My car pulls to one side

I keep having this problem with my hoonigan 55 bel air and it’s really annoying. It keeps pulling to the left as I drive down the road. Idk how to fix it, I’ve tried different suspension options, different tire sizes and psi and nothing seems to make it stop, I’ll just get worse. Any help would be great, thanks.

It’s only on that one car ? I guess that rules out a controller/keyboard/wheel issue. Interesting. I’m going to have to take a test drive :thinking:

I’ve only noticed it on that car but it could do it in others too. It only makes 900 hp and about the same in torque so it’s not like it’s enough to twist the car up, plus I have race chassis stiffening in it too so that should also help. I’m starting to think it’s just a game issue

You might be right. Just a short couple runs with it (stock) and a comparison car there definitely seems to be a very noticeable pull to the left. Weird.

Well at least I’m not the only one with this problem lol hopefully they’ll fix it but I doubt it

1 Like

Maybe it’s on purpose, to better simulate that “classic” poor handling lol. Might have to check some other pre-60 :wink:

…hmm, ok, not a pre-60 issue, since the “comparison” car I used was a 56 (Jag D - stock) and it handles like a dream (exact same “handling” rating fwiw which is little). Maybe it’s a US manufacture “quality” issue lol

1 Like

One of my Ford Mustangs does that.

Interesting. I’ve got one that’s somewhat similar. My 1981 VW Scirocco pulls to the left when braking.

I had this problem in FH4 with the VW Karmann Ghia with the 4.0 F6 500hp engine swap. I added twin turbo’s for fun but the car would either pull to the left or right but wouldn’t keep a straight line, even after removing the turbo’s and adding anti rollbars front and rear. It had wide sport tyres and race suspension too.

Sounds like your car wants to drift. My Hoonigan Bel Air does that as well, as do all of my drift cars.

1 Like

Take it to the shop and get an alignment. Should fix the problem.

:smile::smile::smile:

5 Likes

It seems like with a softer suspension tune it doesn’t do it as much but it’s still enough to have to steer the car back straight

Hey not all cars are built the same. Some are straight and others aren’t and that’s perfectly ok.

3 Likes

Reminds me of the Ford Focus RS500 test on Top Gear :smile:

1:02 haha

1 Like

I love the “useful consumer advice” at the end… “if you’re thinking about buying any of them, because you can’t.”

:frowning:

1 Like

So i have this same issue when launching my cars for drag race. As soon as the wheels come up it goes left immediately. Every car i have does it. Ive tried different controllers. adjusted deadzones. I just dont understand.

1 Like

Are you running a fully locked rearend? If not, give it a try. If you are, given the game developers propensity to develop the tuning backwards to normal, try dropping the rate of lock 10% at a try until you find a sweet spot. If we could adjust suspension on individual wheels adding more spring on the left wheel should bring it around but they don’t let us do individual wheels.

Yeah. It happened to my Corvette, too. If you are in simulation difficulty for steering settings, change it. Now if you aren’t in Sim mode, got nothing. Hope this will help.

I’ve driven a couple cars that pull to the left on braking, but nothing that does it when accelerating forward. The '81 VW Scirocco, for instance, pulls left during braking and also does a funny dip to the right at a certain point during higher-speed left turns. Weird.