Mopar 426 race hemi

I would like to start by saying that I prefer Chevy big blocks and Ford small blocks but I have plenty of respect for mopar power plants.

My main concern is that the Mopar race Hemi is not properly represented in Forza 6.

426 “street” hemi: 10.5:1 compression ratio, iron headers, 425 HP.

This engine was available in the following vehicles in Forza 6:
Dodge Charger R/T
Dodge Challenger R/T
Dodge Coronet R/T
Dodge Challenger Daytona Hemi (production model)
Plymouth GTX
Plymouth Hemi 'Cuda

426 “Race” Hemi: 12.5:1 compression ratio, steel tube headers, faster cams, cross ram intake, somewhere between 500 and 600 HP.

Cars in Forza 6 with this engine are the following:
68 Dodge Dart Hemi Super Stock.

This particular car in Forza 6 is rated at only 425 HP just like the street hemi but the compression ratio alone would make it much more powerful. If you look under the hood scoop you can see the diagonally opposed air cleaners on the cross ram intake which means it definitely has the race hemi.

It’s unfortunate that the race hemi was not given the proper specifications and representation as its only available in the 68 Dart in game. But that particular engine was a legend on drag strips and in NASCAR. So much so that it was quickly banned because it was too powerful.

This post is meant to drive awareness to the devs that the race hemi needs at the very least to have the correct horsepower and torque outputs.

1 Like