New to the series--quick question

Let me just step right in here and clear this up for you.

1. Drivatars are not in FM1. There is a difference between simple AI and AI that learns from players, however small that may be.
2. Turn 10 are the creators of Forza as a franchise. Microsoft owns them, sure, but they do have creative control over the series as a whole.
3. No-one said T10 owned Playground at all. All they said was that they have creative input in anything Forza-related. This includes any Horizon game. Meaning T10 does, in fact, watch over Playground but they don’t control them.
4. I doubt they’d have Playground replace T10 if they were to ‘strike’ (Not that they would. Turn 10 is a staple developer for Microsoft. I’m pretty sure they look after them.), they’d just hire more devs to work under the T10 studio.
5. This is just me nitpicking, but the game would be Forza Horizon 3, not Forza Motorsport 7.

Perhaps you’d want to check your info next time you want to spout nonsense?

THIS^^^

While I’ve done sim racing in the past (Starting with Forza) I’m coming back to the series with 6 and I think you’ve gotten some good recommendations on learning to race in Forza (some of these I’ll be doing for sure) I’d like to add this youtube playlist Surviving Rookies, pt. 1 - YouTube
While it was done for iRacing (which is strictly on-line) the ideas presented here are good recommendations to starting racing in Forza on-line as well. The key while you’re learning is focus on clean laps and avoiding wrecks…speed will come. MoneyMan300 MoneyMan300 - YouTube also has a ton of good forza information so I’d recommend his channel as well.
One other thing. I definitely agree with the recommendation to get a wheel with pedals…I got the Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Wheel which is about $100 US and is Xbox only. If your budget permits you might want to get a wheel that also works with PC but they’re more pricey. Note that this model doesn’t have a clutch pedal (just gas and brake) or a stick shift that you’ll find in more expensive models.