More Cars locked up behind Mutiplayer? this is Not On!

The whole problem with the games as a service is that much of the content in these free updates was cut/omitted from the base game during development to be drip-fed back to players as a carrot to keep them coming back. So in effect, we DID pay for this content. The devs are abusing psychology by using this time-limited availability to keep players logging in each week, even though I recognize it I still feel the need to try to grab the weekly car if I can (although this new update might just be the last straw that pushes me to stop playing and not bother trying to get all the cars).

I don’t dispute that most of these cars will sit in the garage and never really be used once collected (as will 99% of the cars in the game since it’s already car overload), but it is fun collecting things.

1 Like

But you NEVER paid for that content that is now being offered…geez entitlement much
You only paid for the content that was in the game at release…anything that comes to the game after that …and not as DLC… …is a FREE bonus

On top of everything that has already been mentioned, I’ll also point out that many of us don’t have good enough internet at home to even reliably do multiplayer events. If I play Forzathon Live, I get constant warnings about poor connection quality. Half the time I can’t even join multiplayer without it timing out so I pretty much avoid it completely now.

7 Likes

I knew from Ekdrfiter that Ned was a Scottish Term, so I knew you were somewhere in Scotland ParanoidDoge. :slight_smile:

VS 50 laps of Goliath
Have 1000 first place
Finish Leviathan in under x:xx:xx with an S2.
Reach _____ Rank

Now difference with these. They all place a skill, they all could have a deadine, but they are all flexible. They allow player to achieve. With side. 50 laps of goliath? Not all in one race because it is too easy to negate all investment from a player.

But not easy. I have often pointed out in discussions that rare or difficult to achieve rewards are important for a healthy game community.

This isnt about being too hard. It is about a constructive game goal. If it was able to be easily attained by everybody, then what is point? A reward for different play should be complimentary to the play required. So if somebody doesnt like that play, it isnt a big deal not to go for it. Imagine if an s2 hypercar chalenge gave a formula drift car, and then you needed a 500k drift zone to get Zonda FE?

This is a negative experience reward. By requiring all things every day, it means that anybody who wants will have to probably do play they dont like. Or one issue with system, out of town etc makes it impossible. It is the 100% completion plus narrow time windows that causes hate.

Personally, I dont care about collecting all the cars. Is why I dont bother spending all my credits for one exclusive in a broken auction system. I will get it in due time. But now we have as a challenge the Capri FE and a goal. Goals are purposes of game. Front and center they are. But entirely unattainable because of how strict they are. The requirements having some aspects dislike.

It isnt a case of… Awww… part of game has reward I want like how some dislike trials. It is that in a manority of player base, a primary objective is a no lieniency auto fail MUST do something you hate. It is a very negative experience generating event. Not activity and excitement creating.

6 Likes

ahem. as other Players pointed out, the Auction House is utterly Broken, Exclusive Cars virtually never appear on it, and those that do are either Snaffled up in Seconds, or cost 20,000,000 due to having “Legendary” Liveries applied, it is not a viable system for Acquiring Cars.

Missing Cars directly Impacts My Enjoyment of the Game, as the Main Enjoyment for Me in Forza, (which is why I was so vocal, as were many others, about having the Garage Cap Increased) is Collecting, Driving and Racing ALL of the Games Cars, Multiplayer Exclusive Cars impacts My Ability to Collect, Drive and Race ALL of the Games Cars, which Directly Impacts the main Enjoyment I get out of the Forza Game.

I have already Stated Personally that I feel that Horizon 4 is NOT suitable for Me due to its focus on Live Services Multiplayer, and that I now feel I Misused My (and worse, My Parents) Money on it, which is why I am so ANGRY I was not informed of the Games Live Service Multiplayer Focus before it launched, as, if I had been, I would have known the Game was not Suitable for Me, so I would Not have Purchased it, and would not have misused My (and worse, My Parents) Money on it. I would have simply just Pre-Ordered an RTX 2080Ti for My PC instead.

Rivals always paid out the exact same Credit Payment and XP Payouts on Point to Point Courses as Regular Races, meaning Money and Wheelspins came as Quickly in Classic Horizon 2/3 Rivals as they would from Normal Point to Point Racing, meaning it was a highly Effective way to get all of the Games Cars.

I did not Decide ANYTHING for ANYONE , I just pointed out that the chances of someone who doesn’t like Speed buying a Car Racing Game are extremely Slim! I just Pointed out a Fact.

