Multiplayer Cheats?

I stopped playing multiplayer a long time ago in Forza Horizon 3… and just recently for the HW Expansion, I played 20 games. I have several screenshots showing crazy amounts of XP, here are just a few (from before the first event is even completed).

Is this something that anyone is addressing or cares about?

Did it happen while the forzathon was active as the xp won during a forzathon would be included
This issue gets brought up quite often and it’s almost always because of this or if they an xp board as well

2 Likes

Its Forzathon and / or bonus boards.

3 Likes

Yeah, it was on the 12th of May. Thanks!

1 Like

That was during forzathon in the hotwheels section of the game. Totally legit. But there are isssues of online cheats, there are several websites touting Forza Horizon 3 trainers that some people use. Turn 10 and Xbox request you report if you believe there are cheaters. Those trainers come with extra speed, extra grip, extra xp so on so on. A few of the websites boast that you shouldn’t use it online but then state we have only had 2 or 3 people banned. To spot a cheater using a trainer- If there is someone who is extremely faster than all the cars, can take 90 degree truns at 180 mph without hitting the brakes, or plows into the wall on a turn, goes transparent and then appears 150 -200 feet ahead of you. I report when I see this and encourage others to report who they think is cheating, this will make the game a whole lot better for everyone.

And you are probably reporting a lot of people who are genuinely quick too.

I know i have been reported for winning in my Vandura.

5 Likes

I’ve seen crazy XP during non-Forzathon times as well. Usually 50k+, so not an XP board either, unless they’re fast enough to hit several. It always occurs during the run to the next event. I’ve seen people go from joining a campaign late (after a couple events) and go from last to first.

I’m not suggesting cheating, but there must be some in-game exploit, or crazy drifting XP.

Go cross country hit nothing and watch the XP spike.

2 Likes

I’ve done that, but get nothing near these numbers. Like I say I suspect these people are very good at drifting or some other skill that racks up XP disproportionately fast. I’m more curious than anything on how folks manage it.

SatNite Eduardo

Originally Posted by: Retirednavy2003 Go to Quoted Post
That was during forzathon in the hotwheels section of the game. Totally legit. But there are isssues of online cheats, there are several websites touting Forza Horizon 3 trainers that some people use. Turn 10 and Xbox request you report if you believe there are cheaters. Those trainers come with extra speed, extra grip, extra xp so on so on. A few of the websites boast that you shouldn’t use it online but then state we have only had 2 or 3 people banned. To spot a cheater using a trainer- If there is someone who is extremely faster than all the cars, can take 90 degree truns at 180 mph without hitting the brakes, or plows into the wall on a turn, goes transparent and then appears 150 -200 feet ahead of you. I report when I see this and encourage others to report who they think is cheating, this will make the game a whole lot better for everyone.

And you are probably reporting a lot of people who are genuinely quick too.

I know i have been reported for winning in my Vandura.

I know what is fast and what is not fast I don’t report people unless it is obvioous. Normally I don’t look at the speed issue, more of the issue of corner bombing at full speed, car disappears and reappears about 200 feet in front of you. Also there are ghost hacks that are used by people who ram you and when you get back to pass them they ghost and end up way ahead of you. Those are the cheaters I report.

Also I don’t have any car in my garage that will corner with no brakes at 160 mph in a 90 deg turn? If you do I would love to have that setup.

I have been accused of “Grip Glitching” online.

My Vandura does not handle like a Vandura.

If you get your reports spot on then awesome but I know many who think what is humanly possible is actually cheating.

That sounds a whole lot like forza lag to me.

Someone did that in a lobby against me the other day.

I still caught them and beat them in most races so if its a hack, bad luck, it ain’t good enough.

But yeah I believe it is lag.

I know what you are talking about there is lag issues and I myself pass a lot of people and win races. But with a little research you will find there are a lot of cheating programs and trainers that websites push that state your chances of being caught are almost nil. The only reason I looked into it was because I was very curious about why certain things were happening. I love this game and I don’t report someone unless it is outright obvious, I also speak with them if I suspect something. You would be surprised how many people leave the game when you nicely ask them what program they are running to help them with speed and grip. I will not accuse them and I always speak nicely to anyone that power bombs, or doesn’t use the brakes and so on. You would be surprised how many people who are new to this game think it is normal to wreck everyone in the corners because that is what they have seen. I have spoken to a lot of newbies about clean racing and braking into corners and the majority try to race clean after that. But sorry off topic.

Ah I have seen this the last few times whilst playing online adventures. People joining the game and earning 80k XP from driving to the next event. Does my head in. Usually they’re completely useless at the events themselves too so I thought foul play must be at work.

Allowing bonus boards to count for the overall xp online is one of the biggest oversights for multiplayer. Thankfully it’s got better now that most player have already smashed most boards, but it was so annoying losing to someone who would just go looking for 20k boards…

Hell, the whole concept of xp to determine the online championship is awful. Should be decided on points alone, like in single player.

2 Likes

As much as online racing is fun the XP system does ruin the experience somewhat.

2 Likes

@nemisis
What i don’t get is why persons get worked over about it.

The award is 30k credits for 1st place (most xp) in 4 events.
I can make that in my sleep, almost. And if you place some where in the top your loss to 1st place is was a couple thousand to 10k credits at most.

What are you being deprived of?
The devs overalled XP because of the complaining over being deprived of less the 10k over 4 races that they made 3x probably a lot more then that’s but I’ll give the Benoit of the doubt to someone that banged off walls the whole way.

Or is it the ego of being ranked on the board. If that’s the case - see what’s awarded for XP in forzathon and then go online and let it work for you one round

1 Like

Seriously???

This is from Forzathon or bonus boards. They shouldn’t count in online matches but they do. I saved all the bonus boards in Blizzard mountain and hot wheels to use during an online adventure after getting all the bonus boards on the mainland without being an adventure and experiencing people get them during the adventure. Same goes for the weekly forzathon XP challenge.

Even without the challenge or bonus board I usually finish 30,000XP+ ahead of second place (whatever place is not part of my club). It doesn’t pay to make it to the events so I stopped bothering, I find a field and get massive points from skills instead.

Also like other people posted, if you have clean off-road races you’re gonna see a ton of XP… It’s a choice you need to make, there are some races where I’d be in second place and it would take a really aggressive move to pass 1st (and not a guarantee at success either), if I’m on a big skill chain sometimes I don’t risk the attempt… And no, I’m not talking wall-riding I’m talking ‘there’s a good chance that the guy in first will block me’

theoretically yes it’s not fair and should be fixed because 1st place dude by the end of list will win more cash as Pervasive stated.

Practically though I can’t bother less if 1 or 2 dudes got in front of my XP position primarily because of Forzathon awards whatever. That’s just $4000 loss caused by 2 rewarded players in 1 session even if u’re super “unlucky”, and that’s in a game where cash can be so easily earned everywhere.
If it’s just XP position that you care, I personally almost never pay attention to it so sry can’t help :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like