Nighttime duration only for demo??

What Zeem said. Nothing will change, also called ignorance.

Repeating the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

Some might say that stating opinions as if they are facts is ignorant. You don’t know what the full game will be like - don’t make assumptions.

Full game is only two weeks away guys. This is a demo. Tug on your pull-up pants. Put the pacifier back in your mouth. …and wait it out.

I’m sure you’ll all find plenty to whine about once the full game is out.

1 Like

that’s why nothing will change

1 Like

No. That’s why you think nothing will change.

Think about how much gaming has changed in the last year. Think about how much more quickly updates are being released and games are being patched. The ability to deliver updates and the pace with which those updates are released has dramatically increased over the past few years in the console gaming industry. To flat out say the demo shows how it will be and it will never be changed is an ignorant stance to take.

For the record - I’m not opposed to the comments and suggestions that anyone has made in this thread regarding the best ways to implement day/night cycles. I am opposed to people stating things as fact when they don’t know and I’m also opposed to the general whiney tone that comes across through most people posting in this thread.

Yes - day/night cycles could/should be better than what’s been shown in the demo. But let’s hold out a little hope that what we’re seeing in the demo is just a taste and that what we see in the full game will be closer to everyone’s expectations. Certainly we can post our comments with that attitude and still get our point across to the developers and anyone else who might be reading.

I’m sorry, i stopped believing in fairytales when i was 6 or 7. Where are all the patches that will fix the many faults in Forza 5? Oh right, they never came.

4 Likes

Umm… Change in car prices, reward money, dlc cars are free ingame, regularly changing lobbies, you don’t try hard do you?

1 Like

[/quote]

Umm… Change in car prices, reward money, dlc cars are free ingame, regularly changing lobbies, you don’t try hard do you?

[/quote]

Euhm non of those changes did anything to how the game plays. If anything they made the game worse. (30million and nothing to spend it on)

I’ll make all the assumptions I like, thank you very much. Given that the day-night cycle in the Horizon 1 demo is the same speed as the day-night cycle in the Horizon 1 final game is the same speed as the day-night cycle in the Horizon 2 demo, it’s a pretty damn safe assumption to make that this won’t change in the final game.

3 Likes

As long as you’re stating it as an assumption - I think that’s fine.

Some people say this: “The day/night cycle will be the same in the full game as it is in the demo”.

Other people say this: “Based on Horizon 1 demo and full game (where the day/night cycle didn’t change from the demo to the full game) it’s pretty safe to assume that the day/night cycle in Horizon 2 will be the same as it is in the demo”.

There is a BIG difference in those two statements.

1 Like

Nobody who posts like this is in any position to be talking down to people about their forum etiquette.

3 Likes

I must admit I was a bit disappointed with the effect the rain had on the handling. Seemed very little. Having said that we could only drive AWD cars in the rain in the demo so maybe it will be more pronounced on RWD cars. Also don’t know which tyres are on the cars in the demo.

The transaction from day to night and reverse is way to fast, as said with horizon 1 night being 2 mins long was just daft, I was hoping this time round for it to be user controlled or at very least for night to come in and go out slowly.

I really don’t understand why PG have such a short night span, it’s not as if it gets all that dark anyways, I mean I’ve driven parts of southern Europe and the country roads that are unlighted ( most are un lit) are black not so ingame.

And you can’t put it down to the rain as as much as it looks good it has very little affect on driving physics in game.

2 Likes

Night makes this game shine. The cities look so nice with all the lights and something about cruising in the dark. I really hope they add some kind of option to increase nighttime.

It’s also a really weird effect when the sun comes up. The lighting doesn’t get smooth at all. It’s in flickering steps, come on it’s 2014. Even GTA IV had a smooth sunrise.

It does it when the sun is going down as well. In fact it does it constantly. If you park up and look at the shadows they move in small steps as the sun moves. Personally I don’t have an issue with it as it’s not noticeable when you’re moving.

Iv been playing demo since it was out and i didnt notice. Iv enjoyed the demo and will continue to do so till full release.

1 Like

I don’t understand why it would be this way after this new so-called 24 hour clock has been one of their ways of advertising the game. So I guess it’s 22 hours of sunlight and 2 hours of darkness!?

3 Likes

Why would someone not want to have a choice for time of day or even choice of weather? Seriously this is a big game breaker (or whatever it’s called) if it’s not in the full game.

2 Likes

I can’t say much but a couple of my game review buddys said the day/night cycle is much better in the full game. Apparently its only like that for the demo, just like it’s constantly raining in the demo.