Again, I am not Discounting the needs of people who don’t have the Time to GRIND for the In Game Money, its just I also don’t want MTX, as I said, I Personally feel the Race Payouts in Horizon are Far too Low ! even with the VIP Race Payouts, Something I think could Easily be changed by Increasing the Money that is Paid out by the Game, Reducing the Grind, FM7 is said to pay out over 5 Times as Much Money Per Race as FM6 did, so getting FH4 to pay out 5 Times More Money that it currently Does, something that could easily be done with a Patch, would Reduce the Grind Considerably, and negate any “need” for an MTX System!

Yes, it would make Me feel better. The Unbeatable Drivatars are all OVER the Shop on the Goliathl, they go Screaming off at Every Single Bend! so long as the Player can keep it on the Island (admittedly not easy with no Assists) they can get a massive lead over 50 Laps with the “unbeatable” Drivatars Screaming off the Course at Every Single Bend as there are no walls on that Course (it gives the Horrible Impression, at least to Me, that it may have been thrown together in the Route Creator at the last Minute actually) and I don’t tend to use Rewinds anyway outside of Weekly Forzathon.

So I would feel better, as such a Challenge, to Quote Sir Sean Connery, is “Difficult, but not Inshurmountable” , while for Me, anything connected to Multiplayer, is Instantly Insurmountable.

3 Likes

Good job, lock more cars behind almost impossible requirements for people that work and don’t have time to play daily. Lock more cars behind online which is wreckfest with your own teammates crashing you. You don’t listen to the people, instead you try to fight dropping players numbers by forcing people to play the game more to get stuff. First you increased prices in FS, now you lock cars behind some stupid 100% playlist completion. What’s the point of adding 914 and M3 GTR if I have to rely on strangers to be able to get it? Trial and playground is annoying and full of dumb players that thinks it’s fun to ram you but instead of rethinking the whole concept you continue to shove it down our throats. I’m disappointed by your recent actions.

9 Likes

I think it wasn’t normal in old days. You bought a game so you played with the content. It’s not so normal now. Do you want Capri? Sorry, not a chance, bro! Maybe next time with Horizon 5 :smiley: I don’t care about Capri because I don’t see any value in it but it’s with many other cars. I love cruising and can’t cruise with everything even if I invested few hundreds of hours.

2 Likes

by reading most of the comments and when I see somebody saying they wont ever buy another forza game because of it, if you stick to thus statement you will never buy any game ever again
it happens in ALL games to a point , and not everything is available to every player in ALL games,
almost every single game I have played in the last 5 years or so has limited time events that never ever get repeated and the rewards are no longer possible to get
mostly just skins etc but that’s really what the cars in this game are anyway

While it is not some major life altering problem if I miss getting a digital car for not completing some tasks in a game, it is annoying to miss out on something i would like to get because i went away on vacation and didn’t get an air skill and a couple of pass skills by an arbitrary deadline.
At the end of the day as a consumer being annoyed with a product I bought as entertainment makes me less likely to spend my money on this game next time.
If Playground wants to frustrate their customers then that is their choice.

4 Likes

Well, I reckon on this conversation we can just agree to disagree.

There’s a lot of flaws in the game, I personally don’t see trials or playground games as those.

I understand they are not enjoyable for all players, I accept they are impossible for some but this will be true for virtually anything that is challenging.

What I have a problem with is any kind of statement like “Because this is impossible for me personally, it has to be changed for everyone”.

6 Likes

So? You think it’s ok to force multiplayer? Why not give others an alternative in offline play? It’s not like I want stuff for granted but don’t force me to play something I hate if there’s an alternative. And that 100% requirement? I’ll never even touch those cars in real life and now I won’t even have a chance to play them in a darn game, that’s just so fun. You think that “exclusivity” should be the way to go in games? Give me a challenge that I can complete with a smile on my face not a chore that is not fun at all.

3 Likes

I don’t see it as forced multiplayer.

You don’t have to play MP any more than you have to play single, or complete stories or do PR stunts. There are literally hundreds of cars obtainable through SP.

Some rewards are only available in MP? Ok, so you have to live with the fact you either don’t get them or play MP, it really is as simple as that.

The funny thing is that it’s not stated anywhere that those unicorns are locked behind MP forever. Who says they won’t be released as part of SP seasonal some months from now? But nobody seems to care, it’s the fact they are only attainable via MP today that seems to drive everyone nuts. “I want it all and I want it now”.

As I said, we’ll have to agree to disagree, it’s not like either of us is going to convince the other side they are wrong.

