It's almost a non-issue, but it totally hints at the lackluster state of FH5

7 Likes

Yep, saw this on Reddit about half an hour ago. It does seem like they’ve gone the direction The Sims 4 went, sacrificing gameplay for better graphics.

5 Likes

Cars might offend the delicate little flowers.
Game is more suited for BMX bikes and skateboards now.

3 Likes

Flowers on a graphics setting that will cause the game to crash if you turn it on to see for yourself in game.

1 Like

This is a very stupid thing to be bothered by.

9 Likes

At least that image showcases the entire map. A flat barren desert with a mountain plonked on it.

7 Likes

I like the new opening screen, and music.

1 Like

Yeah nothing wrong with it. Good to see the same old same old whinging every thread. Tis the way of forums though, the content don’t really need to post or are drowned out.

2 Likes

Brilliant observation and conclusion. Many have commented just this, on many different forums, that Horizon 5 is great in terms of graphics, but gameplay is regressing from early versions of Horizon and is sorely lacking in Horizon 5. What is there is in constant flux as it looks like the devs are trying to establish what Horizon 5 is supposed to be. I am extremely disappointed.

5 Likes

Sorry, I wouldn’t consider that whining, but rather observations and discussion.

5 Likes

What better graphics?? FH5 looks way worst than FH4 lol.

1 Like

Played both on my Series X already this morning and you couldn’t be more wrong. FH4 looks great but I always think that FH5 looks better.

I think my point is that this is part of a bigger issue that Horizon isn’t focused on cars or car culture anymore. It’s a glorified vacation advertisement slapped over a decade old racing title crammed full of pointless features designed to do nothing but shoot off dopamine in the user’s brain.

5 Likes

Graphics quality != Scenery

3 Likes

No, I agree.

Thats because its winter this week in fh4,winter always looks dull and boring in fh4,they went overboard with the snow. Every other season fh4 map is better looking and more interesting than fh5 map

1 Like

I disagree with your comment on FH4 winter looking dull, but I’m aware that there’s an equal amount of people who would agree/disagree with this too. Each to their own I guess. Although I can’t help think that all the FH4 winter haters had a big influence on the lack of diverse seasons in FH5.

2 Likes

Yup because the decrease in AA quality in FH5 makes graphics look better, right… and this is just a tiny example. Dont let me start with the terrible lighting system and other graphic aspects, please. Seriously whoever think FH5 looks better than FH4, really needs the eyes to check out.

It does? I have everything maxed out. Is this a hardware specific issue?

Seems that way, though I’m not entirely sure. All I know is that my 5900x and 3090 crashes within minutes, and I know a few other people with the same generation+brand of hardware with the same or similar issue. There are a few more on the forums I’ve conferred with that also have the same issue, though I’m unaware of their hardware.

I play other games and I’ve also stress tested my system extensively. It’s very definitely an issue with the game.