No more Launch and Displacement Stats?

So far, loving FM6, good job guys. Although one small problem… where is the displacement specs in the toggle screen? I kind of need that for tuning the transmission. Thanks in advance .

3 Likes

Little things like that I hope they can patch in. A good friend of mine was never really into cars or racing until I got him involved in Forza. This game alone has taught him so much just from the stats the game let’s you view. It really did turn a gamer into a car guy. I hope we don’t stray to far from that.

I wonder if they fixed the aspiration glitch?

My casual guess is that as cars begin to leverage electric engines more, displacement becomes less relevant. Or, perhaps trying to factor electric vs combustion created a lot of work for devs, so they punted on it in favor of other things - like more tracks and more cars and all the various other things people are always asking for.

1 Like

The displacement data was in previous forza games on the same cars. It wouldn’t be hard to copy and paste numbers

Sucks when your boring out a motor and does not show displacement. Maybe T10 forgot to add those?

that’s rough, I never tune cars too lazy, but that’s a shame :frowning:

I hope displacement and launch stats are added back. In Forza 5 and now still with 6, they removed the torque and redline RPM numbers which were very useful. Now you have to make approximations on those numbers by looking at the graph. I don’t understand why these things have been removed. For a game billed as a game for car lovers, the lack of information on the cars is surprising, and for all the community driven content such as tunes, this to going to hurt tuning I think.

Please re-add this data. It’s surely baked into the game, you just have to make the numbers visible.

2 Likes

I hope they can bring it back.

I’m the kind of guy that download a lot of tunes and follow several people on this forum. But I really want to avoid putting a V8 in my Skyline. Call me old-fashioned.

I also wish the dash-speedo in my EK9 would read in kmh as it is supposed to, instead of mph.

1 Like

Me to, i dont see the displacement and i need that for the gear box, i dont understand why.

1 Like

Hey all,

Been loving the game so far bar a few issues.

Does any one else have this issue where you can’t see the engine displacement anywhere other than when you do the conversions?

Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyone know where the displacement specs in the tuning section went?? I can’t find where it tells you what the new displacement is when you modify it.

I’m glad I’m not going crazy. I thought it was just in a real small font somewhere I could read. I even tried Foravista to find the stats. It’s making it difficult to build & tune a car right.

1 Like

This is annoying to not have it included, makes no sense whatsoever for it not to be.

While I knew the launch and displacement were removed it was not an issue for me until now. I don’t put a lot of faith in launch cause although it shows a lowered launch stat in FM5 gear tuning with full race tranny got me off the line quicker. The missing displacement is a pain though. I can get it for some cars in Forzavista but, not all. I am tuning a Nismo 400R setup on the 1997 Nissan Skyline to go with my shabby paint scheme. There is no adjustable aero on the original car so I am going without. Thus, proper gearing is even more important. I can’t get this stat because its not available for this car in Forzavista. While I can make it better it won’t be optimal without knowing this.

Please bring the displacement back to menus so we can view it for all cars and not just some. I’ll probably send an email on this one.

Thx T10.

This is a total bummer. Because the tuner app that I use has gearing settings and displacement makes a significant difference on how the car is geared. I can look up some of the displacements for standard cars but not the often not the race cars and even with that if I do upgrades to the engine block that throws that off. Not sure why they removed this unless it’s just another one of those ,“only a few of you guys really care about this, let’s just put the stuff for the average Joes in.”

That is pretty crazy. First the detail menu, now basic info?

I see people are referencing the gear tuning section of ForzaTune. If T10 does not add the info I have a way to work around it for ForzaTune 6, which we are working on now and should be out before the end of the month.

3 Likes

Make sure you guys tweet @forzamotorsport all your concerns.

1 Like

I sent my tweet to them. Hope they see it and take it into consideration.

2 Likes

Because they ignore their own forums right?