5 Likes

You know what, defend those idiotic PG ideas as much as you like, in some month they can shove those cars up their …

5 Likes

It’s not about skill. In a racing game you could have some challenges… it was called bucket lists :smiley: If you do 100 BLs you could get Capri. It’s about skill and racing. Online is mostly about frustration.

3 Likes

Hmmmm, although I missed the stream, reading some of the posts on here is certainly unfortunate. It’s quite clear now, that although they say they listen to the community, for some aspects, they don’t.

As I have stated numerous times, cars should never be locked behind ANY online event. Online is not fun at all. Forza Horizon has plenty of “items” that can be used as rewards that don’t need repeating. Now they are even going further with FORCED online participation. Wow.

If the whole community is saying, stop locking cars, and the presumption is they are “listening”, then who is actually saying “YES, PLEASE LOCK CARS!”. I’ve literally never seen that on these forums.

The more this happens, the more these “Microsoft exclusive” type games are turning into mobile games. This is why they boast about engagement numbers. Now you have to login everyday or you might miss something, they are playing into OCD territory, which is unfortunate for a studio like Playground Games.

11 Likes

We are going to have to Agree to Disagree.

FH4 is a very flawed Title indeed. It could have done with at Least another Year in Development IMO.

Multiplayer, for Me, is not challenging, I have the Skills to be Damn good at MP, I used to Dominate at “Couch Deathmatch” back in the N64 Days, the Problem with MP for Me is the Sheer Toxicity, as well as the massive Anxiety that playing Against People who I cannot see Causes Me (I can see the Drivatars, they are controlled by the Console after all, and its sitting on My TV Stand in plain Sight) causes Me to fly into a Massive Self Injurious Meltdown that leaves Me barely able to Function for Several Hours, and covered in My own Blood as I have gone and ripped My Hands and Arms apart wit My Teeth, I have to avoid Online Multiplayer for the Literal Good of My Mental Health.

However, Given that changing the System so that every single Car is achievable in Single Player would also bring about a Massive Quality of Life Improvement for the Rest of the Games Community (it is a simplem fact that a Lot of the Forza Community does not like FH4’s Multiplayer) by making the game less of a grind, allowing them to do things other than just Grind the Game to Powder all the Time, and would also help Players who have Poor Internet, I cannot understand why you are so Opposed to that Change!

2 Likes

This extension of time-based exclusive events is absolutely ridiculous. I would say more, but I will keep it within the language filters.

The weekly events are not the worst system in the world, although it would be nice if the exclusive cars cycled more frequently into the system (since the auction house is a joke with the cheaters and $20million price tags). What about more than 2 overpriced and recycled cars in the Forzathon shop? How about a few more showing up in wheelspins instead of more pink glitter shoes, purple top hats and '71 AMC Javelins? What about dropping random cars into random “story mode” style side missions, barn finds, or even other achievements? There are a million ways to get exclusive cars into the game that I think people would appreciate.

I work full-time and attend graduate school full-time, so these games are my occasional outlet to maintain my sanity. I certainly do not need a 3rd job of trying to grind though everything to get a car I’m interested in. Fortunately, I’ve already given up on acquiring every car and am starting to figure out how to play the game how I want to - but shouldn’t this game enable that from the beginning?

7 Likes

They have had hard to get unicorn cars since at least forza motorsport 2 and have been every game since
Not sure why people think its only recently just changed
But i guess like most of the world everything needs to be controlled for the minorities

When it comes to cars, it shouldnt matter to devs or other players why. Race, cruise, auction or just sit in garage untouched. It is irrelevant. It is a freeroam game so the fun is playing your way.

Multiplayer? It isnt an issue having multiplayer exclusives. In fact, I would be fine and think it would be better to have the capri FE rank exclusive vs what we got. Match rewards to the playstyle.

My issue on this is that it forces everything. It is heavily time intensive do all the thing so you must play what you hate while also being extremely rigid and strict for time and deadines. It isnt meshed up to play, it isnt promoting any positive aspect of play. It is globally exclusive, not inclusive. It also has zero forgiveness for any issue.

I have never seen in any game ever a sudden death all or nothing reward system like this in 25 years of gaming. At least none I care to remember.

Edit:

Spot on. This isnt skill limited or a case of, “I cannot reach top rank in pvp”. It is a pure, non constructive grind. A bucket list would be awesome!

They should take a look at World of Warships paths to glory. They have many high skill objectives needed to proceed, but offers variability so you can maintain and compliment your play style.

2 Likes