Laggy steering on a controller

D-pad could sound crazy but KB guys have similar input and they are great… at least some. Maybe that’s the main problem with steering because you can be precise with digital input the same as with analog one.

Can you imagine laggy controls with this car? :smiley:

And no, this is not usual car in GTS.

I came to FH4 from GTA online races and at first steering in FH4 felt somewhat sluggish, but got used to it.
Now if I go back to GTA, I steer too much and ofc hit all sorts of stuff. Different physics model I guess.

PS
I’m a keyboard user.

still though regardless of game speed. setting inner steering deadzone to zero makes response about litteraly instant and i think a low outer deadzone avoids too much and too little straight line over correction response. i like my corners right now! and i dont want like dancing the shimmie shimmie shake just to straighten back out. it works well enough with the slop stick steering too… and no the slop stick was not me insulting anyone that it just offended. i seriously dont like using joystick steering, too much room for error. just the tiniest bit forward or backward and you dont gett 100% of the turn radius a.k.a. extra understeer

Don’t worry guys! I am working on it but it takes time. I was thinking if my 4K monitor has big input lag in 4K mode. One problem with it was I play Horizon in FullHD, BUT Xbox sent it as 4K signal. Other 4K games were a bit laggy too so I switched monitor to much faster one and I am testing it right now. Other games looks better now and I need to test Forzas properly.

simple explanation ! what i call the slop stick for racing utilises full radial wich can limit turn radius if a lil forward or back… d pad only knows the 4 directions front, back, left, right. makes it alot easier to manage corners. just trust me on this it doesnt matter what game or console just use d pad steering until your used to it and you wont want to use the stick to race any more… my precision and lap times are far better using d pad. it can be just tappy-tapped around easy turns and caution over steer risk is slightly higher. also i almost never use tcs and never use stability managment dont need them they get in my way… p.s. if you ever faced me in playground games while i was using big green viking that cornering i can pull is d pad w manual no clutch !! cheers!

After few months with new display I would say it was a display thing. I didn’t realize Xbox uses 4K mode for FullHD Forza and FullHD resolutions worked fast enough.

So Forzas are great as usual!