Opinions on how to get the game

I preordered the ultimate edition as soon as possible, and I’m really glad I did. I know this might sound weird, but physical discs are too much work and they are really just physical keys as the games are downloaded unto the console. Rather be able to switch games on the fly without having to take out a disc or really getting off the couch.

1 Like

First time doing a download. Figured I wouldn’t trade the game in, so there’s little risk on my end.

I only spent $95.50 thanks to a few dollars I had in xbox live rewards. I’d suggest all of you to sign up. It isn’t much, but it’s better than nothing.

1 Like

+1 on the Xbox live rewards. Free to sign up and if you spend money on games, movies etc they give you money in your live account. Top notch stuff

I’d just get the ultimate edition if you can. You don’t need to buy anything else until the Porsche pack next year and im sure there will be a discount for that too like 4. I’ve never had the advantage to actually reap all the benefits from the vip until this game…so I decided to go all in and just pac man everything lol

no one knows the prices yet for the separate vip/pass/f &f but im fairly certain it will cost more after the game is out.

They’re here (at least for the US)
VIP $19,99 http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/dlc/forza-motorsport-6-vip-membership/123881
CarPass $29,99 http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/dlc/forza-motorsport-6-car-pass/123880

Oh wow, didn’t know they had separate prices yet! Good to know, thanks.
it is about 10 dollars more without the Fast pack

1 Like

Staying physical like all my other Forza’s, wanted the Ultimate edition really but didn’t fancy digital so once I have my game i’ll get the F&F pack and VIP pass (might as well be VIP like all the other forza games) but i’ll give the car pass a miss as I won’t get it with the game. Shame they don’t have the ultimate edition physically but it’s my own choice to get the physical copy like I have for every other Forza game.

1 Like

Just bought the Ultimate Edition
Im the same as a lot of other posters on this thread.Always had the physical copies but its time to move on and digital copies are the way of the future

Plus,i mean…all them extras and savings in the Ultimate edition and the fact we can play early is just to damn good!!!

You have given in to the dark side, ApprenticeSatan. :wink:

Sorry I’m brand new to Xbox One. Does anybody know if you download the digital version will you always need an internet connection to play the game? I have read that downloaded games need to be verified through internet on XBOX ONE to see if you actually own it or not. Even if you just want to play single player. I could be mistaken and this only happens when you try and play Games with Gold, the free games you get with Xbox Live subscription.

here ya go

“An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.”
Wish they would be perfectly clear about the downloadable versions. They do say you can play the downloadable copies offline like your other games but they don’t say if periodic check ins etc are required. If it is the same as the disc based copies why would they specify the disc based games only with their offline statement. If there really is no difference I think I would like to try the downloadable version but with a monthly Internet cap I would just like to know for sure.

Good question, I’d like to know that too. Would be a deal breaker for me if I had to sign in every time I wanted to play offline.

I’m not sure whether to go for the ultimate edition or a physical copy. The problem is I live in Irelands so if I go for a physical copy, I’ll have to wait eight days longer than if I got a digital copy.

FM6 will be my first non Games with Gold digital purchase. I figured I’d take the plunge and just start going digital. It’s a new era and a big step getting away from physical copies, but I can get used to it. I don’t have to go to the store on release day and wait in line to purchase my pre order. It’s already downloaded and it’ll be available as soon as possible. I went with the Ultimate edition. I wanted the VIP and car pass anyway, so why not. The early release is just a bonus for me.

I still haven’t decided what to do yet. I have every version of the game on disc with the limited/collectors edition where available (Forza 1- 5 and FH2) except FH1, as I was unsure if I’d like it but finally bought it as a digital download for only like $5. It really bums me out that no special retail version is being offered. I’m not a fan of digital downloads. The only plus is the convenience of not swapping games in the drive. Now if digital downloads were less expensive as they should be, then I’d be a little more willing. The fact they are the same price is a little unsettling with me. They make 100% profit on a digital copy. When you factor in authoring, manufacturing, packaging, artwork for packaging, distribution, selling wholesale to retailers, etc… There are a lot of associated costs eliminated when offering digitally. The other thing that gets me is eventually (after many years) these games will be eliminated from servers. What that means is that eventually the game you paid for digitally will no longer be able to be re-downloaded if for some reason need be. There are games that were available digitally on the X-Box 360 that are no longer there. So if my HD became corrupt and I had to purchase a new one, I’d never again be able to play those games I paid for. Your basically paying for the right to play the game, not to actually own it. That doesn’t sit well with me. Now if I could burn my own physical copy from the digital download I paid for, all would be well… Still unsure of what I’ll do…

Doesn’t sit well with me either.
In the end what I will probably do is buy the digital version (ultimate), and when the price of the physical disc will drop I will buy it also.
For 2 reasons:
-I don’t know if the VIP and Car Pass will be available in my country, at the same time the game will be released (I only see them sold separately on Gamestop US, for US accounts)
-I can’t get the physical disc when it gets released (personal issues to get the game…I live in China now)

I figure if your connection is good enough to download the game in the first place, it’ll be able to handle whatever verification it uses to confirm you still own the game.

Not that it would really need to mind, given how scarcely refunds are given over Xbox Live. Its very unlikely that you’d suddenly not have access to the game through your gamertag.

You would kind of figure, but I have to take the xbox one to the office for big downloads then use An Att wireless hotspot at home. Love living in the country but internet access does kinda suck. Still it’s fine most of the time until you hit your limit, that’s usually when I go back to playing offline.