NEONS

Have you seen the track list?

Also I don’t see what’s wrong with The Fast & the Furious or Pimp My Ride, such car culture should be more than welcome in Horizon. Whatever kind of car you like, whether it be a supercar, American muscle or even a classic race car, it is someone’s idea of a nouveau riche hooligan eyesore. One would hope the Forza community would be above such nonsense and celebrate all car culture.

4 Likes

Early FnF is associated with ricers, and PmR with donks. They focus on heavy modifications that many here doesn’t like.

I understand that. What I’m saying is that the anti-FnF-PMR attitude is hypocritical and not very ‘Forza’. Just look at the liveries and tuning options available in Forza games, how could they not appeal to the FnF set? Given the car selection and options for customizing them there’s something for anyone who remotely likes cars in a Forza game.

Agreed. If you bolt neons, an exaggerated body kit, and 200 unnecessary scoops to your car, maybe even “stance” it, it matters not-a-whit if I, or anyone else thinks it looks silly.

If YOU -the creator of this car- think it looks badass… THAT’S what matters.

The road is a BIG place, there’s room for everyone (and their cars).

B Wald

That would actually be alright, by me. Like, if you choose to add nitrous then some maximum-upgrade options are removed.

That’s one of the reasons why I love stance culture: not everyone personally likes the “form over function” mentality, and not everyone there is passionate enough about cars to spend more time on the inner workings than just on the look of the car, but they all respect whatever work goes into a car.

We’re going back and forth about neons now but if they were implemented in the game I doubt anyone with a negative opinion right now would care one bit that they were there.

Nail on head.

1 Like

Game. Set. Match. I mean, we’re talking about the same game that lets you paint a Ferrari pink with My Little Ponies and Barbie dolls adorning every side. All this fuss over a bit of glow under the car…

2 Likes

You own property in Forza Horizon? Where do I sign up?

1 Like

Neons are a bit 1990’s, I dont see them being in games until they are back in fashion. So no they wont be in Horizon.

PLZ, Illinois Ban NEON lights on the bottom of the cars so if you even see them on a daily bases it is really rare for me lol

Being one who lives in IL, I can tell you, they have been illegal for years already.

although NOS would be cool in a street racing game like aka FH2, dont get me wrong but it is a arcade game than motorsport.

Some of us actually like some realism in our ‘video games’ that’s why we buy Forza.

2 Likes

Forza Horizon is realism? Please explain.

Just to clarify: I am entirely against the integration of vehicular neon lighting or any of the other extravagant accessories that do little to add to the racing element of the game; but, this oddly continuous “realism” commentary is baffling considering the gaming title that this forum is based on. So, instead of using “realism” as the flawed disguise of your arguments, how about an honest and flat out “no, I do not like neon lighting on cars”.

1 Like

I personally would not use the neon lighting on my cars but in real world street racing some people do use it.

I don’t find it odd that others talk about realism in the game especially on the Motorsport side of things. As far as Horizon goes I want to see the cars look and handle as close to the real thing as possible, as well as any other aspects they can throw at us such as the new weather engine.

1 Like

I’ve seen NoS employed realistically (can’t remember the game ATM). You hit the switch, and the car goes faster, maybe some wheelspin.

No sparks/coloured flames from the exhaust, no blur or screenshake, no “boom” or “zapp” sound. Just more POWER!

Executed THIS way, I’d have no problems with NoS in Forza Horizon.

1 Like

it was grand trisumo 4 i believe if i remember correctly and i think it was for ps2, it was pretty nice didnt really add a whole lot but enough that it made somewhat of a difference. but i bet with tuning it could be better thats when you would adjust your jet size forget which game did that size vs duration type of slide, had to refill the bottle after each race though. dont remember if it added wheel spin though.
i think it would be nice to see it in h2, but having that regen nos by doing stunts or etc. really sucks. thats the cheaters nos…

now neons well thats a 2 way street for me, on a import they look ok but on a classic, muscle, exotic um not so much,

To add onto this, why don’t y’all check out This Lexus. Since the drift community in Forza is colossal, Nitrous systems like the one in the aforementioned Lexus would probably grow popular quickly and would be extremely fun in my opinion.

While I don’t see the appeal of neons, I wouldn’t mind if they were added simply because I would ignore them.

Stop saying NOS. It is called Nitrous Oxide. NOS is a brand of Nitrous. It’s like saying every soda is called Pepsi.

4 Likes

Sorry to ruin your whole day like that, homie.

• drinks a Pepsi, wipes nose with Kleenex *