Multi monitor support [see post #17]

Unfortunately there are a lot of “glass is half empty” mind sets.

Mind you, I’m not so keen on the subdifuge and trickery used at events like E3. We all know that Dan is clean shaven yet he insists on wearing that glue on beard for public events. Who would have thought that developers would have gone to extra lengths to showcase their upcoming titles at the worlds biggest industry expo. I’m deeply shocked

“We have a triple screen setup at E3, but that’s a custom setup. The retail version will not support that.”
Mechberg talking with the demo now: http://www.twitch.tv/expertzone_xbox/b/669656057

I was the one that asked that question. Gutted about the answer. Glad I know now at least and don’t waste time and money figuring it was in because of that setup they are showing. I was going to buy a Xbox wheel or the hub. No need now.

Thanks a lot, FatnSlo, for asking that at the briefing and for bringing us the answer, I appreciate it.
Bad luck, I wanted this feature back.

It’s strange… they did the most important effort to create the program to support multiple screens but only for E3… then they throw their work to the bin. They don’t try to amortize it at all.
Sighh

Here’s an interesting thought however: Microsoft has touted PC gameplay of Xbox titles (including Forza Motorsport 6) through the power of Windows 10. So, theoretically, it could be possible to get triple-screen capability that way.

Euh no. Just like Nvidia Shield, you will be able to STREAM games from your console to your PC using the power of Windows 10 and the new Smartglass App and whatnot.

Microsoft never said / confirmed that games from the Xbox will
a) natively play on a PC
b) streamed games will have enhanced/improved graphics or resolutions

Microsoft did however confirm
a) Xbox streaming to devices like tablets
b) crossplay certain titles between a PC and One like Fable Legends

1 Like

“Euh,” I never said the games would play natively. I simply mentioned Microsoft’s reference to playing Xbox One games on a PC:

“Windows 10 extends the Xbox experience with game streaming. Play your Xbox One games on a desktop, laptop, or tablet in your home on your local Wi-Fi,” with the caveat that you can only stream to one device.

From there, I only suspect you could upscale the video (or whatever needs to be done) to play across multiple monitors and (hopefully) be able to adjust in-game FOV to give a larger viewable area on either side of the center screen. I’m not a tech guru and I didn’t imply that anything was definitive … only that it “could be possible.”

1 Like

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251650-console-accessories/suggestions/6183735-multi-screen-support-like-forza-5-at-e3-2014

Please vote :slight_smile:

It seems a bit odd to add the core functionality of triple screen support purely for the E3 build, only to remove it in the retail version.

As has been stated by T10 reps at E3 the multi-screen build of Forza 6 we have at the event is a custom build, built especially for the event. I would suggest though that if you’re really keen to see this feature return then it would be best to make your voice known here, as it is essentially a platform feature that needs to be added.

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251650-console-accessories/category/82071-xbox-one

1 Like

just say its running on a pc and be done with it. we all know that apu couldnt power triples if it wanted to.

But it’s not… The triple screen setup works on three Xbox Ones. As someone who’s helped set this rig up on past occasions I know what I’m talking about :slight_smile:

Then why not retail kits?

Because it’s a custom build of the game that doesn’t run on retail kits.

OK let me rephrase:

If you already have it functioning in the game, why not include it into retail release? You are already aware its a heavily sought after feature.
May we be allowed an answer as to why this would not be a possibilty in the retail versions if it is indeed “3 xbox ones” that arent “dev kits/pc”

This is the kind of info the community would benefit from, more more more. Even while not ideal, it at least provides a firm answer and counters misguided ‘conventional wisdom.’

3 Likes

Agreed, 10000%

Why should we have to vote for this? This was an awesome (although expensive) option that set Forza apart from its console competition. Having to vote on a killer feature like this, is strange.

1 Like

They are gauging interest.

With 40% of PS4 owners not being PS3 owners, I think they are trying to guage whether there is enough to warrant the dev time of said feature into release.
Which is what I find curious, if it is already working, why not? Why vote? why gauge anything?

1 Like

It doesn’t work on standard retail kits, hence the need for us to build a special build that works only on dev kits. If people are keen to see the feature reintroduced to retail Xbox One’s, then they should let their voices be heard via the link I posted earlier. The decision isn’t ours to make.