Leaderboards not working and servers not available

For the past several days, the Leaderboards for this game have not been working and the servers have been off, making it impossible to gain the XP during online playing and use several other features. Is this related to Series being launched (I’ve also experienced similar problems in other games), or is it the problem with this game? When and will will it be fixed?

3 Likes

Today when I tried to leave the car club I am in, it notified me that the servers are down. Is this a recurring problem at the moment, and are the servers going to be closed permanently?

1 Like

We need the servers on Forza Horizon to go back up. We still have a strong, active community on Forza Horizon. Many people are willing to still play online and have fun. We need clubs back to, because it removed all of us from our clubs. We still like to share cars in our club garages and drive them. We are also getting more people installing Forza Horizon to play with all of us and have fun. I’ve played this game since brand new. I still want to see this game thrive with enjoyment and fun. So please, put the servers back up, that’s all I can ask for.

2 Likes

Clubs seem to have been deleted. Everyone who still loves the game please [Mod Edit - the forzafb email has been superseded by the Forza Support site; submit a feedback ticket - MM] and let them know how much it means to you. Do not let them break back compatibilty promises by turning the servers off.

Please take 5 minutes and email them, it’s our only chance.

2 Likes

Haven’t played FH1 since 4 years and just came back to see the servers down, terrible timing. I really hope they haven’t shut them down for good, that would be a real shame.

Already submitted a ticket, so let’s hope for the best. This is my favorite Horizon game in the franchise, it will be very disappointing if they pulled the plug on the servers for good without any warning.

1 Like

Yeah, regarding the backwards compatibility promises. Surely we’re not seeing the backtracking on “keeping the servers going for all first-party games for the indefinite amount of time”? And without any prior warning, to boot?
I’ve sent Support Tickets for both Horizon and Motorsport 3, and I encourage you to do the same - the more people voice their opinion on the problem, the better. Let’s see what the replies will be.

2 Likes

Where did you see that quote about “keeping the the servers going”? I thought I had heard something similar but can’t find it now.

And… This is the reply I got.

"Hello,

Please try the following things for the platform you’re playing on and try to sync your save after each step:

PC
If possible try to load your save on a different device. (A different PC or Xbox)
Please restart your PC then load your game to sync data.
Please try to manually update the game and any DLC using the Microsoft Store.
UWP Reset Application
Windows>Settings>Applications>title>Advanced Options>Reset
Perform a Windows Store reset
Uninstall Forza
Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog.
Type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.
The WSReset tool resets the Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps.
A command prompt will now open without any message. After about 30 seconds, the command prompt will automatically close, and the Microsoft Store app will open.
Install Forza

Xbox
If possible try to load your save on a different device. (A different PC or Xbox)
Make sure the console has the most up to date OS version installed.

Please try manually updating the game and any DLC using the Store/Games & Apps.
Try pressing and holding the power button on your console until it turns off, unplug it from the power supply for 10 minutes, plug it back in and see if it continues.

Resync your save to the cloud?
Go to Manage Game > Saved Data > your profile > Delete from console.
Do not select Delete from Everywhere as this will delete ALL of your data.
Relaunch the game and let it sync to the cloud.
Reset your console by going to the system’s settings, console info, reset console and choose the option “Reset and keep my games & apps”

Uninstall then reinstall the game and any DLC.
Uninstall the game. After the game is uninstalled, uninstall a couple different games/apps or install some games/apps so that when you reinstall the game, it’s installed to a different part of the HDD.

If you get the message to pick between save files please note the wording is confusing. The date is when the save was created, not when it was last saved.

Thanks,

Forza Support Team"

So everything is OK, the servers are working as they should and provide the full functionality and the problem is, of course, on our end. Which gives a perfect opportunity to continue keeping silent and not provide a fix.
Nice Customer Support here.

1 Like

I got a different reply:

Hello,

There appears to be an outage causing issues across the service.

To check the status please visit: PlayFab Status - Multiplayer servers are experiencing issues - [optional: region]
Xbox Live Status: Xbox Support
Down Detector: https://downdetector.com/status/forza-motorsport/

You can also check our support twitter for updates: @Forza_Support

The fact that they’re not blaming me is a good sign, but who knows. Keeping on waiting.

1 Like

That’s better and this, at least, shows that they’re aware and aren’t just giving out canned replies not related to the issue at all. Nothing to do, but wait, for now.

2 Likes

For anyone wondering how to submit a ticket go to support.forzamotorsport.net and click legacy titles. Go to Forza Horizon 1 and then click not seeing any articles. Submit a ticket from there. Remind them they have committed to backwards compatibility and that the game is a first party, crown jewel franchise. Let them know how active and friendly the community still is after all these years.

I’ve sent mine in, awaiting a response.

1 Like

I remember reading this being said by either a Microsoft representative or Phil Spencer himself, but am also not able to locate the exact quote. And speaking of the current situation, there’s an update I got from the Support (and had my ticket marked as “Solved”):

"This is an issue that is currently being investigated. I’ve added your information to our current bug report so the developers are aware. This ticket will be marked as “Solved” as we do not require any further information from you at this time. Please, keep an eye on the support site known issues list for updates.

Thank you,
S5 Flare"

So yes, the issue, at least, appears to be worked on. Here’s hoping that it will actually be solved.

1 Like

I received the same message as above. Hopefully it is just Series X related and in a week or two it will all be back to normal.

That’s what I’m thinking, too, because, as I mentioned in my original post, I’ve started getting similar errors that weren’t there before in other games (like, “Xbox Live Connection Has Been Lost”) and I’m even getting an error when logging in to my Microsoft account on Xbox.com and have to reload the page to be able to access it. Hope that it is all related to a new (and third) console being added to the network and that it will all be fixed and set up again before long.

1 Like

A bit of information from another thread:

"my friend texted me with that message : "A moderator for the Forza Official Discord has contacted Turn 10 directly.

They’ve said it was not intentional and they’re working on a fix."

so maybe they will bring it back alive :slight_smile: hope so :)"

The problem, at the very least, appears to be acknowledged and isn’t blamed on the players anymore. Hopefully, it is worked on at a reasonable pace and the servers will be brought back within a reasonable amount of time.

1 Like

forza Horizon 2 from xbox 360 are also offline, I notified them

It’s up and running again. Fully operational as far I can judge.
On all 3 gens, I believe.
I’d predict it still has some years ahead to continue running.
:slight_smile:

Good to heart that. And good to know that the servers weren’t just abandoned without warning. Going to be playing this soon.