My opinion: how to make the Speciality Dealer exciting.

I agree . This would make it far more interesting .

There’s nothing exciting about temporary availability. Making it more temporary than it already is just makes it more problematic. Games that want me to play on their schedule are doing it wrong.

10 Likes

Yeah but that turns the specialty dealer into another loot crate.

-k

4 Likes

It would, but like I said, I don’t think cars should be locked to begin with. Making all the cars available and cycling out cars every few days at a discounted price would also be nice.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s possible since it’s literally cars that should be available that aren’t available because reasons. If they simply made all cars available and made the specialty dealer randomize every 3-4 days and give you special editions of cars then I think that would be the best way to do it. That way you can race with your favorite cars with bonuses.

I could see this working. Special paints, liveries, some upgrades already on the cars. Plus cycling back around with minor changes giving another shot at a version of the car ever so often.
OP idea was not bad, it just needed to be expounded upon.

As a point of reference, I see the number of complaints about the shortness of time to complete the Forzathons in Horizon 3 that only last a weekend. The complaints are even larger when the Forzathon is a one day activity. Not only do the players have time contraints, but there is also the issues of connectivity/servers being down to consider.

I really think that the current 1 week period of time is the appropriate amount of time for the Specialty Dealer deals.

3 Likes

No thanks. Literally 1 car every week puts most folks in the hole. (normally the million dollar car)
In addition, with your suggested time interval, you are literally asking for Turn 10 to lock off more cars from what we can purchase freely.

2 Likes

This would more than likely be a big game breaker for a lot of players!

1 Like

I think not having locked cars that can’t be earned in a reasonable way (such as career) is better. Specialty Dealer bottlenecks accessibility to exclusive cars that really should not be exclusive in the first place and offers no legitimate reason for doing so.

8 Likes

No. What if I am sleeping when the car I want comes up.

Specialty dealer should be removed from the game in my opinion.

All cars should be available for purchase, always.

11 Likes

This is my first choice as well, everything available to everyone all the time under the same conditions. No unicorns or exclusive packs but then I dont get to make the game.

6 Likes

Yes I agree 100%. It’s time to unlock all these cars and make all 700 of the available to be purchased.

Only cars with that I’m OK with being locked are the Forza Edition cars. Maybe they can sell those in the specialty dealer?

2 Likes

Agreed on all points.

2 Likes

It’s not that bad of an idea. If 2 or 3 cars were to cycle through every hour or so that means whatever car you missed will be back in 2 to 4 days. at the moment it looks like it will be 8 months if ever. Until it does come back up there will be people selling them on the auction house.

It’s no so different from the auction house of old where you never knew what was going to be put up and you had to check constantly - and people did - just so they could get something no one else had.

Hell. No.

Cara should never be locked behind anything but credits.

The Specialty Dealer is bad enough as it is, this would make it even worse.

4 Likes

They are only trying to make the game interesting and part of the game is the SD, Forzathon, Loot Crates etc goes with it. I am not fussy about Driver Suits or Badges but have noticed plenty on here discussing and wanting to collect them so it can’t all be that bad and if that is the case I am all for it. The time zones and other elements come into play when they run the occasional offer and it can be difficult for Non-US citizens/workers so they probably should consider this if selling the game globally and make sure they run more than once.

That said if they don’t offer me the Type 2 VW and the Mercedes 300 SEL soon I will rip through this forum like a tornado. You ain’t seen nothing yet…

1 Like

You have a well chosen Gamer Tag Luna

As for my 2c I am happy with weekly and see no real reason to change and doesn’t ForzaThon start today.

2 Likes

It is what the boss calls me or at least the only one of his names for me I can use online, in most public places…

1 Like

The cars, not the way in which you’re forced to obtain them, should be interesting enough on their own.

Making you jump through hoops to get the ones you want is extra frustration heaped on top what already exists in the game with the drivatars and multitudes of bugs and glitches.

1 Like