Microsoft Store Sept. 26/27 FM6 contest, DLC, and discounts

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_start_your_engines
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/locations/all-locations

Is the challenge available in your area? Are you participating? Bummed that its not available in the Houston area. Checked out Galleria and Baybrook Mall stores on Microsoft Store locator page. It was not listed under the events tab. Hope you had or will have a blast at it. It would have been cool to try out the setup after work. See the link below or article excerpt for more information.

"The Microsoft Stores in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada are celebrating the launch of Forza Motorsport 6 with exclusive in-store experiences and discounts.

Select stores are hosting a Forza Motorsport 6 Challenge on Saturday, Sept. 26 and Sunday, Sept. 27. Fans can visit their local store to take a run on the Rio Track in the Ford GT Mustang with the Playseat Forza Motorsport Racing Seat and the Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition. Log the fastest time and you’ll be rewarded with a prize pack from Forza and Thrustmaster.

Fans can also get a 25 percent discount on the Playseat Forza Motorsport Racing Seat and the Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition, in addition to exclusive downloadable content – the Ford GT Mustang."

I went to my Microsoft Store today for the competition. I don’t know where the miscommunication was but in this store the challenge was with the new Ford GT (not the Mustang - the Team Forza version was a retailer bonus car from MS, which may have been the source of confusion) on Rio Full, in a field of drivatars. We were only allowed one lap time attempt with one restart in case of a bad traffic accident (which everyone suffered). You could change the camera view but couldn’t change the assists, which were full racing line and auto transmission. The best time of the day was 2:36 and I only managed a 2:50 after being spun out and pinned to a wall.

I did not have any previous wheel or pedal experience with Forza before today. I’m hoping the settings were not the way they should be, because I didn’t get a feel for the appeal of these peripherals. The gas and brake never quite gave me a sense of where 100% input was to compensate I felt like I was pressing hard enough I might break the rig. Steering seemed to lose all FFB sensation at large turning angles. I would have preferred the challenge on controller, but it was related to Thrustmaster and everyone drove under the same conditions, so what can you do but try and accept the results.

There was a big crowd there and it was pretty fun hearing buddies of the drivers cheer them on and then throw up their hands when they crashed.

Max,

My guess, given the environment, was not only were the wheel/pedals not calibrated before the store opened, but deadzones were default too. $0.02.

Toni