Oh No! The Rotten Piñata - A fan fiction back story video

I’m pleased to announce posting my first fan fiction video for Horizon 5! The game is so immense that It took three months to get to this point.
In this video I fabricated a back story for the “Oh No” cactus piñata.

I know this is a significant departure from the Forza video clips that typically get posted. If you enjoy this sort of thing, please check out the Horizon 4 videos too. I think the “What’s on the Telly” series and the fake movie trailers came out best. I ended up using a lot of custom animation sequences in the later ones, but I still strive to utilize game content for as much it as I can. Hurling sheep at the Ambleside Harvest Festival Fair (#22) is still worth at least a chuckle. Don’t worry. No animals were harmed in the making of these videos.

By the way, I’m glad to see that the “festival zombies” from Horizon UK didn’t spread to Horizon Mexico. Way too creepy.
Enjoy!

1 Like

I really like this! Really loved the voice of the llama pinata and its well-timed “interruption” :rofl:

That said, and this is entirely a matter of personal taste–I prefer hearing actual human voices reading aloud from the script as opposed to the text-to-speech reader voice, particularly when it’s long-form content like this. Text-to-speech seems to be most effective in short, bite-sized videos (or for portions of a video, for example you could use it for the human character voices, and then voice the main pinata character yourself). However, I know that reading aloud the script yourself is not something everyone is comfortable doing, and it can definitely require a handful of takes to get it to sound the way you want to, especially since enunciation is not something most of us practice consciously.

Overall good editing work and hilarious premise!

Thank you for your comments. Your point about the text-to-speech reader voices is spot on and also my biggest disappointment with my work in this media. I completely agree with everything you said. And if I had access to a group of reasonably talented, but free actors, I’d prefer to do it that way. My Playground box truck video (posted separately on this forum) is the only one to date that used a real voice. It worked in that case because there were few characters with no direct interaction between them. Until I find a better way, hopefully folks can look past it. I promise it’s still better than me trying to do all the character voices myself.

1 Like