MAY THE FORZA BE WITH YOU ACHIEVEMENT

I have forza horizon on my xbox one i did start the rest off the forza series but ther seems to be a issue with getting this achievement because of the backward compatibility can any one shed any ideas on how i could possibly unlock it without having to start it all over again on the xbox 360 as thus far its the only way that might work cheers guys

This is purely a suggestion, and I have no personal knowledge as to whether or not it will work (I’ll be testing in the coming weeks myself; but for now, the theory seems solid and there is anecdotal evidence online that this process will work for you).

As follows:

On your Xbox One:

1. Exit the game.
  2. Log out of Xbox Live.
  3. Shut down your Xbox One.

On your Xbox 360:

1. Insert a blank USB thumbdrive, and format it for usage with your Xbox 360.
  2. Settings → Storage → Cloud Storage → Forza Horizon, transfer your saved game to the USB thumbdrive.
  3. Remove the USB thumbdrive from the Xbox 360.
  4. Settings → Storage, verify that no additional Forza Horizon save files exist on your internal storage device, internal hard drive, cloud storage, or in any other location.

This should leave you with a “pristine” save state (no Forza Horizon saves actually existing anywhere).

1. Launch Forza Motorsport 4, and ensure your saved game is in Cloud Storage (if it is not, move it there and then re-launch the game). The goal is to make sure that your Forza Motorsport 4 save file is online—and of course, make sure you’ve achieved at least Level 1 in that save file.

2. Quit Forza Motorsport 4.

3. Launch Forza Horizon, and create a new save file in Cloud Storage.

4. Play Forza Horizon until you’ve obtained your yellow wristband; at that point, you should get prompted that you have Loyalty Cars available in the Garage. Download them, and you will (hopefully) obtain the “May the Forza Be With You” achievement.

Once you’ve gone to all of this trouble (and whether or not it actually does the job of getting you the achievement), you would then just delete the save file you’d created with this process, then transfer your “proper” save file from the USB thumbdrive, back into Cloud Storage on the Xbox 360. Once you’ve shutdown the Xbox 360 and re-launch Forza Horizon on the Xbox One, your save file should come back through Xbox Live and be playable again on either platform.

Good luck to you! For more info, including a video of the process, see the following link:

1 Like

I am having trouble with this and it’s really starting to annoy me. I have followed guides and videos. I have good progress on forza horizon ( xbox one digital backwards title ) that I’m not prepared to delete.
I tried the tip above where I used a USB in my xbox 360 to store the save for safe keeping. I made sure there were no other traces of forza horizon on hard drive or cloud. However when I went back to the xbox one, thinking I would start over, somehow it recovered my save out of [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] knows where. I can’t seem to simply start a new forza horizon game.
Plus furthermore, I have moved both forza motorsport 3 AND forza motorsport 4 save files to cloud storage. They are both several driver levels into the game. When I view the physical entries in the cloud, it says they are ‘in sync’. If I try to play forza motorsport 4 off the cloud it says ‘cloud storage isn’t available’ along with an error code I can’t recall right now. This tells me forza motorsport 3 and 4 both aren’t compatible with cloud storage as they clearly aren’t syncing. The saves have been moved to the cloud yet they aren’t actually ‘online’. Plus my current forza horizon save just won’t seem to step aside. [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] can Xbox please hurry along and make FM 3 and 4 backwards compatible as I think that will do it.