Need Drifting Advice…

I used the Free Play Dubai Full Track selection as it is over 3 miles with a lot of bends and wiggles to get a drift going. Make sure you have Drift sellected in Free Play options set time to 8 minutes. It should only take about 4 to 5 mins to do 1 lap but keep going to the end. Drifts were keep small, about 750 to 2000 points as I am not capable of big scores. The big bends should score you more than a 1000 points with ease. 1 lap gave me a total of 16,500 points. That, after another race, set me up for the next stage.
I loath drifting with a passion so if I can manage it then the OP should after a few attempts.
I used a Porsche by the way.

I used the prague track
As bad at drifting as i am i easily could get 20000 each lap
Its quite a wide track too in most corners

I struggle with drifting. For the Forzathon challenge, I tried Dubai, Maple Valley and Homestead without much success.

Looked at a few videos etc and tried Prague. Still found it a bit difficult. I think I did some reasonable drifts but either went off track or hit something or for a brief second was not facing forward and the points weren’t added to my score for the lap.

However I was getting higher scores with Prague and eventually got it and both cars.

I’ve now ditched the xbox tracker in favor of the Forzathon progress bars, which now make more sense to me, and I always choose next event and load it in before I check progress and quit. Slight delay on the Speedster.

This guy gets 38,035 points at Prague and his recommended tune (Creator Son ALA) for the 1989 Porsche 944 Turbo works well.

I am with Bernie and Alan on this one. I used Dubai after trying Homestead as two corners are just not enough for me to rack up a 15000 drift score. I used the Porsche spider and tried for over a hour on Homestead and then changed to Dubai after having a look at the forums and scored 18500 on my second lap. The spider works well with TCS and STM turned off and the 4wd just helps to keep the car controllable.

2 Likes

Don’t start your drift at 150mph.

Start around 75mph which will be 2nd or 3rd gear and use some throttle input to keep a drift. Just do a baby one where you swerve side to side to get the tail out. Then you can try ebrake later on.

I used a homologated 2018 Porsche with no tune at Silverstone GP. I got 18k with multiple 2-3 thousand point drifts lost due to going off course.

Doin it at the ring is sketch. Very narrow and lots of elevation issues with some turns. Silverstone is flat with wider corners. Only took me 1 lap.

1 Like

Just gave up on the Porsche drift for Forzathon, I am just not good enough at drifting.
A shame, I would have loved to get the car and the achievement for that part of the Forzathon.
I hope Forzathons down the line will not start to feature stuff like „create a tune or paintjob that is upvoted by 1000 people“.
It used to be about racing.

Maybe it is just me, but I think the „fun stuff“ like drifting, stretch Limos and racing trucks should be part of the Horizon series.
They have imho nothing to do with racing in the classic sense.

1 Like

Nope. I don’t want the Porsche that bad. I hate drifting and am no good at it. I play games for fun. This is not fun. I tried on Prague, Daytona, and Rio. All this challenge is for me is a “spin your car in circles and hit the wall contest”. This is for the younger crowd. My time is too important to waste it on this. Hopefully they will have a better way to get the Porsche later on. I never knew cleaning my garage could be more fun than Forza. But, off I go to clean. Congrats to the people that can drift and get the car though.

1 Like

I’m glad being in my late 40s can be considered as part of the “younger crowd” ;0) I’m not good at drifting either, but like anything can be done with practise. That said, if you’re not enjoying it, there’s no point doing it. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with introducing different things, some will work, some won’t. I cut my drifting teeth on games such as Need For Speed Underground, and Juiced, so it’s something I’ve gotten used to. I agree it’s not for everyone, but it’s certainly not just for the whippersnappers ;0)

If you’re spinning then you are starting your drift at too high of speed.

The slower you go the easier it is to drift. Drifting is basically the same thing as getting too loose in a corner. Only difference is that you want to keep the car loose by tapping the gas to keep the sliding going.

Everyone can drift since everyone literally drifts without trying when racing at times.

It’s the same principle. Approach the corner as if you were racing (including braking). Instead of gassing on exit, hit the ebrake and gas it a little. Slam the brakes if you are about to go off course.

1 Like

I will just add this littel tid bit if you have an Elite controller lock the throttel trigger this will only let you hit about 60% throttel and if you dont pretend your in a FPS with a single shot weapon raining down hell on the enemey with rapid fire while in the drift in other words rattel that trigger as fast as you can. This will also help if using an elite controller with the throttel locked.

Did it on maple vally. Really wide track just incase the drift goes off line. Used the cayman gt4 but wouldnt recommend it for drifting. Probably one of the few porsches that grip like a normal car.

Thank you all for your advice… This one was really a “Challenge”.

So I went to Dubai as suggested. I took the Porsche Spider and tried for about 45 minutes with no success at all. I couldn’t even get the thing to slide. But, all was not lost, I did wreck a whole bunch of stuff on that track.

So, I started again using the 2012 Porsche 911 GT2. After about another 45 minutes I finally got it! 18,028 Drifting Points!!! I was ecstatic! I’m surprised no one called the cops on me ‘cause there was so much screaming and yelling coming from my house you would have thought I was being robbed.

Then I went to the Forzathon Menu… no joy, no completion, do not pass go and collect $200…

So I waited…
And waited…
And waited…
Then I closed the game, and restarted…
No joy, so I waited…
And waited…
And waited…

So, I finally went back and did it all over again, but it seemed this time was even harder to complete it. Ended up with just over 15,000 points. Went to the Forzathon Menu, and finally, it was complete.

This was extremely frustrating and discouraging; the only reason I got the points was sheer “dumb luck”, because I had no idea what I was doing. I play the game because it’s fun and entertaining… this was neither.

1 Like

CONGRATULATIONS :0)

Is it at this point we say that due to the bug with Forzathon, the achievement doesn’t trigger until you do another race, or restart the game. There probably wasn’t any need to do it a second time… :::::::legging it:::::::

1 Like

Took me a while to get this as I thought the 15,000 had to be in one drift LMAO!

944 with an S class setup around Maple Short Reverse. Managed to get 21,000 for one drift in the end after spinning out far too many times.

Man this challenge is not fun. Took a few runs at it but wasnt worth the frustration and moved along. Might revisit one more time but I dont really care if I cant get the car so I dont plan on making it my main focus.