More Skill Less Luck for Achievements: Kill the Drivatars and Traffic!

Double post sorry

I don’t mind the regular traffic as much as the drivatars that continuously drive back and forth while I’m doing these events. I have counted on multiple occasions the same drivatar driving back and forth 3-4 times in the same area as if they drive down a bit and do a U-turn just to frustrate me…it is beyond me why this hasn’t been addressed. I mean I can maneuver around the regular traffic fine but the drivatars seem to target my car and intentionally go out of their way to stop/hit me or simply get in my way. It takes a lot of fun out doing these events thus making it a frustrating experience instead of it being a joyful one.

2 Likes

I’m sorry that you guy’s experience is not like mine. I only remember two speed zones that took me several tries to get 3 stars, one was off road and I kept going off the path, the other one was a matter of finding a car fast enough for a specific hard turn. Not once do I remember having to try one several times because of traffic. Now, drift zones, that’s a different matter. I usually drive to one of the ends, the one I want to start from, block that lane for a minute so I’m sue there won’t be anyone in the way, then try. That usually works. And drifting around traffic in a turn is definitely easier than swerving at high speed to avoid a car blocking your optimal path through a speed zone.
I still haven’t finished all the drift zones with 3 stars because a) I’m not great at drifting and b) I don’t even try them that often. But speed zones and danger signs I pretty much 3 starred as I was unlocking them without much trouble.
And I definitely tend to agree that it’s more about ability than luck, and there is also some strategy to dealing with traffic.

I haven’t tried it myself, but you can choose the desired drift/speed zone for your blueprint bucket list event and turn the traffic off. I still don’t know if the score will register for overall leaderboards and thus towards 3 stars, or does it count just for the event based leaderboard.

1 Like