Nugsy 1's Designs

Amazing stuffs man, that astronaut looks stunning!!!

2 Likes

Saw some of your paints online! Very good work.

1 Like

Man, that space suit is madness. Planning some NASA or SpaceX design, are we? Maybe a JAXA Supra or GT-R?

1 Like

It’s been a while since I’ve been in here. Anyway, the latest Ferrari competition piqued my interest and got me at it again.

Check back here closer to competition time for the final version.
For now you can download this livery, as it is at : 627 108 929

6 Likes

Ah, yes. A very fitting design for the last “true” Ferrari. They’ve sent out some mad machines since he passed, but nothing like they used to. Especially seeing their new rebranding endeavor with whatever SUV they’re shoving out of the factory. The FF and other station wagon esque builds are great for what they are, but they dam sure ain’t racers.

Can’t speak on first hand terms, but I reckon Enzo would be ashamed if he saw what the company he built is doing now. Oh, how so much has changed in two decades. Yet, that car named after the racer himself still seems timeless and up to even modern-day design standards.

He may very well have been ashamed seeing SUVs and station wags with his badge on them, but he may very well appreciate the near photocopy level detail you’ve put into that design. Hell, maybe even in the same fashion he appreciated Pinin Farina and his own cars.

Lovely work.

1 Like

Thanks Bombervette. You’re right. It is timeless that Enzo.
Like Nigella Lawson (UK TV chef) - You just would.

Also I didn’t see your earlier space-suit comment until now.
No plans for a design with the astronaut.
It was a requested vinyl from the album " Faded Paper Figures: Relics" (not a fan).
I have put that design on a few things but TBH I have difficulty coming up with designs.
I can do vinyls and can copy designs no problem. Creating designs i.e. being artistic is where I need inspiration.

That makes two of us. Skilled in copying but fall behind in originality. XD

After seeing that space suit of yours, I got an inspiration bug and made a NASA-Winston livery for an IndyCar in FM7. Sort of space shuttle esque, but nothing too fantastic. Reckon if you were to make a design around that vinyl, a spacecraft of some sort would fit it best? Maybe a shuttle or even an X-1 or X-15? Showing the panel forms would take some time, but that’s time I can’t be bothered to allocate.

Dam good work you’ve got here, man. All of it. That Enzo decal is also a step above, ngl. Enzo himself didn’t appear to be fond of over-complicating designs, but that tribute livery isn’t littered with decals. He’d probably want more of the recognizable red on it, but be willing to pass that off given the Ferrari horse fade on the rear bumper is absolutely killer. His official signature on the doors is a nice touch as well, but I already know just by looking that it ain’t no stock Forza font. Takes forever to make high quality calligraphy in these games. Kudos. Dude, seriously, this is mad scientist level stuff.

1 Like

How might I get to see your NASA Winston livery?
[EDIT] I still have FM7 installed on the Xbox… I only remembered my disappointment that I couldn’t get it on PC.

I’ll upload it and post it to my gallery thread. Thought I had it on there, but evidently I never added it.

1 Like

There we go: https://i.imgur.com/36ycosz.jpg

I will have a think on the NASA design. Nice one. Though I always have several projects lined up that I just always seem to delay making start on. I forced myself to start on Enzo and got it done pretty quickly. I’m just a procrastinator, but NASA is on that list!

Doesn’t necessarily have to be specific to NASA unless you want it to be. Space suits are of pretty universal design. That’s why I inquired about a JAXA Nissan. You could make any aeronautical design with it. Biggest part to change would be the flag shoulder patch to match the origin country of either the racer(s) or car itself.

You’ve already got a wide variety of designs. I reckon something like that is well within reach. Especially given the attention to detail on each decal. Matrix characters, Ricky Bobby, Buddy Christ, D!ck Dastardly, that Welsh flag dragon, etc. That’s big league stuff, man.

In noting something like an X-1 or X-15, I don’t mean to advise something out of your own liking. Those are just ideas which had crossed my mind whilst putting together that NASA IndyCar. I know those aforementioned creativity gaps all too well. Given you’ve got that spacesuit decal, I figured I’d toss up the ideas I had for a similar livery based on the inspiration I got from that space suit decal of yours. You do you, though. I look forward to what you’ll be sharing in the future.

Rest assured that I genuinely apprecate your/any suggestions. Whether I act on them is down to my current laziness level. The astronaut is fairly wasted without a livery to back him up.

1 Like

“Whether I act on them is down to my current laziness level.”

Hah! Once again, that makes two of us! XD

Again, mad work. Bring us more! Do what you will, surprise us all. Hopefully in the same manner that Enzo livery did me.

Hey there folks. I’m looking for some feedback please.
I posted the Enzo Ferrari in the “Paint a Ferrari” contest as a work in progress…
Well I’ve progressed it - I think. I’ve made it a good deal more red, put a few decals on it …
What do you think please? Red or Black?

1 Like

Amazing paint. I’m no expert, but for me the red is better.

1 Like

I’ve nothing new to share as yet. I was just bumping my thread with a quick request.

Could you PLEASE take the time out to DROP A LIKE on any of my vinyls that you download?
You won’t be prompted to in-game so they’re hard to come by. Seeking those last elusive accolades. Thanks.

I should extend this request to cover vinyls and paints from all the other creators out there too.
Likes are much harder to come by than downloads or uses (now).

If searching for ‘NUGSY 1’ from within the “apply vinyls” section, do increase the max. layer limit as I may have used up to 3000 layers.

Please get in on this, where we help each other get these likes, uses etc.
Vinyl Usage Accolades

1 Like

Yeah, I usually use the creative hub, because the search can be fairly wonky. Creative hub is less of a moving target and helps me when I’m batch downloading/liking vinyl groups/liveries.

1 Like