Multi-USB problem on PC

Hi,

My problem started in the demo when I tried to use my joystick as an handbrake. In the demo my handbrake was always on even though I didn’t pull it. I tried to mess with the deadzones but without luck. Now in the full game when I try to assign my handbrake, it recognizes it but after saving and returning to the game it doesn’t work at all and when I go back to the control settings it says that my handbrake is unassigned even though I did assign it and saved it. My joystick is Trust GXT 555 and I have the latest drivers installed. I didn’t have this problem in Forza Motorsport 7.

Hopefully this could be fixed as I really enjoyed drifting in FM7 solely because of the joystick worked as an handbrake finally compared to Forza Horizon 3 where there was no multi-USB possibility.

Greetings from a Finnish Forza Fan

1 Like

I am also having the exact same problem using a Thrustmaster T-Flight Stick X and no problems using it with FM7. Everyone else I have spoken to who also uses a Flight stick has the same problem, but the official handbrakes from Fanatec and Thrustmaster seem to work fine.

clubsport v3 pedal and handbrake. nothing even binds in the game. same rubbish after the update.

Had the same issue with Logitech Flight Stick for hand brake and did the demo fix to get it work but deadzones sliders do nothing so kinda was a waste of time. (No idea if update fixed the sliders yet so maybe theirs hope?)

But they have released an easier way on https://support.forzamot…es/360001988268-FFB-FAQ

Q: My drivers and firmware are up to date, but the game won’t recognize my wheel. What can I do?

A: There is a known issue where controller profile save information can be corrupted, resulting in the game not able to recognize your wheel. Before this issue is fixed, a workaround would be to delete the last saved controller profile on your PC.

Navigate to (where USERNAME is written, enter your username):

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_8wekyb3d8bbwe\TempSta te\scratch\User_PCLocalStorageDirectory\ConnectedStorage\InputTranslationManager

Delete this file: LastUsedProfile

Launch the game and see if your wheel is detected. If this doesn’t solve the issue, you can try installing the Forza Horizon 4 Demo to see if your wheel works there, and copy the profile saved there over the file above. If your wheel works in the demo, locate the demo profile and copy it to the game profile folder. Navigate to the demo’s saved profile here (where USERNAME is written, enter your username):

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ForzaHorizon4Demo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Temp State\scratch\User_PCLocalStorageDirectory\ConnectedStorage\InputTranslationManager

Copy this file LastUsedProfile and Paste it here:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_8wekyb3d8bbwe\TempSta te\scratch\User_PCLocalStorageDirectory\ConnectedStorage\InputTranslationManager