limits on paints/tunes

So why in this day and age, do we still not have enough allowance for tunes and paints ?

Logically we should have enough space for at least 1.5 times the amount of cars for tunes and paints. ( we may have one car with different tunes or multiples of said car with different tunes/paints).

If they were that concerned about cloud storage space, why not fix the system ? I have tunes up that I pulled and updated or just shared with a friend then took down, that apparently are still up.

I know there are several other issues they are working through, but by now I would have thought this would have been implemented in new games, is the upcoming Forza Motorsport likely to be similarly affected ?

4 Likes

Have you filled them already? How many of each can you have?

I haven’t, a friend has filled both paints and tunes.
He, like me, has all cars with the exception of a couple of hard to get ones, and has been working through them by doing 10 lap races in each car, downloading paints and tunes as he goes.
I think he got up to Porsche before he ran into issues.

He has had to resort to deleting the tune file which will keep the tune on unless its changed, but you can’t do that with paints as it removes them.

I am concerned as a tuner as to how many cars I can tune before I have to stop !

With tunes you could delete them if they are shared, then download them when you need them. Deleting tunes doesn’t unshare them.

1 Like

If you don’t share your tunes you don’t need to save in the first place,just tune the car.

1 Like

Yeah, oh man welcome to my biggest gripe on FH4. The limitations are so ridiculous, you could think that the server hosting it belongs to a company of 10 people that cant afford a decent storage system. lol.

Reminder that Sony gave Gran Turismo Sport players a whopping 1,000 save slots for paints. In a game that will end support with around 340 cars.

Forza Horizon should’ve had 1,500 slots at the very least.

3 Likes

That would be FH3 needed that.
And FH4 said game engine couldn’t do more.
Thank god we have an all new engine…wait, what?

a note about paints (especially for painters): when you update your livery and save it to the same car, the old livery will disappear from your collection but will still be available for download. i have used this method in the past for FH4 and have been doing the same in this game. another thing: if you don’t mind having pre-owned cars and spending the coin, you can check the auction house for cars with a particular livery already applied and it won’t take up a slot in your livery collection. the same can be said about tunes, although it is a rare thing indeed to find the livery and tune that you want on the same car. i agree that the limit is too low and should be tripled as many cars that i like i have multiples of in different configurations and liveries. it’s a shame that to get many of the liveries or tunes that i like i have to go to the auction house to get them and rob the OG creators of a download and like, but as a painter and tuner myself i need every slot i can get.

They seem to be trying to do everything possible to make this the worst Forza ever, and I believe they succeeded.

2 Likes

Yup, I sit at 533 liveries and can’t do any more. They are all shared.

Hit this about 1-2 months ago.

It’s pathetic.

Yep this can be a little frustrating. I like to paint and tune every car I use and then some. I’m constantly having to delete older liveries and tunes so I can save new ones. AFAIK the limit for tunes and paints is 500. Considering we can have 1000 cars, or so I believe, it should at least match this number.

Here’s a thread I started about a month ago, and in the first post, there is a solution that would work within the current framework. (Nothing would need to be added to their “database” layout)

Do you know how big save file would be?
When I got Series X and I had to download FH4 save from cloud. It took roughly 30 minutes with 100 Mbit/s connection.

Well, hopefully they address this in the next Motorsport or Horizon…

Not enough spots for at least each individual car, how lame.

I want to add to this discussion as I too feel a bit hesitant to download tunes and liveries to vehicles in my garage knowing that I will soon hit a limit that will force me to make some tough decision on deleting tunes and graphics that I have spent a lot of time on.

Add my voice to that of those that already hit the ceiling and are dissapointed by the fact this limitation seems very disproportionate considering how many cars end up accumulating in a user’s garage. The limit of tunes and designs should be 1.5 or 2 times the quantity of available vehicles in the game. And I find it hard to believe that this limitation would break anything, storage-wize, I would be fine with using up my own storage space in order to make this possible (if that isn’t already the case).

Big Big Big feature request here. :pray:t3:

1 Like

It’s around that because each car you have already uses some of that space. Limit is there because of maximum size limit on cloud saves. There are multiple reasons for maximum size like data caps which are still used in some parts of world.

I understand if devs can’t increase the limit for designs or tunes, but why can’t you make a more effective system for deleting your current tunes instead of having to go into each car and guessing which of your 500+ cars have saved tunes? (Why not do something similar to the “My Designs” section.) but instead of resetting you back to the start when you delete a file, make your position stay at the last viewed file so you don’t have to keep re -scrolling through hundreds of files to get back to where you were.

2 Likes

30 MB is nothing in the modern age. If what you say is true, you would need 10,000 tunes or (at worst) 1000 liveries saved in order to take up a single GB. Considering the game is well over 100 GB, I think we can afford the hard drive space.

1 Like

Well if I’m being totally honest, I don’t care about their server situation.

We’re not talking about a struggling indie company here. This is just cheaping out. Yes I realize that the cost scales up a lot when we talk about supporting that save data for each and every player, but that’s no excuse for not properly supporting the game that they made.