we get the option to sell the car, if the player has the same car. Pretty easy to do.

I only gift FE and expensive cars to new players, all other cars i sell. I don’t see any reason why gift a low cost car, everybody has anyway.

The idea is cool, but as again, with most gameplay mechanics in this game, its badly designed.

The gifts should be stored somewhere, so if you want to avoid claiming that gift because you are doing something else, and claim it later you can. But you cant do that. Hilarious. Again, because its a half-baked rushed mechanic that the devs, again ignored completely once its “done”.
The options we get when claiming a gift are ridiculous. I cant sell the car right away, i cant gift the car back right away, etc.

If these two points could be “fixed” the gift system will improve considerably, and it will stop being an idiotic avoidable feature, as most of them in this game.

But sadly, since the devs seem to be doing all the efforts they can to infuriate players and make their lives playing the game more and more annoying, i dont think improvements in the gift system are going to be made, or any other place in the game for the matter.

Sometimes you receive a gift of a rare car that sells for a lot or is very hard to find. Then having a duplicate wouldnt seem like such a bad thing