Mute online players

Bump because this is a day 1 “feature” in every other game.

Turning into an xbox live hermit isn’t a valid answer to “I simply don’t want to hear certain people screaming or their loud TVs”

The way this game handles the microphone is unbelievably bad. If the mic is enabled, it basically just runs an with an open mic. I think a lot of people don’t even realize that have an open mic. There should be an in-game option to mute/unmute the mic, and it should default to muted. You should also be able to block voice chat from other individuals, or everyone in the lobby. If you disable the mic in the system, that disables it for other applications that need it, like Microsoft Teams, for example. GTA Online seems to have descent handling of the microphone and voice chat. I don’t know why Forza hasn’t figured it out.

THIS ^^^ Yes we direly need to be able to disable mic’s.
This is especially important when my friends and I don’t even participate in game chat.
We use a “private” party through the Xbox Game Bar.
That is pretty much a violation right there. Who invited these people to listen in?

I think it’s just another broken aspect because sometimes as soon as we enter a session with others,
our voices are duplicated, causing an echo whilst other times it does not happen.
Sometimes others will respond to us talking, other times they seem oblivious or are scared to answer.
EVERY time there’s an open mic, playing music / feeding game sounds back / chatting with the family etc.
They seem oblivious to my requests to mute.

The moment I hear my voice echoing back in the party I hit mute as it’s unbearable.
I will not drop the party to avoid the echo.
I want to avoid the people that I’d never have in a party for bad mic’ etiquette.
It’s nearly getting to the point I’d have to download Discord again, but the game might over-ride that.
Besides - I’ve only used it twice and deleted it after each use because I hate it.

Although many have provided alternative “options”, none of that should have to be done. Many have asked for his prior and Playground has dropped the ball here.

Most of the issues happen DURING a race. Nobody is going to quit a race, ESPECIALLY if it’s a seasonal event and needs to be completed. I did the Trial yesterday, and this guy in the 2nd round starts whistling for no reason and wouldn’t stop. I don’t use a mic, so it was coming out of my soundbar, but I wanted to just finish the race and be done with it since we already won the 1st race. There 100% should be a quick “hit Y to mute all” (or whatever assigned button you wish to use) DURING a race. Once an online event is done, who is going to remember the gamertag and go thru the process of checking “last played with” to search for their profile and mute. It’s a waste of everybody’s time. It should be a button, end of story.

2 Likes

It is so annoying hearing some morons mic who thinks they need to talk the entire time or playing some noise or static and this has been a problem for a long time yet still nothing is done about it. Normal devs who don’t care about the players opinions.

1 Like

Ehm, I have the mic muted, that mutes everyone else as far as I know.

1 Like

You can mute them but not within the game. You have to go into your XBox account and then the Privacy settings. Change the option for the following setting:

Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites
Decide who on Xbox Live to communicate with using voice and text, and who sends you invitations to parties, games, or clubs.

hope this helps.

Yea, so you have to make it so nobody can communicate with you across all of xbox rather then just have an option to turn off mics in the game which would be simple to do but the devs are too lazy and don’t care. Muting yourself doesn’t mute others by the way.

1 Like

I haven’t heard anyone use a mic at least in online races since week 3

1 Like

I guess since you haven’t heard anyone then it must never happen because you’re the only one who matters right? Unintelligent people making claims like this “I don’t have any problems so the game is fine” just need to grow a brain.

1 Like

Actually it was just me commenting on my own experience.

3 Likes

Doesn’t seem any worse than assuming that because it happens to you it must be a prevalent issue, and if the devs don’t focus on you, you, you then they just don’t care.

4 Likes

Same here and i haven’t altered my settings one little bit. Occasionally i might get one person out of tens of online races but in general they are all automatically muted for some reason or other. I’m fine with that.

1 Like

i do not hear any voices ever

2 Likes

Wish more peoples meds tuned. Lol.
I mute whole thing in multi. I’d get dumber listening, or deaf from screamers.

I have never heard anyone ever in game on PC.

1 Like

[Edit - Belittling other users is not acceptable - MM]

I’ve heard people in Horizon 5 in Horizon open. Mostly they are unaware that their microphone is on so you get all sorts of stuff. Disabled using the method I described above.

On Xbox, if you open the guide and go to recent players, the players you’re currently in a race/event with will be at the top of the list, so if someone is being annoying you can click on their name there and mute them, which mutes them across all games.

It’s certainly not ideal, as there should be a quick mute option in the game itself, but I think it’s better than disabling all comms via the Xbox website, as that affects voice in all games and messaging as well. There is a “friends only” option, so that might be fine for some people.

The point of my post was that since I’ve never heard a single person in 200 plus hours, it must be possible. Now whether it’s a setting I’m using, just how my PC setup is, or a bug I don’t know. I just know I’ve never heard a single person in this game, not once.