Mentality of some Forza players

Maybe you are, maybe you’re not. But just because you might be faster than me or “99.5% of other players” doesn’t make you “more right” than anyone else. It is comically ironic that you would turn this into a platform about you and your skills…

Seems exactly the attitude that leads to idiots ruining games for people - the me first, I’m special and nobody else is attitude.

3 Likes

I wasn’t saying that those games didn’t require skill and good reactions; they do. But neither of those games encourage racing ettiqute and they have extremely arcadey physics. Bringing that kind of playstyle over to a racing sim (and it’s easy to tell who’s doing that in a lobby) will cause chaos no matter how good you are at said games.

1 Like

Says the problem is millennials and their “everyone gets a participation trophy” mentality.
Says people should focus more on participating, rather than winning.

Well it looks to me as though you’re a closeted millennial.

And you turned this into a platform about your hate for those darn millennials. I would expect nothing less from a Gen-X’r.

See? I can nonsensically point fingers too.

2 Likes

If you want to kick and whine about the game, fine. All I’m trying to say is there are kids who play this game and play it fairly. How about you look at this as a game issue and not a player group issue. Notice the part about where I mentioned being ‘clean.’ I’m assuming you purposely left that out. For a person complaining about racing ediquette and respect one would think that clean driving would be a priority for you. I guess that didn’t fit into your narrative that “millenials are the problem with this game.”

Why don’t we just BAN kids from this game! I’m sure those old guys who are playing drunk into the wee hours of the morning aren’t causing any problems online. Give me a break!

The true problem with this game is the attitude that you are somehow more intelligent and more sufficient in skill because of your age.

2 Likes

I left out the “clean” because I felt it’s difficult to meaure “clean”. That seems to be a trait that you either are or are not.

My rant against “millenials” was certainly off the mark, just a rash generalization. I’ve raced with plenty of people who fall into the “millennial” category and they’re perfectly well behaved and mature. I think I turned the issue into attacking too wide a range of people more out of frustration than anything.

What I described is generally meant to describe the attitude of a group of people. Who knows, maybe they’re my age and act like this - which would be even more inexcusable. It’s impossible to tell unless you talk to them, which isn’t a priority on my list after I’ve had a raced wrecked by someone.

I “whine” about other people’s behavior, not the game. The game doesn’t make people bash their way to 1st place, or scream into the microphone about “cheates” and what-ever colorful words they use to express their anger over being beaten in a race. That’s certainly not me.

If you’re not one of these people you should be as angry at them as everyone else.

I’m guessing Horsion will attract most of the whiners and wreckers and leave the FM6 Lobbies will clean and full of people who just want somea good ol’ racing

2 Likes

I’ve had good evenings where I dominated for a string of races and I’ve never been talked at about it (I don’t have a mic, can’t talk back).

I’ve been in hoppers where someone else is running circles around everyone and it’s rare that anyone says anything about it.

1 Like

Most millenials are no longer kids… Fun fact.

1 Like

Blaming an age group isn’t helping. I’ve noticed bad sportsmanship from all age groups.
If you want to race properly you will.

3 Likes

Not being an online player, it’s hard to say exactly what THE issue is.

Over the years I’ve tried, allbeit unsuccessfully, to enjoy online gameplay. Not due to any age factor or pigeonholing age factor, but due to main one major issue.

That being, immaturity of certain gamers. This is not to say all are immature by any means. It’s easy to find younger gamers that have a better attitude and more mature outlook than some other players that eclipse their younger players by a decade or more.

Then there’s the older players that do as they say. Run clean racing and have a mature attitude.

In all this, no mater what the age is, is the ability to look at things and assess the situation with a mature attitude in mind.

While there’s a huge number of gamers that come from games ment to be played in a totally different mindset. There’s also the gamers coming to the game that have become tired of just that sort of mindset, and they need educating in the usual curtisiies that are prevelant in a game like Forza Motorsports (not Horizons) or other racing dims or semi-sims, which is where Forza Motorsports resides.

Of, and it’s a huge IF, if Turn 10 included an additional segment in the prelude othe game where every new gamers was introduced to the basic racing etiquettes and principles that are needed in order to be great racers. Much like any newcomer to real world racers do.

They are required to achieve certain levels of achievement in order to move forward to the upper levels.

That sort of thing would never happen in a mass market game that’s aimed at selling millions of copies globally.

In the end, if comes down to OUR OWN ATTITUDES to other players. That attitude then biomes infectious and emirates to others around you (read us). If we do our level best to being polite, fair, honest and above all, MATURE, then that is what we will have returned to us ten fold.

Have a poor attitude, act immaturely and that top will come our way.

Ask yourself, how can I turn this around in a mature and adult manner, then act on that.

OZ

I raced a guy last night whom I passed cleanly 3 times only to be immediately no-braked from 100ft back each time. He wasn’t just wrecking, he was trying to race, was moderately fast and was running near the front, so I assumed that he’d mistaken me for someone else who had rammed him previously, either earlier in that race or in a previous race, and he was either taking revenge or ramming out of mistaken self-defense.

So at the end I messaged him and simply said “why?” The response I got was “because I can LOLOLOL”

That, in a nutshell, is what you’re up against when playing multiplayer.

3 Likes

A perfect example of immaturity, not age.

Irrespective of his/her age, it’s the attitude that raises its ugly, but ever present head…immaturity.

OZ

^^^^^^
Exactly.
If there are no rules…
Oh wait the community need to police themselves. …

Unfortunately there are afew “fast” guys with 3 letters before there names who think its there divine right to be upfront, (One Brazilian team in particular) no matter what. So they just barge there way through. My patience has cost me afew times.

I think the hoppers get alot of stick, but to be honest I don’t have to many problems. Obviously you get the odd rammer, but recently they haven’t been the crash fests they were.

Yep. FRF. Well, with exception to the 2 fastest guys on the team. There’s a certain Spanish group that does similar but the 3 letters changes more than the weather.

I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt but that went out the window real quick. I wont even be in a lobby with most of them anymore. Its bad enough they hit you but most are lagging so when they make contact you go flying.

1 Like

Right everybody pull your heads in I’m sick I’m hearing bs.the noobs are always going to ram you and block you till the cows come home we are all guilty of taking matters into our own hands. I know most in this discussion I know you are all clean and fast but we make mistakes and loose our cool but deep down we know who are the fast racers and who are not.We also know who are the dirty racers and who are not.Forza will never be clean online and it never will be but the good guys that make this game worth playing online must stick together.As much as I hate the noobs that play this.When I’m racing my team or racing somebody or several fast guys in a lobby that what makes me keep playing forza.Most of the network are idiots but are small few keep us all playing and that small few in why we get on and race.

Initially wasn’t this thread referring to people being belligerent in online chat - swearing and accusing faster racers of being cheaters?

I knew what you meant by it; some people have a certain mentality that fits the millennial stereotype. They’re unbearable little pricks. But being a millennial myself, I get tired of my generation always being blamed for everything.

Of course, the baby boomers blamed gen x, gen x blamed the millennials, and the millennials will blame whoever comes next. It’s the circle of strife.

Yep, but most threads devolve into the “I hate wreckers” topic.

I was there that night in question , ppl in the lobby where crashing us and as we could see the mics flashing in the lobby screen we decided to switch to game chat and listen , I was shocked to hear a large group talking about us using moded cars and cheating, they also where talking about planning there attacks on us for the next race , sfoto was in the lobby for a short while and raced clean , saved replays shared on forza TV called sat1 , sat2 , sat3 , sat4 all taken on the same night of ppl wrecking us , enjoy