New Fanatec Cross-platform Wheel

Looks like a lovely base. Not that the V1 was junk by any means. No compatibility for consoles yet, and if/when it comes it will be at an additional cost … so, yeah … very expensive. One of these with that lovely new Porsche rim just for PC would set me back around $1000 AUD without pedals or shifter.

Yeah. Any Console solution is going to be pricey where the CSW-V2 is concerned, but it seems that some of this wheel’s tech could make it’s way to more cost effective products. I doubt Fanatec is ignoring the lower end of the market. Maybe they have some on going negotiations to finalize before they can make an announcement?

Sigh.
Is this limited run?

Not limited but loyalty customers get first pick before it will go to the general public but that could be a while…

Waiting for my invite as a loyal customer…

Everything about the wheel sounds good. Only problem is the price. It’s way too expensive. Also not a fan of waiting until probably sometime in 2015 to get the wheel that I can use with the Xbox One.

1 Like

That $500 is just for the base only though.

This wheel is intended to be the top of the line (or halo) product for Fanatec (well for the time being). It’s not intended for someone who’s looking for a reasonably priced wheel. There seems to be hints in the reveal post that Fanatec will utilize some of the features and technology from this wheel on a lower cost wheel. Whether or not that product is compatible with the XB1 or PS4 appears to be under discussion. If the sticker shock is putting you off, just wait. I seriously doubt Fanatec isn’t going to make a moderatly priced wheel for the XB1 if they are successful with any potential negotiations with the console manufacturers.

After a very long hiatus from these forums, I decided (whilst a bit bored TBH) to revisit and see if anything could pique my interest in gaming once more. Like many others, my enthusiasm started to wane somewhat during the slightly bungled and awkward announcement and subsequent launch of the new gen consoles. So far, I haven’t yet taken the leap, one of the reasons being the inability to use my CSR (and yes, I know no promises were made when I first bought in to Fanatec, but in this age of technological revolution I ‘hoped’ a solution could be found).

Its nice to discover this thread and see some names I recognise. Savourys original ‘Fanatec’ thread helped me out on numerous occasions, so for that I thank you.

So, this V2 Clubsport base then-very, very interesting news (potentially, at least). Could this really be the single wheel solution I have been waiting for? I certainly hope so.

Am I right in thinking only the following has been confirmed so far: PC & PS3 straight away, with PS4 and XB1 to follow (albeit with additional rims, especially XB1)?

How about compatibility with the 360? I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere, so am presuming its a ‘no’?? Anyone think differently? Theoretically, shouldn’t it be relatively straightforward to add 360 support, whether through USB or wireless?

Also, does anyone have any idea of timeframes with regard to console compatibility? I read that Fanatec have signed a deal with a console manufacturer, but this won’t be revealed until late this year.

This thread is now tagged with much anticipation (and more than a little excitement).

PS Sorry for the rambling intro and post, but I have been drinking Cider…

Never be sorr yfor a post, For someone that’s een drinking cider you have done mighty fine. So far i’ve had a bottl eof red and 6 carlindg abd i honestly wish my writing was as good as your cider writing.

Hopehullty fanatec can get this out in time for5 pcars and ms doint stant in theier way!

1 Like

Shawn Cole at The Sim Pit reviews the Clubsport wheel base V2.

Preview by Barry Roland at Sim Racing Garage.

1 Like

I check on Fanatec only every once in a while, so when I saw this on their site today I was stoked! It will likely be compatible with both new consoles eventually, and since I’ve started getting into PC titles lately (built myself a new PC), I think this will be a worthwhile upgrade from my Elite. I’ve been wanting a wheel with interchangeable rims anyway.

Thanks for the rapid-response topic, Savoury. I’ll keep checking back for more updates from you.

BTW, U Reds, it’s unlikely this would ever be compatible with the 360. It might be possible to put that compatibility into a rim, but I don’t there would be a big enough market for an “antiquated” device.

The way any FFB wheel has to connect to the 360 is 99% of the reason why it’s most likely not going to happen.

As it turns out, I’m one of the privileged ones. Got the email today. Should be hearing more in the next “weeks or months” o.0 about the code. Wasn’t looking to jump in so soon :neutral_face:

I got the email too. Didn’t intend to get the wheel so was probably going to give the code away, but they’ve been smart and are linking it to our accounts (won’t be sending the code via email -it will be directly put on our Fanatec account). The next email we get from them will be telling us when it’s available.

I only bought a CSR and an additional pedal cable from Fanatec, and I got the Email notification as well. Too bad I wasn’t planning on upgrading the wheel yet.

I think every previous customer, no matter how small their purchase, is being given the same treatment. Which is nice. It’s then up to us to fight over the first pre-order delivery slots. Which is fun.

OK… Fanatec use MS Paint to put a green ‘A’ on a picture of a button… hopefully development is a wee bit further on than that!

Knowing Fanatec, that image just means they just called Microsoft to arrange a meeting to discuss Xbox One compatibility. While they were on hold, they created that image and posted it to Face Book. It basically means that we shouldn’t expect anything until 2017, one year before Microsoft replaces the Xbox One with a new system that uses a new and proprietary Bluetooth connection for FFB wheels.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I am kidding. Fanatec stopped announcing products when the product was still in planning. But knowing how consumers were peeved about the long wait for the CSS for instance, I couldn’t help but poke fun at this. I am sure the wheel rim they are hinting at is probably functional and ready for production, they just did not put the actual button designations on it yet.

And it looks like the center button on top of the Universal wheel Hub.

http://www.fanatec.com/image/cache/data/wheels/CSW-RUH/CSW-RUH_big_03-1000x666.png

Official announcement -

"Fanatec products on Xbox One
Landshut, Germany – 3.10.2014 – This is the announcement many people have been waiting for and we are happy to announce that Endor AG (the company behind the brand Fanatec) and Microsoft Corp. have closed a license agreement to make racing peripherals for the Xbox One.
Fanatec plans to release a broad line up of racing wheels which will fit all kind of racing styles and different budgets.
Xbox One brings the latest in innovation and power to the development of racing peripherals giving fans of Fanatec products the opportunity to play the newest Xbox One titles with full support and integration.
Available soon, fans will be able to enable Xbox One compatibility on their current Fanatec wheels by simply attaching them to a Fanatec wheel base, making their whole system compatible to Xbox One. Additional details and features will be announced soon.
Additional Fanatec peripherals like pedals, shifters or handbrakes that were purchased with an Xbox 360 will also be compatible with Xbox One. The modular configuration system in the Fanatec webshop allows you to purchase only the components you need.
Thomas Jackermeier, CEO of Endor/Fanatec: “I am very excited to announce this partnership as we have been working with Microsoft behind the scenes on new and exciting products. Xbox One and “Forza Motorsport” will continue to be a landmark of ultra-realistic racing simulations on any gaming console and we look forward to bringing this realism to a whole new level for our fans.”

Redirecting..."