Logitech g923 and adaptive controller

First, I want to preface this by saying I’m not sure if it’s meant to be here, so it needs to be moved or deleted; feel free.

As a disabled gamer, I can’t use the pedals on my steering wheel, so I have the Xbox adaptive controller as my brake and accelerator, but for whatever reason, even though the buttons are remapped to the correct settings, whenever I press the accelerator on the adaptive controller I can’t steer using my steering wheel the steering only kicks in when the car slows down to a crawl.

I think this a problem of how FH5 set’s up controllers. The game disables other controllers when you switch. So if you hit the keyboard, your wheel stops working, touch your wheel and the controller stops working. I’ve ran into problems with this with mapping, as it wants my wheel to be fully set up as a controller with their required buttons, ie I can’t set up the joystick to look around. Unlike most PC racing games, the inputs and outputs are not fully customizable to have different pieces do different things.

I don’t think there is a short term solution, but as a disabled player, I would think it’s worth reaching out to them that you aren’t able to play with a wheel because of this. I wouldn’t be sure of the best contact method, but a support ticket at the very least. It’s not something likely to be solved quickly, but given the focus on accessibility in this game, it may become a higher priority than other minor complaint/bug tickets.

If you have the means to upgrade your wheel, moving to Fanatec with the McClaren GT3 wheel is an option for short term as that wheel has analog paddles underneath the shifter paddles that can be set to work as the brake and pedals nativley (ie they are recognized as the pedals by the receiving game and in the controller software). It’s not a cheap transition though.