Leaderboards Poll: Have your say!

Are you happy with the current state of the leaderboards?

• Yes
  • No
  • I don’t mind

0 voters

Would you like all leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes
  • No
  • I don’t mind
  • Other

0 voters

Would you like all leaderboards to regularly reset every few months?

• Yes
  • Yes but I also want to keep existing leaderboards
  • No

0 voters

How often would you like leaderboards to reset?

• Every month
  • Every 3 months
  • Every 6 months
  • Every 12 months
  • Never

0 voters

If leaderboards were reset regularly, what rewards would you like to receive for being in the top %? Select up to 2.

• Badges
  • Accolades
  • Credits
  • Cars
  • Liveries
  • Nothing
  • Other

0 voters

Would you like separate leaderboards for each car class such as a-class, b-class, etc?

• Yes
  • No
  • I don’t mind
  • Other

0 voters

Would you like more filters added to leaderboards? If so comment below what filters you would like.

• Yes
  • No
  • I don’t mind
  • Other

0 voters

What do you feel strongly about this poll? Select up to 4

• One off reset of leaderboards
  • Regular reset of leaderboards
  • Separate leaderboards for each car class
  • Additional filters on leaderboards
  • Nothing

0 voters

So far the polls indicate that players unanimously agree on and feel strongly about the following:

1. Players are unhappy with the current state of the leaderboards. This comes to no surprise due to the complaints since day 1.
  2. Players want more filters added to leaderboards. Poll doesn’t go into detail around which filters should be added but @Quadro40k touches on this topic here: Let's talk Leaderboards
  3. Players would like separate leaderboards based on car classes for danger signs, etc

Aside from this, the polls show that not many people feel strongly for a one off leaderboard reset which is surprising since over 50% so far have voted yes to all leaderboards being reset. I believe players much prefer the developers address this issue by cleaning up the leaderboards and preventing cheat/hack times from reoccurring. And that if this was not possible then players might settle for a one off reset of leaderboard times but this is also not desirable for many who have invested countless hours to date achieving their current placings on leaderboards.

It’s also clear that players are strongly against the idea of leaderboards regularly resetting. This is my failing. What I was trying to propose was the idea of having 2 main leaderboards. The current all-time leaderboard which remains unchanged, but a new set of leaderboards which reset every few months and prizes given to everyone based on their overall placings.

There’s also a decent portion of players who don’t feel strongly about anything in this poll.

Do you agree with this summary? If not comment below.

• Yes
  • No
  • Kind of

0 voters

1 Like

I put badges and other for the rewards, the other being items of clothing or emotes.

1 Like

I would like to see a method implemented to prevent ridiculous values getting into the leaderboard

5 Likes

I think it would be nice to be able to filter for drive type, manufacturer, year, even individual make and model of car. More advanced filters like aspiration type, tire type, displacement, etc. would be interesting too, but maybe unnecessary and probably much more difficult/impossible to implement.

1 Like

Maybe paint colour too, as everyone knows red cars are faster.

1 Like

Leaderboards only matter when comparing my results with friends. I don’t think any of my friends cheated so I’m ok with it. And so are my friends. A leaderboard wipe would only ruin our experience so far. On some track we spent days to improve our times for a fraction of a second. Not to mention all the work in building cars and tune them for that specific event.
I would stop caring for any leaderboard even if they wipe it once. Every now and than is even more absurd.
However I don’t mind having more leaderboards like for Monthly Rivals. Just leave the ones already in the game alone.

2 Likes

I’m with you. I would keep the current leaderboard but I would also introduce new leaderboards. And I would make the new leaderboards reset regularly and be the default view. Then again I would prefer they clean up cheated times.

1 Like

It’s probably just me but I don’t follow what you mean by “separate leaderboards by class”. Isn’t that exactly what we have now?

Edit - ah, you probably mean danger signs etc, whereas I only think of leaderboards as Rivals. I understand now.

2 Likes

I’d be in favour of a one-off leaderboard wipe, even though I’d lose some times I put some effort into, if PGG has a way to then keep cheat levels down to a minimum thereafter and/or will then do a good job of actively reviewing and removing cheat times regularly.

1 Like

I want a legit leaderboard as much as anyone else. Getting there is something impossible imo unless you come up with a program to prevent cheating in the first place. But even than you will have to deal with bugs too.

1 Like

No point wiping the leaderboards when there is still plenty of cheat users in the game.

I want a leaderboard for Open Racing championships, and how many wins we have had. Couldn’t find one.

See post 2 for my summary based on the results so far. Vote if you agree: Leaderboards Poll: Have your say! - #2 by anonyyymous

This is too competitive for PGG. A participation trophy is the best we will get in this game, without a significant rethink of ethos by the devs.

2 Likes

You just earnt the agreement badge for agreeing with another player :rofl:

This thread is about data, the awards part of the thread is not relevant. Rewards for leaderboards is unlikely to happen… too many cheats.

Yes, I’m aware of what you are talking about. I’m in agreement that a leaderboard for online wins would be good.

However, as it stands, the “leaderboard” for online is purely participation based - the more you play the more points you get. There is no way to compare how well you are doing in online racing to someone else. Indeed, you can no longer even see your own win-loss stats, which were part of the stats data in FH4.

PGG is extremely reluctant to add anything which is in any way based on skill/talent, which could make people who aren’t good at the game feel “sad”. It’s ridiculous and an awful way to run a racing game but it’s obviously their approach to FH5.

2 Likes

They have never said that they don’t want to make people sad by looking at other people winning. It sounds very unlikely to me that they think that way.

I’m paraphrasing what Mike Brown said as a reason for not including ranked racing:

Henceforth, Brown talked about the removal of ranked modes in Forza Horizon 5, which to his perspective seemed to have been promoting a competitive motive that turned a bit toxic for the players. Mike Brown thinks that the ranking system is something that is good, however, it has a dark side. The negative feeling of coming second than first is something that Brown doesn’t want players to have, which led to the complete removal of it in Forza Horizon 5.

1 Like