Nettrom's videos and miscellany [Horizon 3 community bucket list item added Nov 10, 2016]

Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for tuning in!

I put together some videos now and then, mostly of things happening that I find funny. Sometimes I do other things too, below you’ll also find info about some testing I did with the Road Atlanta 100 endurance race in Forza Motorsport 6. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions, thanks for watching!

Horizon 3 videos:

• NEW VIDEO Drifter Wagon – Community Bucket List Item No. 1, taking the Woodie Wagon for a 3:30 long drift session starting from the Silver Sands roundabout. Can you score 64 great drifts and complete the challenge?
  • Woodie Wagon D-drift, where I’m trying to unlock the “Underdog” achievement in my D-class wagon. Doesn’t work since you do need a C-class car for the achievement, but I had so much fun in the Wagon that I don’t care.
  • I’ve made a playlist of all 30 bucket list items in Horizon 3. The description of each video says more about how I approach each one to successfully beat it. Feel free to get in touch with questions about any of them, I’d be happy to help you out!
  • Ariel Nomad U-turn shows off how you can get creative when you need to turn that car around.

Elite!:

Elite! is a series of typically short videos where racers in the elite league show off their elite driving skills. Or lack thereof. Mostly the latter. Including my own.

Episode 1 – Rally cars at Nürburgring GP, rejoining the track has never gone better!
Episode 2 – Modern GT cars in Rio, we get off to a great start!
Episode 3 – Only six cars in Rio, can we race nice and clean? Of course not!
Episode 4 – Executive heavyweights on Road Atlanta, that track has a real tricky straight!
Episode 5 – 70’s GP cars getting off to another fantastic start!
Episode 6 – Ultimate Grand Tourers tackle La Source at Spa, and succeed! But then…
Episode 7 – Exotic Grand Tourers struggling to keep it straight at Sebring!
Episode 8 – Turn 1 at the short COTA layout isn’t easy in a sports compact.
Episode 9 – Back at Spa, we show off what we’ve learned! Or not learned…

A playlist with all the episodes is also available.

Forza Motorsport 6: Full race replays:/b]
- Brands Hatch league race – A fantastically close and clean race, my Lamborghini Aventador trying to best two Ferrari 599 GTOs.
- Playing catchup at Bathurst – Halfway through the first lap I crash and drop to last (17th) place, but never give up!
- Modern GT league race replay, Alps circuit – A nice and clean race where a fellow driver and I try to chase down 2nd.
Miscellaneous Shorter Videos:
- V8 Supercar vault – My V8 Supercar might be inspired by the Olympics, as it vaulted over the flag booth at Lime Rock.
- Trucking side-by-side – Raceboy77 and Shadowchaser36 go toe-to-toe around Brands Hatch in the rain, seen from the best seat in the house!
- C-class FWD save FTW – Close battle w/2nd in C-class, but will the faster classes ruin it?
- Final 3 laps of the Daytona 300 showcase – Enjoying the wonderful cockpit view of the Audi R15++ in tight battles with more recent LMP cars, while moving through the GT field.
- Crash properly – Picked up Horizon 2 again. If you crash, might as well do it properly!
- Wrecker fail in the rain – On Sebring Club I found some racers waiting… and failing!
- Falling through the floor – In Horizon 2,I found a hole in the ground.
- Elise vs Limo – Someone brought their souped up limo to the hopper, can I pass it?
- Flipped – As we navigate the boot at Watkins Glen, when all of a sudden…
Miscellany:
There are several GT-class endurance races in the game where pitstop(s) for fuel will be necessary if you race with simulation damage. I raced all available cars on Road Atlanta until they ran out of fuel and report on how long they last, as well as how their tyres were doing at that point, and wrote it up in this spreadsheet: Forza 6 Endurance races fuel and tire wear - Google Sheets You should be able to apply those results to other tracks as well (for instance, I did the Nürburgring 125 in the Dodge Viper and pitted once at the end of lap 4).
In short: the Audi R8 and Ferrari 458 ran out of gas before the halfway point, all others get at least a couple of laps beyond the halfway point. Tyre wear is usually in the 30-40% range when it’s time to pit. YMMV.

1 Like

The 5th episode of the Elite! series is out, and we show off our elite skills at clean starts again!

It’s been a great week in the Ultimate Grand Tourers league, and I am happy to announce that Elite! Episode 6 is out, continuing our elite driving skills show-off!

The Ultimate Grand Tourer league had many competitive cars and good races, one captured in today’s added video, a close 4-lapper around Brands Hatch. Can my Lamborghini Aventador take home the win? You’ll have to watch to find out!

Elite! episode 7 is out, where keeping it straight at Sebring is a serious struggle!

Elite! episode 8 is out. We try to go cleanly through turn 1 at the short COTA layout and fail spectacularly!

Elite! episode 9 is out! We return to Spa and show off how much we’ve learned since last time. Or not?

Added five videos that were up on YT but not listed here as well:

• V8 Supercar vault – My V8 Supercar might be inspired by the Olympics, as it vaulted over the flag booth at Lime Rock.
  • Trucking side-by-side – Raceboy77 and Shadowchaser36 go toe-to-toe around Brands Hatch in the rain, seen from the best seat in the house!
  • C-class FWD save FTW – Close battle w/2nd in C-class, but will the faster classes ruin it?
  • Final 3 laps of the Daytona 300 showcase – Enjoying the wonderful cockpit view of the Audi R15++ in tight battles with more recent LMP cars, while moving through the GT field.
  • Crash properly – Picked up Horizon 2 again. If you crash, might as well do it properly!

Added several videos from Horizon 3, there’s a playlist with all 30 bucket list items, and a fun short video of a creative U-turn in the Ariel Nomad.

Added Woodie Wagon D-drift video, where I fail to unlock the Underdog achievement, but have much fun grabbing three stars in a drift zone!

Hey nettrom, I actually watch your vids on youtube but never knew you were a fellow fm.net member.

Your vid with Bucket Lists #23 helped me complete my Bucket Lists Achievement two days ago.

Thanks for taking time to post your vids and tuts, it’s appreciated.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for your kind words and for watching my videos! I don’t post here very often, but stop by pretty regularly to get an idea about what goes on in the world of Forza, and to help out if I can. Hadn’t thought that someone might see some of my stuff on YT first and then see me here, great to see that happening.

Also great to hear that my bucket list videos were helpful, that’s what I was hoping for, congrats on completing them all!

Created a Community Bucket List item at the Silver Sands roundabout where you have to score 64 great drifts in 3:30 and make it to the house in my D-class tuned Ford Woodie Wagon, and here’s the video of me completing it.