Lost all progress/data

I was prompted when starting Forza today that I had a mismatch on my profile 12/6/15 on local and 6/12/15 on Live. I chose to try and sync the newer save but it looks like that save was corrupt as when I start I now have nothing on my profile. I tried deleting the local save now but it looks like it has overwritten my live save now so it will not pull down my save data. The only thing I can think that caused this was when there was a live outage before Christmas I tried playing the game but it wouldn’t let me due to being offline.

Is there anyway to restore the data as I had out 50+hours into it and unlocked lots of mods and was over level 100. It’s a bit stupid the game allows you to overwrite a legitimate save in this way to be honest and I’m pretty frustrated right now. I tried searching the forums but there seems to be no answer which is rather disconcerting as this has happened to quite a few people.

Spoke to Xbox support who couldn’t help other than have me redownload my profile and sync the corrupted cloud save back again. All in all its appalling that this can happen, I’m done with F6, not that Turn 10 or Microsoft care now that they have my money. Apparently Microsoft have no backup service on there cloud servers, call me cynical but that’s obviously garbage!

I have the exact same problem! Xbox support couldn’t help me. They redirected me to this forum.

I´ve did the re-downloading of profile and so on but all my played data is gone.

There must be some way to restore an older save from the cloud?

If you get it fixed, please tell me.

Similar thing almost happened to me with the recent FM6 update. The update started to download, stopped itself halfway through, then wouldn’t complete, so I restarted my Xbox. The download started again, paused, started again, and stopped at like 55%. I restarted my Xbox again because it kept saying FM6 was not working and/or corrupt, but it finally showed the update as complete and the game started…but then the Forza Hub stopped working for like 10 minutes. This game is ridiculous and T10 has like no customer support contact; no phone number, no manned e-mail account (it only auto-replies), and staff rarely reply on here via messages or through the threads.

These download/file issues are the worst because they literally prevent people from playing a game they paid for.

Obviously it’s not a concern for MS or Turn 10, it’s infuriating.

“Restarting” your Xbox One is NOT a full, hard reset. When people do it incorrectly, they’re only getting the same results over and over.

This is the proper method, as posted many times before:

1 – from the Dashboard, out of all games, hold the X button on the front of the console down until it shuts the system down.
2 – Disconnect the external power from the wall plug (or at least disconnect the wall-side connector on the power pack itself).
3 – WAIT until all power drains from the external power pack (no light, either white or dull orange showing on the pack), then remove the PSU-to-Console connection from the back of the Xbox One.
4 – After about three minutes, reconnect the plug to the console followed by the power supply to the electrical outlet.
5 – Restart the console in the usual manner, i.e., either with the controller or a short push on the X button on the front of the X1.
6 – WAIT until the console self-checks and fully boots to the Dashboard before attempting anything.

If you don’t disconnect the external power pack and let the power completely drain out, the system is still retaining “old” stuff and not resetting. If there are any updates (system or games) following the reset, let them complete 100% before attempting to play any game even if it says “Ready to start” in the downloading queue.