[Multiplayer Glitch] Disconnecting in Tag Virus events makes your car untaggable

Will they finally ban these people preventing everyone from finishing the round ? Will they ever fix this issue ?

It’s almost impossible to finish a round because of people gluing the walls, preventing them from being infected.

I don’t understand what’s the point of these players. They join round, glitch so they can’t become cat, and then afk during 30 min so the round is stuck.
Do they really have fun doing this ? What’s the point ?

Jeez people…

Edit :

I was all wrong about the causes of the problem.

Further experiment show that these untaggable blue are not due to people glitching by hammering walls, in fact it’s when people disconnects.
When you leave an ongoing tag virus round, you will be disconnected but your drivatar & car sometimes won’t and will actually stay on the track and endlessly accelerate and this is what triggers the glitch : If the player leaves the game but the car is not disconnected, it will become untaggable, hence preventing everyone from finishing the round.

1 Like

PM

there is no cat & mouse in Forza 7 so i can only assume you mean tag virus.

I tried to traduce it from french to english. Sorry if it doesn’t correspond.
In french, it’s clearly called “Cat” not “virus” :slight_smile: !

1 Like

Cat and Mouse is a different game mode where the mouse is often a mini and the cats are faster cars. Its a team race where each cat can choose to either push or protect its mouse or try and stop the enemy mouse. The team that wins is the first mouse across the line.

Oh i see, thanks a lot, i don’t have Forza 5 & 6 so didn’t know…
It would be cool if this mode was implemented in Forza 7.

Anyway, i just did a few experiment and it seems i was completely wrong, or at least partially on the cause of the problem.

These untaggable blue are not due to people glitching by hammering walls, in fact it’s when people disconnects.
When you leave an ongoing tag virus round, you will be disconnected but your car sometimes won’t and will actually stay on the track and accelerate and this is what triggers the glitch : If the player leaves the game but the car is not disconnected, it will become untaggable, hence preventing everyone from finishing the round.

Glad someone else posted about this, been happening since tag was released, tried to report it but haven’t got a response from anyone on this matter & seems people aren’t turning to the forums to report it, what really is going on my turn 10 this type of thing shouldn’t be happening, if it was forza 1 I would understand but it’s forza 7 were on now really gotta get a grip!

Is there a limit on how long a virus round can last? I’ve been up to an hour and fifteen minutes and still nothing happens. The only other time I’ve seen it, it was a forty minute match which randomly ended. Apparently the glitch car can be different colors and in multiple places at once according to someone else in one of the lobbies.

I’ve played it enough to experience some random stuff;

• 30~ minutes I’ve seen on more than one occasion the ‘untaggable’ car randomly disconnect and the game finishes.
  • A clear box appears in the center of your screen saying ‘race ends in 1193 hours and xxxx minutes’ (the minutes weirdly changes??)
  • I’ve had multiple ‘untaggable’ cars and I’ve actually been one myself but yet i’m still in the race.

It’s not clear if people are purposely disconnecting as surely they don’t get any credits from doing so, they only benefit from making everyone else just stuck in a mess about race.

Also the mode is flawed, the fact that 85% of people use either the F1 2017 Reno or 90’s Honda MP4, Ferrari 641 defeats the point as they’re either impossible to catch or almost impossible to get away from unless they’re a TERRIBLE driver, I’ve out driven someone who was in a the F1 2017 for several minutes and I was in a tuned R class 1993 Renault Clio >.>

Ditch the event and just put in free mode with a pit stop and let you be able to change car mid-race… why this isn’t an option I just can’t understand.

Get these at least twice daily, it’s an absolute joke!

Tbh tag is a,bit of a mess at the minute with any class enabled and these bugs. Fingers crossed it’ll get sorted in the next patch or 2.

Yeah fingers crossed is right, why it hasn’t got the attention of a moderator I’ll never know!!

Yet another update and still no fix! Asking for a refund!