More and more cars completely undrivable

i drive on a keyboard manual style buddy… u definitely need more practice which is throttle and braking control. :slight_smile:

Really not a case of Git Gud. The cars and the handling are wildly inconsistent. Cars that should be easy to drive and stable are not and cars you think that are a handful care very easy.

1 Like

Some cars are difficult because they’re supposed to be. If what you’re looking at channels over 1000 horsepower through two wheels and weighs less than 2000 lbs, take it as a hint that it’s going to try to kill you.

Some cars are difficult because the stock suspension settings are half baked.

1 Like

Homologation. It’s what the O stands for in GTO.

Sorry Op but I’m finding the cars are much easier to drive and tune especially within the Homologation rules.

Keith Romberg: Driving in Forza Motorsport 7 is no different really than any other Forza Motorsport release - we need to understand what the vehicle is capable of doing and what its limits are.

FM7 is NOT GTA or any of those types of games - including Forza Horizon. It is tough to handle FM7 on the courses if you’re used to the other games. FM7 has 60 mile per hour turns, and that’s the limit at which you risk losing control of the vehicles unless you practice, practice and then practice some more.

As I’ve suggested before with people just starting out - take advantage of replays shared in-game for the same tracks/vehicles you are attempting. Those are excellent “tutorials” if you will, so you can see how people are successful. Do your homework for accelerating, braking, cornering, etc., by watching the replays before you attempt whatever course it is.

The game is really a learning experience, just like going onto a real track in a real vehicle. It will humble you, frustrate you, but eventually you can navigate the course.

4 Likes

Very true Snow. Easy to play, difficult to master ;0)

1 Like

People are eager to race, but need to take their time to learn the nuances of the cars and tracks. Somewhere on this forum are complaints that Virginia (VIR) is too tough, doesn’t have flow, etc., but that is racing and learning to DRIVE the course.

I remember (way back when) trying to conquer the old Microsoft Wireless Wheel on the Xbox 360. Got to win! Press the brake pedal HARD! Slam the accelerator down as far as it will go. Getting trail-happy on the straights. Then it dawned on me I would never attempt to drive my real life car that way, so I slowed down in smaller, less-powerful cars.

After about two weeks I did a race on Road Atlanta (I think), and won. I had no fights with the wheel, I had relaxed, and then it all came into focus. I related to some friends about how “easy” it suddenly became to be competitive. I’ve never had the attitude that winning is required, and always did better when I eliminated mistakes or trying to rush through turns instead of being precise - under control.

I’ll never be “fast” but I sure enjoy the competition within myself to improve with each race.

3 Likes

Practice DOES MAKE perfect driving…eventually! I race most everything with unbeatable AI and win easily. I’ve been sim racing a very long time and eventually you realize no matter what sim it is Le Mans drives the same. You will also learn to love the most difficult cars are the most rewarding and fun to drive. My favorites are 60’s Formula One cars and Group C prototypes and FM 7 has a great selection to choose from. I’d suggest you learn Le Mans and master the nuances of the Porsche corners and learn that you CAN run most Group C cars at close to full throttle and control the corner entry with brake tapping and acceleration. Once you learn the fundamentals of race driving it all becmes much easier. VERY IMPORTANT! KNOW your cars limits!!! Exceeding them ALWAYS means bad laps! Once you get it all together your lap times should be consistantly within a second of each other,

For those that are interested thesimpit.com has a full line up of sim racing driving and car setup videos up on youtube. Enjoy, and good racing luck to you.

I try to apply this philosophy to how I drive in every racing game but sometimes it’s tough to maintain patience through it all. It’s natural to want to improve faster, especially when you see the people you race with doing so much better. I’ve raced private meets and leagues with a very good group since FM4. Some of these guys are WAY WAY faster than me. I just try to improve and see if I can increase my standing in the field and be a little closer to them every time. It’s just nice to know that I can share the track with guys who are very good racers and have a good clean race, even if I’m not to the level yet. Getting a wheel recently I’m having to relearn and learn many things but it’s a lot more fun.

-k

Wow… Now Forza is hardest than iRacing… lol
I think you are missing the point guys… The point is stock setups in some cars are a pain for drive and thats is a fact. Yeah they are drivables with assist on or with a pad and a bit of skill but when you pick a wheel you see the problem. Stock setups are crap, a car dont kll you picking a gear to low revs, a GT3 dont kill you in a downhill when you touch the bake… But yeah I know, git gud and forza is The Mastersim of gaming…

You guys crack me up. These are the facts:

Grip levels have increased
Cars are easier to drive with tcs off (mostly)
As a consequence of these 2 factors some cars mostly the 1s that really needed tcs on fm6 like the ultima or the radical are now very awkward to drive. Using tcs on fm7 isn’t as consistant as it was on fm6. To say the people in this post don’t know how to drive is a bit disrespectfull. For all we know they could be posting top 100 times.

My advice is if you need to turn tcs on stop using the car.

@snowowl
To say fm7 is no diffrent to any other forza is simply not true.
Watching replays is great advice but there are no replays anymore. We have a select few leaderboard ghosts to chase but we can no longer pick any track and chase a ghost.

i dont think anyone is saying the cars are hard to drive, or physics is bad. I’m just trying to say that cars are really inconsistent handling model wise. Some cars feel real good while others feel like it just has no downforce or grip. I’m thinking the cars were modeled and not really tested.