New Monthly Hopper coming today at 4:00 pm (pst)

So i played the “new” multi class hopper and i am so happy it’s back.

But i have a couple of issues with it that i’d like to mention for maybe perhaps a quick fix or patch in the future? If you have anything to add then please do so :slight_smile:

1. Starting Grid.
    As it is now, the grid is in A,B,C,S starting order.(correct me if i am wrong :smiley: I think this is a big problem because some people are not patient enough and most times the S class drivers will cause a big pileup in the start. I’d suggest putting the S class cars in front and then A,B,C in that order. OR make a 5 second delay start like it was in FM5.

2.Names.
People don’t have a color or number next to their names so it it very difficult to see in which class a person is in. It’s easier to see what the S class cars are but if i am for example racing in A class and i have a B class car in front of me, i will not know exactly in what class he is in and it will be troublesome to determine their speed. I’ve taken out multiple people because of this and i am incredibly sorry if i ruined someones race.

1. Not enough time to finish the race.
    When the first S class cars crosses the finish line then there will be a 1 minute countdown before the race ends. Often times when i’ve been in C class i never made it to the end. In Fm5 i belive that the countdown started when at least 1 from each class crossed the line.

I love that this hopper is back, but please look into these issues and maybe make it even better! :smiley:
Cheers.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I can look at reordering the grid. I bumped the end race timer to 60. I can make longer but what would you suggest?

And no to the other post the grid is not random. It’s ordered by class.

1 Like

Thanks to all at Turn 10 who brought back multi-class, Triton! Good stuff. The only lobby that motivates me enough to play Multiplayer consistently.

Here’s some feedback:

• I noticed that the C class division doesn’t have a chance to cross the finish line (as others have stated). Idea: reduce the end-race timer to 45 seconds and wait for the first C-class car to cross the line.

• Multiple times where “rocket lag” came into play. Although, I would imagine that’s an on-going issue due to everyone’s connection speed. Haven’t seen it that bad in awhile. I’ve been lag-passing multiple cars during the evening.

• When sorting by class (ex: selecting b class when searching for a car), the menu gets stuck and won’t go over to my cars in that class.

• Game seems to default to my '70 FF charger every time A class is selected. Needless to say, I accidently started with it on Alps when I took a quick break. That wasn’t so good. Can we get the game to remember the last C,B,A or S class car we used in the lobby (if we stay in the lobby)?

A few side notes:

• Nice to see the option of SUV’s and trucks back. Although, I’m reminded never to use them. After all, I must be a crasher and therefore everyone must gang up on me and send my truck flying.

• I think that Turn 10’s own PET needs to get in these lobbies. Although, they may have a hard time listing all the deliberate crashers. Man…it’s really bad in there these days.

• I am absolutely, totally, utterly, completely…amazed, perplexed, stunned, shocked, at how many people can-NOT drive their cars in multi-class. I feel like someone in front of me was saying: “heh…look!. There’s a concrete wall on Rio I must run into! I must be able to go straight through it with my Muscle car! Nope…darn I’ll hit the wall straight on, spin out and take the guy beside me out (that would be me)!” REALLY!!!. Wow…just…wow facepalm.

• Of course, I haven’t been accused of “cheating”…yet…because I’m a full 2 seconds faster in my C class car than everyone in B class. So I guess that’s good news. lol

Need help figuring that out…lol. Kidding. No roll off delay…interesting.

The racing in the ABC’s is great, and I’m glad its returned to F6. One problem I came across is with the vehicles that were prohibited before in online.

I can see players driving Hummers, Gurkhas (not to mention I ran into one in a lobby), and other cars considered “weapons”. Has T10 lifted these restrictions to make any car drivable in this playlist?

It would make sense to have the fastest cars at the front of the grid - imagine Le Mans if all the P1s had to start at the back! Just encourages morons to block, and they don’t need any more encouragement.

1 Like

thanks Triton! will try it out this weekend :slight_smile:

AudibleJam, you always have been fast so that really does not surprise me. I have used some of your tunes in the past and they are fast! I am not as capable as you running them as fast as you but they are no doubt fast.

Heh, thanks Man! Wow…high praise for an average tuner. ha ha. My heads getting big. lol

OT: I was in the lobby again last night. Much better format now, Triton. Great stuff. Still a crasher-fest but great stuff. Very fun set-up. Nice to see it back.

1 Like

Sounds fun, I might give it a try. How about a fixed timer to complete the race instead of a fixed mount of laps?

Made some updates this morning.

• Reordered the Starting grid groups from fastest to slowest
  • Each group will have a roll off delay
  • Extended the end of race timer further
  • Enforced the blacklist in the other groups

I know this can turn into being a popular hopper so please keep the feedback coming. Happy to try and tweak what I can.

-Triton

6 Likes

You might want to reverse your order, the thrill of ABCS was that he slower cars got off on the head start, then the faster cars had to get through the pack. Having them be first it’s just a runaway, for the faster cars and knowing how short you like your lap counts it’s probably not making for a lot of interaction between the classes. There was nothing more scary then cruising in your C class then seeing the S class barreling down on you…but you know best.

1 Like

I kind of agree with this too. I can see it becoming more of just a 4-5 car race then having the different classes be interacting with each other since the races are so short and not much of a chance to lap the slower cars.

Also +1 on some kind of color code or something to quickly identify the car classes on track.

I played several races last night though, was fun.

Edit: That was quick. :smiley:

RBW Tritan,
Thanks so much for doing all you are to make our racing expierience so much more enjoyable. I am sure I am not alone with this as well, you ROCK!

2 Likes

Thanks Triton! Good work as always.

MUH ABCS!

TRITON IS LOVE. TRITON IS LIFE

No but seriously that’s brilliant, I’ll be hopping on later once I’m over the crushing disappointment of getting through the working day.
Thanks T10 <3

I have had a great time playing and watching some of these races! It always interests me to see what car/type/class/driver will seem to (for lack of a better term) outclass other cars. On a given track & track conditions. I have watched B Class cars race very close with S Class cars in the rain!! It was excellent fun.

IMHO this is what makes the spectator mode a great thing. And yes to someone else’s point earlier along in this thread it would be helpful to have a color designation for each drivers car in the race.
Not so much for spectator mode but, for when you are racing. I can sometimes remember who has what but, it is always the one that scares the crap out of you that you forget.

I never have ran into Ovals yet but, as much as I love them please do not put them in this hopper. People have a hard enough time running in a fixed line with the same class of cars. Let alone being either Dart’s with no feathers in a S class car or moving chicanes in a C class car.

I second this. I did an oval race tonight in A. While the actual race was fun, at the end my AI was knocking all of the slower class cars that were still racing out of the way.

Definately something to consider and noted. I think 1st corner heroics make that scary and frustrating. But as our new player base learns to race multiclass it is something to go back to.

Ok… more tweaks

The roll off wasn’t entirely working correctly, should be fixed now.
Inverted grid order and made the roll off longer.

2 Likes