MotorworldHype Interviews Ralph Fulton

Hey everyone,

As you may have seen in the recent “E3 2014 Horizon 2 questions thread”, the MotorworldHype team was invited to a special Horizon 2 preview event after the Xbox E3 press conference. We asked you to submit your questions about Horizon 2 so that if we had the chance we could ask them directly to the Forza team for you. There were a lot of responses but we took some of the best and most frequently asked questions and we were lucky enough to get an interview with Ralph Fulton of Playground games himself and asked ALL the questions we picked from that thread!

Since the Forza forum community helped out with this we are posting the videos here first before posting them on our website MotorworldHype.com so just hit the YouTube links below!

Ralph Fulton “Forum Question Interview”: E3 2014: Forza Horizon 2 Interview With Ralph Fulton - YouTube

Andrew’s first gameplay impression of Horizon 2: E3 2014: Forza Horizon 2 Gameplay Impressions - YouTube

1 Like

Thanks guys! :slight_smile:

heh

Forza Press Conference 2 offers endless opportunties to drive your questions back to the script.

I don’t blame them, it’s just funny to see game developers work ahead of release. Looks like we’re going to have to threaten planet Alderaan to get the secrets out of him!

+1

it really kind of felt like a question was posed, and instead of just saying ‘no’ he reiterated some things that he had already said and let that serve as a no. with this ‘truly open world’ thing I’m really starting to get the feeling that the map is pretty much the exact same size as horizon 1, but with the barriers knocked down. I mean if you got rid of the guard rails in horizon 1, you’d get pretty much 3 times the driving area (or actually even a bit more than that). I mean don’t get me wrong, I’m extremely excited and it looks and sounds like it’ll be a really excellent game, but I’m not really expecting the map itself to be any bigger than it was in 1, just more open.

Thanks for posting this. I do have to say, I’m slightly disappointed with his response to the spitscreen question. He didn’t really answer the question and kind of danced around the topic. I’ll take that to mean that there’s not going to be any local multiplayer in the game. I understand that he was put on the spot with this question, and the topic probably hasn’t been brought up much at Playground Games, but it seemed like he was trying to distract us with online multiplayer. The problem with this is that there are still a decent chunk of people with no Xbox Live. This is just a small issue I have with this, but it’s not a “make-or-break” decision. Unless someone would like to prove me wrong?

2 Likes

I should have expanded on the question and included from FM5 to Xbone Horizon 2, but I also suspect that if the feature was there then he would have mentioned it himself.
Thanks for cornering him though and asking the questions.

Thanks for doing this interview! And thanks for asking my question!

Great, thanks

Yeah, it’s pretty obvious from his answers that they’re only allowed to talk about a very strict selection of details, all of which have been covered and repeated by sites like IGN already. I think no matter what questions were asked we’d get the same kind of answers.

Kudos for trying anyway.

He’d probably laugh your question off for calling it the ‘Xbone’ version. =P

And it looks like Open wheel cars won’t be in the game either, which is a let down.

good work on asking all the hard questions, a bit annoying not to get answer from Ralph, oh well I guess we tried to find out new info :slight_smile: