Multi-Class 200 Mile Rally

Don’t want to miss all the fun so may have to give this a go =)

ive only done one leg so far and that was with the d class car and i tangled with the c class ai a bit in the race other than that i didnt see any other ai cars except for when i got over lapped by the r1, r2 and r3 cars in the race
so having ai isnt really a problem i like this one because being consistent over many laps is difficult and probably harder than trying to get one magic clean lap.
i really like this challenge
atm im working on tunes for the b class vehicles
i dont know what everyone elses process is but i have purchased each vehicle and then modded them to the allocated class and then test drove them for 5 laps on a random track. bottom half that have the slowest times get eliminated and then the rest go on and get fine tuned a little than the next slowest get eliminated again leaving me 2 cars. which i then tune for the track im selecting for that class.
then i finally select the car i will use from that tuning session.
its a bit of a process and ill probably run out of time for this challenge if im not careful !

Hi CostlessCape92! Yes, just as bluhar3dfr33k says, you have a completely free reign for tunes. All upgradeable parts or conversions are fine - you can self upgrade/tune or download them from the SF. The only rule is that they don’t exceed the designated class limit for each pool, i.e. a VW Beetle '63 can’t be upgraded beyond D class, or a Cobra 427 S/C can’t be upgraded beyond S class etc. Glad to have you join the challenge - good luck!

bluhar3dfr33k, wow! You’re approach is very thorough! I confess to not having done any real testing of the various cars. In compiling each pool, I just selected a variety of car types and manufacturers from different regions to give a breadth of choice. They weren’t completely random selections - many are cars that appeal to me, and hopefully there will be at least one in each pool that has some appeal to others. I tried to avoid leaderboard cars. To be honest, for my own entry I just selected the cars that appealed to me most at the time. I guess that means I might not have the quickest car for each pool (for a certain track), but I had a heap of fun driving them anyway! Actually, I did do some testing with the S class pool cars for Nurgburgring. I started with the Porsche 959 but had to abandon it due to some handling difficulties. If I do some more runs to try to improve on my times I will likely use different cars.

Interesting idea Rudyard, just tried a B Class Sierra around infineon long, messed up setting the lobby up as ended up with 2 S Class cars and no R1 car - so saved but not uploaded my replay as not ticked all the right boxes lol. My very provisional time for that was 27:15.191.

I’ve got a couple of weeks off work towards the end of June, so will try and get this done then if not before.

Cheers

D

No probs DamMe2006! I’m sure we can agree to overlook a tiny AI set-up error in one leg :wink: - it likely won’t have influenced your time by any meaningful margin anyhow. I’ve updated your time for that leg. Thanks for entering and good luck - the more the merrier!

Cheers Rudyard but in the spirit of fairness, will aim to run again. Not used to hotlapping in a lobby, so the AI element was interesting - I was only lapped by the R2 car & finished ahead of both S class cars.

Even tried to pause it at one point, only to find it doesn’t do that lol so had to cross my legs for a comfort break once it finished. Then as I’d not thought to have a pen & paper to hand, had to more or less watch the replay I’d saved just to suss my actual time. You live and learn - or at least I hope I do!

Just at work this next week, then off for a fortnight, so that’ll be my chance to run all the cars. Plus no paint on my Sierra, need to do something about that :wink:

Leg 3 ceomplete, Ford Gt40 20.57.446

Had a few test runs on fujimi. Unknown track with an unknown car, don’t think the paintwork will be upto much after this!

Times updated :slight_smile:

Yep - my R2 Honda was utterly ruined after four laps on the Mountain… actually, I think it looked ready for scrap after about a third of a lap!

Been practicing with the Merc on the Ring - got a 21 :15 in the bank but aiming for a 21:10:xxx . Fuji is gonna be my biggest handicap - Expecting a final time very close to Rudyards .

Welcome aboard Damn Me btw : )

Thanks for running this Rudy, its been a good un. You’ve got me for fastest time around the ring, but I think vold had the fastest. I’ll put the rabbit up later for 100m.
If I have any ideas for a future comp I’ll pm you

thanks
John

Uploaded my final time for Infineon . I managed a 24:49:991 with the S class Lambo Countach . Replay named Rally Leg 5 .

Aarrgh, my hands are hurting! Leg 2 complete mazda RX8 A class. 34.47.579. A spin on the last lap near the end didn’t help, but otherwise 3 good ish laps.

Nice times guys! Post no.2 updated.

I’ve also re-run my D class Infineon leg. Switched from the Saab to the Beetle and managed to trim some time. My final result for leg 5 is: 28:54.249. Replay soon to be on SF.

OK, Rudyard - count me in now ;] Knocked off 2 legs thus far…

Leg 1: Nurburgring Nordschleife - 3 Laps - 28:13.986 - Class B - IROCZ

Leg 2: Fujimi Kaido Full Circuit - 4 Laps - 39.42.919 - Class D - 63 Beetle

Please excuse the grainy/crappy photos, as I have had to resort to photographing my TV screen in order to post new photos to the forums ;[ NOT cool…

Fantastic Kool! Great to have you onboard mate :slight_smile: I will update the results.

I love the liveries - they look Sweeeet! Great pics… Hope the gallery starts working soon

EDIT: I spoke with Kool and he’s kindly agreed to supply anyone who enters the competition with their choice of car complete with a custom ‘Rally 200’ livery - see the pics on the post above this one. The car requested should be one of the 40 cars listed in the competition’s class pools. Feel free to post in this thread/contact Kool directly to sort your souvenir car! Thanks very much for the awesome livery, your efforts and generosity KoolIROCZ1967 ! For my own car, I’d like to request an IROCZ as you have pictured above, thanks!

1 Like

Very classy retro design kool.

leg 5 complete in the D class Datsun. 28.26.418. Great little car to drive, lots of action on circuit lapping drivers and being lapped.

Cracking time JWCJRS4RT! Blew my D class - Infineon result out of the water :slight_smile: I will look forward to seeing a bit of your replay.

Times updated

Uploaded replay of my time for Fuji . I managed a 37:34:444 in the BMW M5

Thanks Voldemortt! Times updated :slight_smile:

Leg 4 now done, B Class RS500. 27.45.422.

Overall time 2:13.14.890… I’d recommend you check that!

The only leg I’ll be running again is leg 1 so make the rest final.

cheers rudy, cracking challenge.