LEGO update crashes game on PC

Ever since the LEGO update, the game will not load. Gets to the initial load image of the back driver side profile of the blue mclaren and then crashes. Update 9 constantly crashes my game. Update 10 only occasionally and now LEGO update and I can’t even load the game.

1 Like

Have you finished downloading the patch for the main game? because the same thing happened to me, but when that finished, the game started like it should.

I need help too my crashes 3 time and one of those time I was getting the lego siena now is not on my car list am stuck now I cant get the car because I have to start again and theres no way that can delete the save data of the expansion and start again heeeeeeelpppppppppppppppp please!!!

im in the exact same boat ive tried reinstall everything drivers game even reinstalled windows 10 and still wont launch it more than the splash screen and i hope that my save data will sync when they fix it because i never could find mine. Hopefully we can get this problem fixed soon so the 10 or 15 ppl i know having this problem can play the expansion. Ive made a ticket aswell about it

Credit to “Hear Alan Watts” for this suggestion, which fixed the issue for me. Note that the pictures didn’t work in his thread either, but the description is enough.

I have found a way around it myself but I have no clue if it works for everyone yet.

First I made sure to go into apps in my settings.
Image 1

Then to FH4 (clicked advanced options)
Image 2

chose to terminate the app. I then reset the app in order to force it to re sync my save data upon next launch.
Image 3

Second I scrolled through the DLC list that shows in the same area where I previously terminated and reset FH4. Chose the Lego DLC and then uninstalled it.
Image 4

(Next part may not be necessary), in the app selections area where you find FH4
Image 5

I also went to the Microsoft Store app and terminated it.
Image 6

Third, just go to the Microsoft Store app and download the Lego DLC again.
Image 7

(If the images do not load, here they are in chronological order.)

Upon launching the game, I made sure not to fly through the menus. I waited a bit before hitting start, then also waited a bit before hitting continue. (Important) Once you have done this, it should load you in to the Lego DLC itself. Immediately pause your game, go to the part of your menu that allows you to travel to the mainland, or just drive to the teleport on the Lego map. When you load the mainland, head straight to the garage. There should be something at the bottom of the screen that says “set as home” or something along those lines. Push that button and play on the mainland for a bit, or head to the Lego island. After a while, close your game and reopen it. You should load fine after this has been done.

~Basically the problem is having the Lego island DLC being your spawn point, I have found that if you can change that by any means. It’s sad but that’s what I have come to realize.~

I thought the lego expansion is the real problem here. Because after my game crash on 2 days ago. Until today I try to re-install a whole game again. But without lego expansion install.

And the game perfectly works! But after that, I just try to install lego expansion again and boom! My game starting to crash again when I just select continued from the main menu.

Seriously this expansion needs to fix right now. I didn’t pay my money for this… I don’t want to watch the DLC from my library I want to play them…

Same exact problem here…ive been able to play the lego dlc for an hour yesterday on my pc… no problem…today when i try to launch the game it load when i press continue it load and crash at the same exact place each time… its very frustrating…
Intel i7 7700k
16gb ram
Gtx 1070
Everything is up to date (windows, nvidia driver, ect)
If someone found a workaround to be able to play it again let us know, i will if i ever found a solution
Thanks

happy to know i am not only one :smiley: :@ i’ll try to uninstall LEGO!